• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Aurath8

Wait,I just noticed something.In that picture with all the siblings/adopted siblings...Don't they all look a little sad?Maybe-just maybe-that's the third route.

It's likely that the picture in question occurs just before you make the decision to side with either/neither faction. It sorta looks like they zoomed in on the faces momentarily after these shots occured in the cutscene.

As far as I know, we know absolutely nothing about the 3rd route, except that we will not be affiliated with the two main factions, and it will be DLC after the rest of the game is released. As a result, I don't think we can do much to speculate on what we'll actually be doing or what will happen in it, especially considering we have such thin details on the campaigns we actually know about.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
On a more silly note, guess who just got their not-so-right foot surgery ? :p

[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/820407AvatarFE14Female.png[/IMG139]

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Yes, it's been pointed out already.

I think it has a deep meaning this time since the game is practically close in release in Japan and it hasn't been corrected.

The fact that it was a mistake was already pointed out, but what I just brought on this thread was the fact it has been corrected, thus why the 'not-so-right foot surgery' comment. :p
The left female Avatar on my picture is the one appearing on the official japanese site, while the one on the right is the one they first announced with the two left feet.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
maybe it's a metaphor for how the protagonist can't dance while the blue-haired chick can, which symbolizes the chasm between their abilities and highlights the juxtaposition between their characterizations

it's okay to call me deep

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay yeah this makes me much more hopeful about the weapon durability changes. The drawbacks to using stronger weapons are very interesting, wonder how that will affect weapons that bosses use or not. The weapon triangle is also kinda cool, they didn't really change it that much but just augmented it in a way that actually makes everything feel more complete. That also explains why we previously saw screenshots of a sword user having the weapon advantage over an Archer.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
You can't have a Japanese game without them.

Essentially. I wonder what they'll do though, and what they fight with... tbh, they sound like probably gender variations on the same thing. Like Priest/Cleric in Awakening.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
We've already have Bards, Dancers and Brides, so ehh, why not?

because bards and dancers are based on proper righteous glorious RPG tropes (and brides aren't canon because DLC), whereas maids and butlers are obvious anime weeb waifu/husbando shipping pairing bait to homely virgins

Recon

Essentially. I wonder what they'll do though, and what they fight with... tbh, they sound like probably gender variations on the same thing. Like Priest/Cleric in Awakening.

I suspect they use hidden weapons with staves.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I was afraid they would change a lot the weapon triangle, but I'm totally fine with the one they proposed. It just ties everything together; like having bows be good and bad against other weapons, and not simply good or bad against specific classes.

As stated in the second article, butlers and maids will make use of dark magic (which has a secondary effect of lowering stats). Interesting. I suspect Great Butler to make use of Dark Magic and Staves after upgrading from Butler. If I were to guess, I would say that Maid would turn into Great Maid or something like that.

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
So... Basically Clerics/Priests with a slightly better promotion. Sounds good enough for me.

Also, I'm glad there's now an actual reason to have bows. In FE:A, bows were utterly useless for 95% of the game. Outclassed by bows, throwing axes, throwing lances... Basically every other ranged weapon because they all could hit next to you. It's also not as if it's an early alternative to mages, either. You get one to start, and another literally a chapter after the only archer.

Last edited: