• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Vipsoccermaster

i am at chapter 24 in conquest now. even playing on casual this game is actually pretty challenging. i can't wait for the dlc to come out because i am a loser and want to be able to grind and get more money and stuff.

i really want to dive into revelation but i heard playing that beforehand spoils most of the story of birthright/conquest so i am waiting until i finish the other 2. hopefully birthright will be easy to rush through though...
Birthright should be a breeze to rush through. It's supposed to be the easier game of the three. It's just Conquest that is challenging. So you're in good shape.

Recon

i am at chapter 24 in conquest now. even playing on casual this game is actually pretty challenging. i can't wait for the dlc to come out because i am a loser and want to be able to grind and get more money and stuff.

i really want to dive into revelation but i heard playing that beforehand spoils most of the story of birthright/conquest so i am waiting until i finish the other 2. hopefully birthright will be easy to rush through though...

It kinda depends on how you approach it. If you're like me and you try to grind up units in main story battles, it's kinda tough sometimes. I'm doing Birthright hard classic and I'm starting to struggle around CH 15. Granted, my only promoted units are the staff-bots, and I promoted 1 of them at 11.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
yeah so i have heard. though sometimes i do get sidetracked with grinding etc. speaking of, i have a couple questions. does anyone know if you can continue with your file after beating the endgame? i really dont want to bother getting all the children this time, but if that file will be unplayable after finishing the endgame i guess i have to if i want all those supports..

second, can you buy skills for kana off either gender? i'm curious because there's several things that are only legal on one gender of kana and not the other..

edit: just finished conquest. the ending was... a bit unsatisfying tbh. they DEFINITELY want you to get all 3 paths because there is so much they really dont explain at all
[and i didnt see takumi being the final boss coming at all, i actually didnt get spoiled on that aspect, all i knew was garon wasnt really garon and azura dies (though they really do not explain that at all, i think birthright explains it better?).

which also really irritates me about the children... if azura marries she will have 2 children no matter what, and shigure/his sibling dont even say anything about her. poorly implemented and i hope the children go away in the next installment.]

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
For those of you who already started playing:

Are there any pre-promoted characters that get rather useless the deeper you get into the story, like Frederick was if you played on Normal Casual in Awakening ? I would like to know before starting to play, especially for Nohr since I can't grind.

Also, how is it so far in Nohr ? Can you easily use all of the characters or you have to forget some in order for your most important characters to get more experience ?

Does Azura really disappear for good after her death ? I suppose it's not like Robin where he would vanish at the end of the final chapter but still be playable afterwards ? :/

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Also, how is it so far in Nohr ? Can you easily use all of the characters or you have to forget some in order for your most important characters to get more experience ?

The units in Conquest have mostly been pretty decent for me so far. A couple of them I might forget later on but none of them are particularly bad imo since I managed to get most of my units to level 10 or at least near there.

[So I have a Heart Seal and a Master Seal I got from Chapter 10 and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on who to use them on. I went into Chapter 12 and not only lost half of my units but also failed to escape/defeat Ryoma. Mobility might help a bit so Effie (for better defense) or Silas could be good candidates perhaps?

On another related note, who knew maidens could be so annoying? They're a big reason why I couldn't get to Ryoma in time.]

Last edited:

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.

Are there any pre-promoted characters that get rather useless the deeper you get into the story, like Frederick was if you played on Normal Casual in Awakening ? I would like to know before starting to play, especially for Nohr since I can't grind.

Does Azura really disappear for good after her death ? I suppose it's not like Robin where he would vanish at the end of the final chapter but still be playable afterwards ? :/

The pre promotes in the game are much better than in Awakening. Xander and Camilla are among the best units in Conquest, and Leo is decent. Felicia/Jakob are also useful thanks to their skills benefitting Corrin and using staves. The pre promotes in Birthright are also solid. Gunter is a traditional Jagen though, he doesn't have much long term potential, but his Attack Stances with Corrin are useful early in. Also worth noting that Frederick doesn't fall off in Awakening Normal/Casual, he just gains EXP slower but will still be usable due Pair Ups, tonics, forges, etc.

It's best to raise only a few units at a time, like a group of around 10-14. Trying to use the full roster will leave you rather underleveled, especially since lategame gets tougher. Some units are good for mainly Pair Up/Guard Stance boosts, like Charlotte (for Xander mainly, but other physical units benefit from her). While you can get away with using who you like, you can't get away with distributing EXP to too many units either.

R_N

it's been a while since i've played awakening, but do supports feel really quiet now?

I thought awakening's had assorted voice clips like most other dialogs, seems odd they aren't used here

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
it's been a while since i've played awakening, but do supports feel really quiet now?

I thought awakening's had assorted voice clips like most other dialogs, seems odd they aren't used here

I noticed that too. It seems supports are the only place where voice clips aren't played (which is odd considering they now play when a character levels up).

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin

my opinion having finished...

jakob (which would be felicia if you played as a man) reeeeeally dropped off in terms of usefulness for me. the siblings apart from elise were all extremely good though. and if you did more-optimal pairings (i didnt, i usually go with whoever i think would have the most hilariously bad support the first time around) they'll probably be even better.

exp... i kind of had a bit of a hard time keeping up on some of the later chapters, and i was playing casual. and sometimes i still had some leftover slots that i just filled with filler staffbots even when including my main units + their spouses. i would definitely concentrate on the people who are doing the best and feed them most of the exp. don't go TOO overboard though bc i ended up spending most of my leftover cash on a few eternal seals for some of the siblings since they had already maxed and no one was good enough to "replace" them.

as for the last question...

