• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
TearRing is kind of what happens when Kaga has more oversight than he probably needs.

For example if you have a female character visit an early town they get kidnapped, and later on you can recruit them as a stripper/dancer.

His new game has some wacky maps

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Finally got to the Blue Lions Route Part 2.

And it has taught me the hardships of putting the wrong classes for my Blue Lion units in a battle that doesn't let me customize them properly.

Fear Annette the Mercenary with Thunderbrand.

R_N

How am I supposed to make money efficiently in Thracia since you start with nothing. I could steal all the axes I want and sell them but I might need them for other units when it is their turn after other units tire from fatigue.
just keep stealing everything that isnt bolted down

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Generally speaking you don't buy stuff in Thracia usually, money isn't useless but you rely on capturing for your resources for most purposes. Brave Axe Dagdar and Brave Lance Finn are very good for this role (or whoever can use the Brave Sword, probably Fergus), they're very efficient at capturing. Obviously you sell the stuff you don't need and buy extra stuff with that, but it's definitely not very efficient to get weapons from shops because they're way too expensive.

Of course, this doesn't mean you need to capture everything in sight, you only really need enough to get by capturing what's convenient and useful. Just don't get too caught up in capturing every boss or enemy with a rare weapon.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
When you put it that way, I suppose rather than buying, I just need to essentially be a looter throughout the game. Also got to Chapter 2x and this game's Fog of War is more of essentially blacking out the remainder of the maps. Makes it look like some parts are covered by some shadow magic rather than actual fog. Hopefully I can find that torch Augustus mentioned too.

KillerDraco

KillerDraco

And...

Apparently it's pulling a Mario, because the website mentions it's a Limited Release until 03/31/2021.

Until then it's a $5.99 purchase on the eShop, and the special edition is $49.99.

A bit steep IMO, especially considering Japan got FE1 as part of the Switch Online NES. Seems like a hard pass for me.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
And...

Apparently it's pulling a Mario, because the website mentions it's a Limited Release until 03/31/2021.

Until then it's a $5.99 purchase on the eShop, and the special edition is $49.99.

A bit steep IMO, especially considering Japan got FE1 as part of the Switch Online NES. Seems like a hard pass for me.
I'm sorry. This is just funny. First I'm thinking of the DS remakes. Nope, it's the original NES release. Then I'm looking at the YouTube comment section, seeing the Mother fans rushing in, clinging to some hope that Mother 3 will be localized. And now this lol.

R_N

And...

This does seem to have had some work put into it, at least. They put in the turn wheel (as in, its a dedicated menu option and you go back turn by turn) and fast forward option and it seems like the localization ddid have to edit it to fit the translation in since they're not making truncated decisions about names and such.

I think it's worth a $6 tbh? It wouldn't shock me if Japan gets it as well, especially the special edition.

KillerDraco

This does seem to have had some work put into it, at least. They put in the turn wheel (as in, its a dedicated menu option and you go back turn by turn) and fast forward option and it seems like the localization ddid have to edit it to fit the translation in since they're not making truncated decisions about names and such.

I think it's worth a $6 tbh? It wouldn't shock me if Japan gets it as well, especially the special edition.

The modern QoL is a nice addition, I won't doubt that. But at the end of the day it's still an NES game, and I don't know how willing I am to spend money on NES games specifically given most (outside of Super Mario Bros 3 which it the GOAT) haven't aged well at all.

Is it worth $6? Probably. But it's not enough for me to want to buy it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I thought the Mega Man games aged pretty well.

I actually beat the first one, and even though it has some problems (why is there a scoring system?), I thought it aged significantly well.

Also, the first Zelda aged much better than the first Metroid.

I'll probably get the FE localization, but I don't know when I would be able to play it.
I probably could get that remake on my Wii U instead, seeing as it isn't as expensive as the DS physical game.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Interesting to see this get a stand-alone release and not just shadow dropped onto the NSO NES library. It’s nice to see them give us something for the 30th Anniversary like this after a year like this. Though I do have to say that the $49 special edition with all the sweet loot (except the stocks going out in like 10 minutes).

So care if I ask? What’s the major differences between this version and the DS remake? I entered the series through the 3DS Ambassador Program release of Eirika’s game anddon’t know much about any games prior except what I know through Heroes.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I think this leaves a clear indication on the fates of the other JP Emblems.

Gaiden got a full remake because its own unique features lent itself to a remake taking full advantage of them; a straight translation like FE1 is getting would not gel well with Gaiden's random encounter dungeons. SoV also had the blessing of good timing: It was riding off the success of Awakening and Fates, and so a full fleshed out and voiced cast was expected.

Now, we have the hindsight and figures to see that Echoes did not sell as well as those two games, and Three Houses selling gangbusters dispels the notion that FE was seeing a dip in hype that Echoes was just a victim to. And we have Heroes providing frequent updates with characters with new art, voices, and expanded personalities.

Combine the two realities together and we have the impression that the classics will still have their fanbases that will seek out official rereleases, and don't really need to have all the bells and whistles of the modern FEs. They just want to have the games in an official capacity, and can get the expansions they'd like in Heroes and future crossover projects.

TL;DR: I expect Fire Emblems 3, 4, 5, and maybe 6 to get the full translation job 1 is getting. With their own collectors editions too. Remakes will be reserved for 6 if its not getting just a translation, and for the Gamecube-era Emblems where the template to improve on the 3D is already there.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Hey guys, I'm getting Three Houses, any suggestions you want to give me when I eventually start up the game?

Also, does the main hub get updated in New Game Plus?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hey guys, I'm getting Three Houses, any suggestions you want to give me when I eventually start up the game?

Also, does the main hub get updated in New Game Plus?
You pretty much can do anything you want on your first run, as the difficulty is capped at Hard. Once you beat any route once, NG+ benefits and Maddening Mode open.

Only the title screen will change if you beat Maddening Mode, assuming you don't use NG+ benefits. If so, if you ever go for that bragging rights reward, the Blue Lions route is the easiest route to complete without bonuses.

NPC

sleep researcher
I've been playing FE6 for the first time. The layout is familiar because I played through FE7 and 8 as a kid, but wow these hit percentages are harsh. Feels like everything constantly misses. It really drags out the combat sometimes.

KillerDraco

I've been playing FE6 for the first time. The layout is familiar because I played through FE7 and 8 as a kid, but wow these hit percentages are harsh. Feels like everything constantly misses. It really drags out the combat sometimes.

Well that's the thing, FE6 laid the groundwork for FE7 and FE8, but they both polished and refined it. Mechanically FE6 is pretty janky and would definitely benefit from a modern remake.