• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

StarMasterWarrior

the prince of stars
A gif focusing on the dancer.

http://i.imgur.com/98xvuxV.gif

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/98xvuxV.gif[/IMG200]

Look in her eye. You can see a winding clock.

Time traveling may be a thing once again.

I heard on Serene's that it looks like the beginning of FE7 where all the legendary weapons were spinning in a circle.

Also if Bishops and Light Magic don't return I'm gonna riot ;_;

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I heard on Serene's that it looks like the beginning of FE7 where all the legendary weapons were spinning in a circle.

Also if Bishops and Light Magic don't return I'm gonna riot ;_;

You should probably start rioting because I doubt they're going to come back, looks too similar to Awakening.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
You should probably start rioting because I doubt they're going to come back, looks too similar to Awakening.

Its hard to say, there are at least a handful of new classes.

Some kind of new manakete hybrid, a maid class (maybe just different forms of clerics?), a new ice mage looking class, and something that looks like the assassin but is clearly the cain and abel archtype of this game. My theory is that the last one is actually soldier classes, in the same vein as nephenee, aran, and danved/devdan.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It looks like we might get summoners back. Hopefully we get someone less awful than Knoll.

Zachmac

It looks like we might get summoners back. Hopefully we get someone less awful than Knoll.
Awful? Knoll was awesome just for being a summoner. In fact, I'd even argue that the summon ability made him OP. Phantoms made for some pretty awesome diversions, with their non-existent defense and ability to be replaced and all.

But yeah, I'm with Pokemonjeff. What'd you see to imply that?

Aurath8

Knoll comes in Chapter 15, reasonably late, as an unpromoted Shaman. 2 Def was pretty bad with Artur in Ch4 let alone when every enemy can 2-shot him. Even worse, 8 spd is also really bad at that point in the game.

Though he pretty much has exclusive access to Dark magic in this game, Knoll's base stats mean that he takes a lot of work to get up to speed. The game only has 5 or so chapters left, Artur, Saleh, Lute and heck even Ewan already exist way earlier and Knoll really needs stats almost twice as high to be relevant.

Honestly at first I thought he was a secret fourth trainee unit or something.

Zachmac

I didn't use Knoll for his magic. I used him for his phantoms.

Canon fodder is potentially game breaking stuff in a game that's all about risk vs reward.

Last edited:

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Knoll comes in Chapter 15, reasonably late, as an unpromoted Shaman. 2 Def was pretty bad with Artur in Ch4 let alone when every enemy can 2-shot him. Even worse, 8 spd is also really bad at that point in the game.

Though he pretty much has exclusive access to Dark magic in this game, Knoll's base stats mean that he takes a lot of work to get up to speed. The game only has 5 or so chapters left, Artur, Saleh, Lute and heck even Ewan already exist way earlier and Knoll really needs stats almost twice as high to be relevant.

Honestly at first I thought he was a secret fourth trainee unit or something.

Yes, but he is level ten an in Erikia's Route he can get to the village after he spawns.

And I don't mind getting any units late game in TSS. Monsters.
I got InnesxL'Archel A right before I did Darkling Woods.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Well, he did say he has the worst of luck for being imprisoned in the first place, and he also assumed his execution was moved up when he was rescued.

It's kinda sad,really.He thinks he sucks and he wasn't kidding.

Lyon's Japanese growths also fit with the fact that he also thinks he sucks.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
So... Does this mean that there is no actual evidence to suggest summoners returning at this point? That is hardcore depressing.

Also, has anyone seen what looks like the cain and abel of this game?

They are red and green, and the same class. People have been saying that they are assassins, but I strongly doubt it. The sprite looks to me like it might be a playable soldier class, prettied up for us.

I strongly hope that the cain and abel of this game are in fact playable soldiers (and please dear god let the imbue skill return).

tumblr_inline_niav4eCTDD1t3crcv.png

This is the only picture I could find, but specifically, I'm talking about 'abel' in the green circle, and 'cain' in the northeast corner. They are the same class, and, while having similar looks to the assassin class, I find it to be unlikely thats what they are. They look more like soldiers of Aran and Nephenee's brood to me.

Thoughts on this?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Given the eastern aesthetic, it's possible the Assassin model has been repurposed for a pre-promote Ninja class. Maybe it replaces the Mercenary class, since Ninjas were indeed mercenaries themselves in 15th century Japan. And then they can promote to an official Assassin, or a shogun or a Jonin (High-ranking Ninja) later on.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
Given the eastern aesthetic, it's possible the Assassin model has been repurposed for a pre-promote Ninja class. Maybe it replaces the Mercenary class, since Ninjas were indeed mercenaries themselves in 15th century Japan. And then they can promote to an official Assassin, or a shogun or a Jonin (High-ranking Ninja) later on.

This is an interesting theory, actually. That would be a cool way to go with this. Although, I hope they don't replace the mercenary class, as its always been a personal favorite.

I suppose even if they aren't the soldiers, I hope there are still playable soldiers in game.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'm surprised by how much people want certain classes in the game.

I'm just sitting here hoping that the FE theme isn't like Awakening's...

You talking about an overlying theme or the actual music theme?

pokemonjeff

interested trader
I'm surprised by how much people want certain classes in the game.

I'm just sitting here hoping that the FE theme isn't like Awakening's...

Are you serious? The glory that was radiant dawns soldier class is unimaginable. I'd greatly enjoy getting to try out a summoner too.

I don't really care about all of the classes, just a few. A handful I honestly don't give a rats *** if they return or not. Trickster, gryphon knight, bow knight, etc. But it mostly boils down to personal preference.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't really care about all of the classes, just a few. A handful I honestly don't give a rats *** if they return or not. Trickster, gryphon knight, bow knight, etc. But it mostly boils down to personal preference.
Interesting thing about the griffin knight, with any of the legacy characters, you have to reclass them as the ones that ride dragons are all promoted.

...I believe.

Recon

Are you serious? The glory that was radiant dawns soldier class is unimaginable. I'd greatly enjoy getting to try out a summoner too.

Yeah, I don't know why, but the bow knight SUCKS in this game. Which is a damn shame cause I got a lot of use out of Neimi in Sacred Stones when I promoted her into a Ranger, which is pretty much the same thing as a bow knight.

Trickster is definitely a gimicky class, though Acrobat and Lucky 7 are really nice skills. Maybe put them onto a different class. Gryphon knights have way too much focus on utility to be useful in my opinion.

I just hope they bring back Pirates. Having one back in the day was always good, and Beserkers being to walk on almost everything made me chuckle a little.