• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Akashin

Meh. I seriously hope you get something akin to Casual mode on both, because I found it to be brilliant on Awakening, because I was pretty awful when it came to not losing decent units.

Casual Mode has been a thing for the past two FEs, so I'll be very surprised if they were to axe it now.

I am curious, does anyone have a link to a translated rom of FE: 6 (Blazing Blade)

I'm not 100% sure whether or not there's a written rule on the matter, but I feel pretty safe saying that asking for Roms is against the rules.

Last edited:

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
I'm not 100% sure whether or not there's a written rule on the matter, but I feel pretty safe saying that asking for Roms is against the rules.

Yeah... I'll remember that...

I saw someone talk about Casual mode, I honestly don't care if it's in. I won't be sad if it's not, though fun screw around playthrus that I did in Awakening won't reappear for me sadly. Cause Awakening, despite being my first Fire Emblem game, I didn't play Casual I played the Ironman Classic mode. I will be doing the same for If, and I'll be doing the same for any game if theirs an option. Atleast in the initial playthru.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Yeah... I'll remember that...

I saw someone talk about Casual mode, I honestly don't care if it's in. I won't be sad if it's not, though fun screw around playthrus that I did in Awakening won't reappear for me sadly. Cause Awakening, despite being my first Fire Emblem game, I didn't play Casual I played the Ironman Classic mode. I will be doing the same for If, and I'll be doing the same for any game if theirs an option. Atleast in the initial playthru.

I like Casual mode and I hope they keep it as an option. I just like not having to reset to keep my characters.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

Zachmac

And yet another awesome face plate. I would say I'm angry with NoA for this, but I'm more upset that the XLs don't get faceplates then I am that we aren't getting the smaller version.
So this sarcastic "Thanks, Nintendo" goes to the Japanese HQ this time.

Not that I'm excited about the screws on the bottom face plate or the downgrade to Micro SD cards excites me either.
Well, just as long as each route has at least 25 chapters, I'll go ahead and believe this.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Can someone give me some tips on how to get Chrom to marry Olivia in Awakening, there is only one chapter to build up a relationship and I've had to restart a few times

R_N

Can someone give me some tips on how to get Chrom to marry Olivia in Awakening, there is only one chapter to build up a relationship and I've had to restart a few times

you basically tie them by the hip and hope your support with the other people arent as high as chrom/oliva are by the end of the map

alternatively you can go pair off all of his potential partners, at that point olivia wins by default

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
you basically tie them by the hip and hope your support with the other people arent as high as chrom/oliva are by the end of the map

alternatively you can go pair off all of his potential partners, at that point olivia wins by default

Just dance for him a bunch and you'll be fine.

All three of these seem to be good strategies, but if you wanted to be safe about it, could you use a Seed of Trust?

Rio!

Composer
NEEEEEEEED

So, is there any hope for a FE special edition New 3DS XL for the US? Cause I am preordering one in a heartbeat.

I'm wondering the same; I have yet to upgrade from normal 3ds either and this would just be the icing on the proverbial cake. 8D

Aurath8

Well, just as long as each route has at least 25 chapters, I'll go ahead and believe this.

I remember seeing that a quote that 5/6ths of the story will occur after the choice. Since that's chapter 6 onwards, we could be looking at exactly 25 chapters for each story path, plus the initial 5 chapters to make 30. Each chapter averages at the very least 1 hour and up to 1 3/4 hours, so we're looking at a solid 35-40 hour game even before DLC.
That seems like a good deal to me.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I just hope they do difficulty right this time. We don't need a mess like Lunatic+ again, there are ways to do proper difficulty in Fire Emblem and that's definitely not one of them. Though I wonder if both games will approach it differently since one having a map makes a big difference in how they can approach it in the other.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I just hope they do difficulty right this time. We don't need a mess like Lunatic+ again, there are ways to do proper difficulty in Fire Emblem and that's definitely not one of them. Though I wonder if both games will approach it differently since one having a map makes a big difference in how they can approach it in the other.

Aren't the Lunatic difficulties typically less difficult and more just unfair anyway?