• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
i dont know i've got a bunch of cash

it just flows very quickly

i dont really buy promotion items at this point (chapter 15) though
Uh... I guess it depends on how much characters you use. My gold remains around 10 000 most of the time. And now I have to find a way to get some promotional items, since I need Neimi, Ross, L'Arachel, Joshua and Knoll to promote and I don't have the items to do so...

And that is not considering the weapons I have to buy, which I truthfully need.

If you want to grind for gold, I believe there was an RNG trick that lets you find a Rune Sword as a drop item in the Tower of Valni around 50% of the time, though I can't remember what the trick was exactly and it is a little tedious.

Also, I just can't bring myself to sell Runeswords very often because I just love them so much. I've got a hoard of them in my most recent SS playthrough.

I've read about this trick and tried it out. It's overly complicated and it did not even work for me, so I kinda gave up. Still trying to dig up some trick to get more money.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
So I've been playing Sacred Stones and a couple things have stood out to me as apposed to the other FE game I have played, Awakening, and soon Shadow Dragon.

Firstly, FOG OF WAR. Omg I hate this mechanic. Why does this thing exist? Just slam my units into the fog and run the risk of getting mashed. Thieves have increased vision sure, but they're so frail that it's a risk in itself. Ugggghgh.

Until we could buy the promotion items they were really scarce. I'm happy that all of them were scrapped and that in Awakening we just had Master Seals for promotions, because non universal ones were just tedious.

Finally , overall the game has been enjoyable and I like the majority of the units. The Tower of Valni and Entombed grinding Is ulta helpful, there are some fantastic units in the mix (although resetting to save Lute or forced Erika losses are common in the early game urgh.) and I like how your first Lord has a Myrmidon build, along with Joshua being so easily accessed (favourite class).

Also, may I rant about how much Vaike from Awakening ticks me off? I mean, the third person thing is bad enough... But for me it was worse, and you can find out why here.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Dear god, is it just me, or is Scared Stones not a big fan of giving a sustainable amount of cash during the game ? D: Not to mention the price to pay for these promotional items...

I find you can save money better if you buy a lot of weapons early on, do the Tower a bit, then go on. Selling useless things helps too.

And you want money. 10,000 to be exact.

So I've been playing Sacred Stones and a couple things have stood out to me as apposed to the other FE game I have played, Awakening, and soon Shadow Dragon.

Firstly, FOG OF WAR. Omg I hate this mechanic. Why does this thing exist? Just slam my units into the fog and run the risk of getting mashed. Thieves have increased vision sure, but they're so frail that it's a risk in itself. Ugggghgh.

Until we could buy the promotion items they were really scarce. I'm happy that all of them were scrapped and that in Awakening we just had Master Seals for promotions, because non universal ones were just tedious.

Finally , overall the game has been enjoyable and I like the majority of the units. The Tower of Valni and Entombed grinding Is ulta helpful, there are some fantastic units in the mix (although resetting to save Lute or forced Erika losses are common in the early game urgh.) and I like how your first Lord has a Myrmidon build, along with Joshua being so easily accessed (favourite class).

Also, may I rant about how much Vaike from Awakening ticks me off? I mean, the third person thing is bad enough... But for me it was worse, and you can find out why here.

I don't get why people don't like FoW. I like it because of the danger chances. Spices things up, y'know.

And you can buy premotion items with the member card, which is found with Rennac in ch 14 (?)(Recruit with Erikia for fee, L'Archel for free)

Last edited:

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I find you can save money better if you buy a lot of weapons early on, do the Tower a bit, then go on. Selling useless things helps too.

And you want money. 10,000 to be exact.

I don't get why people don't like FoW. I like it because of the danger chances. Spices things up, y'know.

And you can buy premotion items with the member card, which is found with Rennac in ch 14 (?)(Recruit with Erikia for fee, L'Archel for free)

Doesn't Rennac lower his price down to 9000 or something when you refuse?I have about 50000,so grinding and selling should get me enough.I never use him because his stats suck for me,but I would love that member card and to use him for the silver card and Metis Tome.

Phsy-Spark

Doesn't Rennac lower his price down to 9000 or something when you refuse?I have about 50000,so grinding and selling should get me enough.I never use him because his stats suck for me,but I would love that member card and to use him for the silver card and Metis Tome.

I think it's either 9000 or 9999

Everlasting

Everything stays.
If spoken to with Eirika, Rennac will demand 9980 gold.

I'm so poor, I'm almost tempted to sell my items that permanently raise stats. I haven't used a single one and so far I've fared well, so I wonder if I should exchange them for more gold.

I have a complicated relationship with Fog of War. In a sense, I agree with Phsy-Spark; it does add challenge and suspense to the mission, but it has caused me SO MUCH trouble when playing that I barely can see its fun sides most of the time. :D

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
If spoken to with Eirika, Rennac will demand 9980 gold.

I'm so poor, I'm almost tempted to sell my items that permanently raise stats. I haven't used a single one and so far I've fared well, so I wonder if I should exchange them for more gold.

I have a complicated relationship with Fog of War. In a sense, I agree with Phsy-Spark; it does add challenge and suspense to the mission, but it has caused me SO MUCH trouble when playing that I barely can see its fun sides most of the time. :D
Sweet,I can get him on my Wii U once I beat the chapter I'm on.

My Eirika has had three natural Strength grows by chapter 13.I had to give her Ewan's Energy Ring to make her deal more damage.She's at nine right now.At level 19.

R_N

Why wouldn't you just use L'Archael, though

It's free, she has more move. Just give her a light entourage and chase down Rennac

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
best character in sacred stones tbh. and i like valkyries so

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Joshua is the most overrated character in Sacred Stones character wise.

bobjr

Staff member
I don't see much about Seth. Character wise no one really oversells him, and unit wise he can solo the game almost even on a 0% growth run, so he really is good unit wise.

6-10 have all been completed with 0% runs. 4 I think is probably impossible.

Last edited:

R_N

I don't see much about Seth. Character wise no one really oversells him, and unit wise he can solo the game almost even on a 0% growth run, so he really is good unit wise.

6-10 have all been completed with 0% runs. 4 I think is probably impossible.

doesn't 4 have the craziest weapons in the series? Seems like that would give a lot of leeway

bobjr

Staff member
4 has crazy weapons, but about half of those crazy weapons belong to bosses with stats to back them up.

Zachmac

Seth is going to be banned from my army when I get around to my no-grinding, hard mode playthrough.

That guy's a monster.

Last edited:

Phsy-Spark

http://imgur.com/a/9bEWm

100 Fire Emblem characters got redesigns, though a good 15 of them or so are from the Awakening DLC art.

Ranulf and Lilina in particular are my favorites of the bunch. These are redesigns I can get down with.

http://i.imgur.com/srNI3Ma.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H67DN9Y.jpg

Seeing as it's 100, they are probably the 100 songs of Heroes cards. Because the Ninian and Arvis/Julius cards look familiar.

Eliwood, Lyon and Nino look so cute!

EDIT: In other FEish news, a new Tear Ring Saga game as had a trailer released. If you don't know what TRS is, it's a turn-based RPG based on FE, because one of the creators used to work on FE. So you find TRS stuff on Wiki's and Serenes.

Last edited: