• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Zachmac

Honestly, if Amie really is being removed, I don't think it has anything to do with being "sexual" as much as just weird - afterall, they could easy just take out anything suggestive any of the characters might say.

Besides, just look at Camilla's CG entrance. I mean, I guess they still have some time to censor it, but the fact that they'd show it off to help promote the game leads me to believe that they don't really have any plans to. It'd be extremely weird to take out amie for "sexual content" and leave that cutscene perfectly intact.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Honestly, if Amie really is being removed, I don't think it has anything to do with being "sexual" as much as just weird - afterall, they could easy just take out anything suggestive any of the characters might say.

Besides, just look at Camilla's CG entrance. I mean, I guess they still have some time to censor it, but the fact that they'd show it off to help promote the game leads me to believe that they don't really have any plans to. It'd be extremely weird to take out amie for "sexual content" and leave that cutscene perfectly intact.
There may be some truth to that, but I think it would do more with the implications of touching people's faces and the drawn ideas from it. Since we are talking about a Cero C ("T-15") game becoming a rated T game, they could easily have made the decision that some sexual elements are okay while others are not acceptable for localization. Look at Xenoblade Chronicles X, they still have "sexy" costumes, but they censored some that Lyn could were, as well as others like the fundoshi that were too sexual. Although you could argue that the fundoshi is a "lost in translation" deal.

TL;DR- I would say that while the FE-Amie might have been a "lost in translation" feature, it is still noteworthy that certain sexual elements are extracted while others stay with the game.

R_N

It could also be the ratings board invovled. One thing too far in any direction could affect. Camilla's....everything may be in the realm of T (and also, significantly harder to edit out) but the petting's everything could have tipped the scales

sort of reminds me how Ace Attorney 5 got the series' first M rating because of
Athena's past

even though what was actually shown & told was arguably not a significant step up than any other murder in the series.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
but the petting's everything could have tipped the scales
Unlikely unless Nintendo's games are rated to a different standard. Games like Neptunia have even more suggestive content like naked people with "light censor beams" and somehow still gets a T rating. Though if the userbase is taken into account I could see it being influenced a bit

Recon

Polygon's been doing a Fates livestream. No rubbing, but we do get to see the usage of the live2D models. Basically you just invite them to your room, they say a thing in live2D, then you get a bonus.

Last edited:

Recon

Face petting is out of the game, confirmed from Polygon's gameplay stream. Units now have conversations with each other with the Live 2D images, with the same benefits as skin shipping.

Edit: M!Corrin has an S Support with Sakura, while Azura has an A+ with M!Corrin.

Makes sense since Sakura isn't ACTUALLY your sibling while Azura is your cousin

Wait, actually that's not the case, he can still S-rank Azura

Last edited:

Recon

Also, stream confirms there's no dual audio. RIP Weebs.

Though it does make sense since a heavy emphasis has been put on Azura's singing. And whenever there's singing or even voice acting, there's licensing. And if one person is not okay with it, then the whole thing falls flat.

R_N

Also, stream confirms there's no dual audio. RIP Weebs.

Though it does make sense since a heavy emphasis has been put on Azura's singing. And whenever there's singing or even voice acting, there's licensing. And if one person is not okay with it, then the whole thing falls flat.

Cart size sounds like an issue too. Sounds like there's more voice over all, in addition to more cg.

least, that's what i've gleamed from it

Recon

Cart size sounds like an issue too. Sounds like there's more voice over all, in addition to more cg.

least, that's what i've gleamed from it

I wouldn't say that, the block size for the download version for the US was larger than the Japan one. So what was added, we don't know.

Good thing we have dataminers, right?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I heard the reason is dual audio, since Awakening was the same way.

Recon

It would the most likely reason, but during the Polygon stream, the streamer couldn't find the option to change the voice track to Japanese, so it probably can't be that.

Dual audio isn't much of a deal breaker for me anyway since I hardly used in Awakening, though.

Actually thinking about it, Japanese audio might still be in the game, it's just that the option to use it is not available.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
are there different language options for text? if not idk. guess we will find out when the game happens.

but i am quite happy about the skinship changes (as long as they get rid of the REALLY lewd lines but i cant imagine theyd keep them after the drama). we still get support boosts and the live 2d models but no creepy rubbing.

Recon

are there different language options for text? if not idk. guess we will find out when the game happens.

but i am quite happy about the skinship changes (as long as they get rid of the REALLY lewd lines but i cant imagine theyd keep them after the drama). we still get support boosts and the live 2d models but no creepy rubbing.

Well if they are, it can't be worse than one of Jakob's that was actually removed from the Japanese version

"In front of everyone else, I am only your butler.... But right here and now, I want to make a mess of you"

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I just pre-ordered the New 3DS XL Fates edition system and both Fates games. Will be ordering my Roy amiibo soon.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Well if they are, it can't be worse than one of Jakob's that was actually removed from the Japanese version

"In front of everyone else, I am only your butler.... But right here and now, I want to make a mess of you"

yeah.. for a lot of characters there were similar lines. i would be shocked if they kept the original dirty lines in. they'll probably just replace them with generic i love you so much etc etc type of stuff.