• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
If I'm being honest, what I'm most interested in is that FE1 Attack Theme remix they played during the amiibo support bit of the Direct, I want to hear more of that. My Castle seems pretty neat though, it was nice to see some more actual gameplay in a way.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry if I'm a bit out of the loop here, but where is all this "new" information coming from?

The Japanese Nintendo Direct that just aired recently.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Mikoto being the mother was really obvious to me.
Mmmh. These character descriptions are pretty interesting. I didn't expect Felicia to be for both sides, and Joker too. And glad Suzukaze is with us whatever path we choose. He looks awesome.

But ooooh boy, Charlotte... *sigh* I have a bad feeling about her. Either I'm gonna love her, or I'm gonna hate her. Her character description is basically 'waifu'. But I do admit, her "hidden personality" peeks my interest. We'll see.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm liking the look of these skills so far, especially if we're getting more personal skills this time around. Healing a staff user upon being healed by that staff user is actually really useful. Characters are also looking very diverse, for lack of a better word.

Zachmac

So now we're seeing a playable fox yokai, huh? I wonder what his class will be like, or if we'll be seeing more alternative races as playable.
Gratitude sounds like a cool skill. It always frustrated me that healers couldn't heal themselves.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
True. From personal experience, healers were often the ones actually needing healing the most. tbh, in FE:A, healers were just a bit meh. Maribelle and Lissa took forever to hit even level 10, and I'm yet to get either of them to level 20 in their base class. Brady and Libra were exceptions, because Brady starts at level 10, so you can change his class straight off the bat, and Libra's already promoted and capable of actually doing stuff. Don't get me started on Tricksters. They are awful healers.

Aurath8

I only have two words to say about Mikoto: Anime aging.
Either that or Dragon Blood is working its magic. Whatever it is she looks fine for 40-something.

And yay more info. Between the direct, official site and weekly famitsu news, it seems this game is hardly without new stuff recently revealed for it.

Foxy the Hoshido Zoroark's skill sounds nice, but a bit situational. Healers shouldn't be taking damage anyway so I only really see this being useful in lategame when staff users will also be fighting. Also if this is translated well and I'm reading correctly, it only works like this if you heal a unit with Gratitude.

Ambush Duty meanwhile looks really good. She's a Wyvern rider so she'll have access to Hand Axes, which could make for really useful chip damage. With archers as well there's quite a number of enemies against which this is useful.
Nyx also gets a mini-magic Counter, which is also great.

As usual Famitsu's digital version is released at around midnight in Japan on Wednesday, so sometime tomorrow for most of the world.

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Meh. tbh, healers in general aren't too common late-game, because of how long it takes to level up the original healers, and the Sages/Falcon Knights have to start off from E rank, and staves took forever to rank up. In FE:A, anyway. I hope they change the first part of that.

Akashin

Foxy the Hoshido Zoroark's skill sounds nice, but a bit situational. Healers shouldn't be taking damage anyway so I only really see this being useful in lategame when staff users will also be fighting. Also if this is translated well and I'm reading correctly, it only works like this if you heal a unit with Gratitude.

Well, yeah, that's how Gratitude works; when the unit with Gratitude is healed, the one doing the healing gets a nifty half-heal for their effort. Which will undoubtedly see more value in the late game, like you said, but sometimes a healer takes an errant arrow or something that Gratitude could help deal with.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
IDK. For me, healers always seem to end up in the danger zone, cos that's where the damaged unit is, and the damaged unit can't get out of the danger zone.

Also, reminds me of an avatar I made on FE:A. Great Knight, with Pavise, Aegis, Lifetaker, Counter and Ignis/Luna, all stats capped. I don't think it was ever below three-quarters health.