• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Yes, it's been pointed out already.

I think it has a deep meaning this time since the game is practically close in release in Japan and it hasn't been corrected.

The fact that it was a mistake was already pointed out, but what I just brought on this thread was the fact it has been corrected, thus why the 'not-so-right foot surgery' comment. :p
The left female Avatar on my picture is the one appearing on the official japanese site, while the one on the right is the one they first announced with the two left feet.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
maybe it's a metaphor for how the protagonist can't dance while the blue-haired chick can, which symbolizes the chasm between their abilities and highlights the juxtaposition between their characterizations

it's okay to call me deep

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay yeah this makes me much more hopeful about the weapon durability changes. The drawbacks to using stronger weapons are very interesting, wonder how that will affect weapons that bosses use or not. The weapon triangle is also kinda cool, they didn't really change it that much but just augmented it in a way that actually makes everything feel more complete. That also explains why we previously saw screenshots of a sword user having the weapon advantage over an Archer.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
You can't have a Japanese game without them.

Essentially. I wonder what they'll do though, and what they fight with... tbh, they sound like probably gender variations on the same thing. Like Priest/Cleric in Awakening.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
We've already have Bards, Dancers and Brides, so ehh, why not?

because bards and dancers are based on proper righteous glorious RPG tropes (and brides aren't canon because DLC), whereas maids and butlers are obvious anime weeb waifu/husbando shipping pairing bait to homely virgins

Recon

Essentially. I wonder what they'll do though, and what they fight with... tbh, they sound like probably gender variations on the same thing. Like Priest/Cleric in Awakening.

I suspect they use hidden weapons with staves.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I was afraid they would change a lot the weapon triangle, but I'm totally fine with the one they proposed. It just ties everything together; like having bows be good and bad against other weapons, and not simply good or bad against specific classes.

As stated in the second article, butlers and maids will make use of dark magic (which has a secondary effect of lowering stats). Interesting. I suspect Great Butler to make use of Dark Magic and Staves after upgrading from Butler. If I were to guess, I would say that Maid would turn into Great Maid or something like that.

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
So... Basically Clerics/Priests with a slightly better promotion. Sounds good enough for me.

Also, I'm glad there's now an actual reason to have bows. In FE:A, bows were utterly useless for 95% of the game. Outclassed by bows, throwing axes, throwing lances... Basically every other ranged weapon because they all could hit next to you. It's also not as if it's an early alternative to mages, either. You get one to start, and another literally a chapter after the only archer.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So... Basically Clerics/Priests with a slightly better promotion. Sounds good enough for me.
Well I don't know if they actually get to use staves, it was just a supposition. But I do hope they get to. It seems like the most logical choice to me.
Yes we need mistresses in addition to our waifus!
Whatever they choose to name them, these female characters are doomed already. Although my choice of word was really not what I meant to say... Let's just stick to Great Maid.

Last edited:

Zachmac

The new weapon triangle feels odd to me but it's probably for the better. I was kind of hoping for a new magic triangle because magic was pretty boring in Awakening, but this happens to drag in bows as well. I guess I should be happy about this.

Also, brave weapons seriously needed a nerf. Thank goodness for that. While I'm still not sure if -4 defense makes up for the insane damage output they have in the long run - especially since a measly 4 points becomes less important the higher the level you are - it's still something. Let's see them nerf their strength as well.

...Seriously though. Those things made the legendary weapons look like jokes.

Last edited:

Aurath8

Worth mentioning that Great Butler may have been a mistranslation. Gunter is likely to be a Great Knight, which makes more sense. Butler and maid shouldn't seem out of place too much imo, especially when we have 10 or so characters from 2 royal families running around. I'm almost surprised that Butler or Maid haven't been made official classes before since we definitely had them in some form before.

Anyway, the digital version of Famitsu is released by midnight in Japan on the 21st May, which is only...15 minutes ago? We'll be able to see confirm these details and more soon.

I really like the new weapon triangle and weapon system mainly because if IS have spent so much effort balancing different weapon types than it raises my hopes that they have carefully thought about infinite weapon durability as well.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
8jqct76.png

So Nohr is the best path because you get smug Captain America.