• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

KillerDraco

To be fair, Shadow Dragon is a game better off forgotten.

I would say it's fairly probable that support bonuses/conversations may persist in FE:If. Maybe not an absolute certainty since there's no way of knowing either way, but it's fairly likely.

I personally don't mind either way if S-rank supports stay or go. What I'm hoping though, is that if they keep the ability to do as many support conversations as you please. The 5-limit in the older games was a nuisance to me, and since Support Conversations are the only ways to really get to see each character's depth and backstory, being limited to 5 conversations only per playthrough meant if you wanted to really get to see each character and their interactions, you were forced to do multiple playthroughs. A nuisance, for sure.

Akashin

I personally don't mind either way if S-rank supports stay or go. What I'm hoping though, is that if they keep the ability to do as many support conversations as you please. The 5-limit in the older games was a nuisance to me, and since Support Conversations are the only ways to really get to see each character's depth and backstory, being limited to 5 conversations only per playthrough meant if you wanted to really get to see each character and their interactions, you were forced to do multiple playthroughs. A nuisance, for sure.

The limit made more sense in older games because of the relatively large stat benefit Supports afforded, but so long as Support benefits remain tied to the Dual System (which limits you to reaping the benefits of one Support at a time anyway) I don't see why the limit shouldn't stay gone.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
It has been confirmed that Supports are coming back in some fashion, as the Avatar's personal Skill involves Support Level. Also, I think it's most likely that conversations are returning, as I'm guessing you can only "rub" a unit as the Avatar, so the game needs another way to level up supports, and conversations are the most likely to return.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Speaking of 'likely to return', I'm not overly sure Tricksters will. I mean, thieves wield bows now, right? So, Assassins are likely to stay a promotion, although I personally think they'll use dark weaponry and bows, because Sword/Bow in the new weapon triangle is terribad, and dark weaponry fits a bit better with the whole evil murder shadowy business feel of Assassins. Tricksters, however, wouldn't make sense, as it means that upon promotion, either they lose bows and get swords, which is ridiculous, or Tricksters are now Bow/Stave, which is also ridiculous. So, I think either Tricksters are gone for good, or they're no longer a Thief promote.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
lol. Sounds more like XC3DS affinity, but hey, that's not too bad a system. At least this one actually has in-battle effects.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Zachmac

I'm personally in favor of them bringing back S-ranks, but not making them necessarily marriage related.
You know, and S-rank were they're "just friends". I don't mind a romantic couple here and there, but I personally find the concept of Waifu Emblem to be somewhat cringe worthy.

Ah well, at least if they do bring it back this time, I probably won't be forced to marry someone to recruit someone like Morgan.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
tbh, didn't S rank supports give you like, 75% chance of Dual Strikes?

Zachmac

Let's not forget that they're breaking apart the pair up into two. There is both a "guard stance" and "attack stance" now, isn't there?

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Let's not forget that they're breaking apart the pair up into two. There is both a "guard stance" and "attack stance" now, isn't there?

Yeah,I guess there is.The attack stance is going to have crazy activation rates the higher the support level,I bet.Same with the guard stance.

Which would be more OP in Lunatic(+)/or the If version of Lunatic(+),I wonder?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
... but there are so many different characters I want my unit to marry and so many different characters I want to see fall in love with each other! ;-;

I wouldn't be convinced if the S support came back but only meant "just good friends" in most cases. >:[ At least have some romance hints here in there to spice things up, I don't know.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I don't really know where the unit petting will come into play then since Support Coversations are confirmed, is it a side thing which doesn't really do much apart from fanservice, or does it have something to do with unlocking Support Coversations?

Zachmac

Yeah,I guess there is.The attack stance is going to have crazy activation rates the higher the support level,I bet.Same with the guard stance.

Which would be more OP in Lunatic(+)/or the If version of Lunatic(+),I wonder?
Actually, I was just trying to remind you that Pair Up was rebalanced.
http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-if/pre/attack-guard-stance/
I don't really know where the unit petting will come into play then since Support Coversations are confirmed, is it a side thing which doesn't really do much apart from fanservice, or does it have something to do with unlocking Support Coversations?
I probably just helps unlock support conversations, just in a really, really bizarre way.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
It's probably also better for doing supports than grinding two characters, paired-up, on an early map after throwing a Reeking Box on there, because the latter costs money.

Akashin

It's probably also better for doing supports than grinding two characters, paired-up, on an early map after throwing a Reeking Box on there, because the latter costs money.

Which doesn't even work on Nohr's side at all because Nohr's story follows a more traditional format, does it not?

I'd been wondering about whether or not Nohr's side would be able to grind for Supports at all.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
IDK. Maybe the whole FE-Amie thing replaces pair-up support growths, and it's just the shiny tiles? They did say something about pair-up getting nerfed a bit...

Although, what I really want is proper local play on this. Like, you link up with someone else, pick a map, send out your units, and then battle as per normal, but player v player instead of player v AI.