• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The amount of times I have had to use that Time Crystal in this run lol. I came damn close to using it all up in Chapter 17. Enemies really feel so much stockier in this game. A consequence of making the armor knights finally good I suppose.

The agonizing average 4 Move for units to start with also didn't help matters. It feels very easy for the enemy to swarm you hard if you don't have a precise formation established.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Since it got buried a while back, I wanted to touch up more on the unreleased DLC.

So if you were to look at the file of the House Leader bracelet, you would see that it is attributed to Edelgard even though Dimitri and Claude are also bond to said bracelet. This may also be the case of the "Chrom" bracelet with Robin being attached. There is another unused file for "Robin's Thunder" which is seemingly group with other Emblem weapons.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just bought Engage. Currently in the middle of my 1st run of Awakening though so not sure when I'll actually start it but I've liked what I've seen on social media.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm just going to go out and say it, but Alcryst is low-key one of the best characters in Engage (so far at least as of Chapter 12).

He does the whole apologizing thing, but he makes up for it in his resolve.

Heck, the goofy apologies he makes just makes the times where he stands up to do what's right even more satisfying.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Gonna "revive" this thread to mention that the DLC for Engage got announced.

To recap:
Wave 2: Hector, Soren, Camilla
Wave 3: Chrom/Robin, and Veronica
Wave 4: The Fell Xenologue story

The first two waves were datamined a small bit back, but there is still some unreleased information about these waves.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Wave 3 just arrived today, and with that, only Wave 4 remains.

Need to get back this game. Maybe next week?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Engage's Chapter 11 is hands down the worst chapter in the whole game. You struggle with Chapter 10, you're not ready to go through that hell they put you through. The game pretty much forces you prepare or else you will waste an hour just trying to get back to Chapter 11.

R_N

Engage's Chapter 11 is hands down the worst chapter in the whole game. You struggle with Chapter 10, you're not ready to go through that hell they put you through. The game pretty much forces you prepare or else you will waste an hour just trying to get back to Chapter 11.
I thought 11 owned bones and cleared it first try on Hard.

It's rough going but I didn't find it nearly as rough as other chapters of its ilk

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I thought 11 owned bones and cleared it first try on Hard.

It's rough going but I didn't find it nearly as rough as other chapters of its ilk
I'm doing that on Lunatic, for context. That's when you can tell the developers didn't play test that *******.

It's bad enough that there's an enemy cleric with Freeze.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I mean, they did warn you to prepare for that chapter.

And FE Engage simply is not an FE that encourages turtling which is pretty great lol

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I mean, they did warn you to prepare for that chapter.
Usually, the chapter is either manageable or it's an optional battle that can be won or lost.

It's definitely NOT one that deprives you from all the story Emblems, gives them to all your enemies, shuffles them around to OTHER enemies who take them from the enemies defeated, restarts Emblems' used up special moves (so enjoy Warp Ragnarok killing a unit) every time a special move was used, said special moves are free moves that can't be counterattacked, Emblem Sigurd enemies being cancer, and everything is even worse if someone is playing on Classic (not me, because I know the frustration would be far greater).

Oh, and the Time Crystal is removed, so Alear gets killed near the end or units are getting killed every turn while still dealing with the onslaught of Emblem foes, it's all over.

So even that little warning is a massive understatement.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Lunatic in FE sometimes does assume you've played the game and know how to plan the tactics for the chapter ahead of time.

But sometimes chapters are just not well balanced on higher difficulties it's not uncommon in games based on raw numbers.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ugh, finally. Done with that horrible chapter. Lost almost half my units, but Casual Mode is the best thing FE ever did.

Now it seems like the game really opens up with many chances to train units without being forced into story battles.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't think I mentioned this before, but I really wish a New Game Plus was implemented with your donation goals and bond rings in tact.

Also, I wish there was a Medium Hard (Veteran) mode.

(BTW, the Fell Xenologue should come pretty soon.)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Went back to play Engage. Doing the Fell Xenologue.

...Since there is absolutely no reward for playing it on Maddening, that kinda destroys the point of playing it in a hard difficulty. Chapter 3 was too stupid on Maddening if things go south dealing with the bosses there (Chapter 1 is seriously too luck-based, even with a strategy in place), so yeah.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And another double Mythic Hero end for the main story.

Gullveig's a cavalry with double Galeforce, but each trigger makes her move one space only.

Kvasir is Letizia on steroids.

Red: Kvasir, L!Yuri, and Fallen Female Byleth.
Blue: L!Guinivere, L!Caeda, and Nerbuz
Green: Seior, Heior, and L!M!Robin
Colorless: Gullveig, Fomortiis, Etri

Nat The Emboar

I just want to say that Fire Emblem is my favorite Nintendo Series, besides Pokémon and Mario. My favorite character is Roy, who I used to main in Smash Bros until Incineroar came.