[you can't save anymore after chapter 26. you will go through the battle with garon's true form, then takumi, then the credits, but if you play your file again you'll be starting out before fighting garon. so you will still have everyone alive. it isn't like awakening where there's actually differences for finishing the game, at least not yet.]

yeah i noticed that too but i kinda like it. it always bugged me in awakening when the clip they played didnt really match the words on screen lol

started up a birthright playthrough and oh man is it ever SO much easier already. also festals are great i wonder why no game before has had 2-range staves

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I've been trying wifi battles but my power level for my team is 861 so usually most people just surrender unless they're stronger than me.

My Ryoma's also pretty OP. He has Duelist's Blow, which gives him avoid +30 when he initiates a fight, and Life and Death, which adds 10 to damage dealt and taken. Add that to his good avoid and great strength, and he's my best unit.

Torpoleon

I got the Special Edition on launch and started with Birthright. Been playing so much of it! I'm on the last chapter, but am going to finish up the last few paralogues I have left. One thing really irks me though:
I didn't know you had to have A Rank Support with Kaze otherwise he dies for good, which means I miss out on his paralogue. Would have been nice if this only happened in Classic (I'm playing on Casual). Clearly IS doesn't care too much about people who want to unlock everything. Are there any scripted deaths like that in Conquest or Revelation (please no big spoilers though!)?

Other than that, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. I also really love this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OShvQvG_Obw&index=31&list=PL6akIKaXBeU2Grz-eLgC_o7ddAxfYfGQl

I wish Sakurai had put that song and the Roar version in Smash Bros.!

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I. Love. This. Soundtrack.

Woleb Tsap, Road Taken, A Dark Fall (Fire) dbsjkbdkvsdbj, End of All, the soundtrack has so much charm and character put into it. Definitely the best soundtrack the series has ever had.

Currently sitting at Chapter 12 in Conquest, Hard Mode. I believe I have restarted around 37 times so far.

Also used the Robin Amiibo and got Robin on the team. Fighting him turned out to be a lot more complicated than I expected from a four-person squad. Eh.

Funny how Robin's Thoron tome is actually E rank. Odin will enjoy that a lot nvm, he can't let go of Thoron. Rip.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I got the Special Edition on launch and started with Birthright. Been playing so much of it! I'm on the last chapter, but am going to finish up the last few paralogues I have left. One thing really irks me though:
I didn't know you had to have A Rank Support with Kaze otherwise he dies for good, which means I miss out on his paralogue. Would have been nice if this only happened in Classic (I'm playing on Casual). Clearly IS doesn't care too much about people who want to unlock everything. Are there any scripted deaths like that in Conquest or Revelation (please no big spoilers though!)?

Other than that, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. I also really love this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OShvQvG_Obw&index=31&list=PL6akIKaXBeU2Grz-eLgC_o7ddAxfYfGQl

I wish Sakurai had put that song and the Roar version in Smash Bros.!
[i think it happens in every mode. i am playing casual mode for birthright and i married off kaze to azura before that chapter, and the paralogues for midori and shigure did not unlock until afterwards because of the scripted thing. i knew about it because pretty much everywhere i have been said get kaze to A with corrin even if they didnt say why. it's pretty crappy how they did that too, since from what ive seen the game does not hint to it at all.

edit: just realized you said you knew it happened in casual whoops lol. but yeah. i agree it sucks. ]
putting this outside of spoiler tags since it's really an anti-spoiler if anything... that is the only PREVENTABLE story-related death that can happen. anything else will happen no matter what you do.
I. Love. This. Soundtrack.

Woleb Tsap, Road Taken, A Dark Fall (Fire) dbsjkbdkvsdbj, End of All, the soundtrack has so much charm and character put into it. Definitely the best soundtrack the series has ever had.

Currently sitting at Chapter 12 in Conquest, Hard Mode. I believe I have restarted around 37 times so far.

Also used the Robin Amiibo and got Robin on the team. Fighting him turned out to be a lot more complicated than I expected from a four-person squad. Eh.

Funny how Robin's Thoron tome is actually E rank. Odin will enjoy that a lot nvm, he can't let go of Thoron. Rip.

i actually forgot about the amiibo even though i have all 4. are they worth using?

Last edited:

BL00p

Has anyone tried the "mycastle" features yet? Besides the armory, I am not getting much use out of the other buildings. I feed the dragon, collect food and gems, and bet on matches in the arena. However, the whole experience feels hollow.

Thinking of getting into this series (trying to broaden the number of franchises that I play on my 3DS, already planning to play many Legend of Zelda games); where should I begin?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
There's both Fire Emblem 7 ('Fire Emblem') and FE8 (FE: Sacred Stones) which were for the GBA but are on the Wii U eShop for fairly cheap. Both would be fine first entries to the series imo. As for more current ones, there's Fire Emblem Awakening if you didn't want to start with Fates in a few months for it (given you're in the UK); both are 3DS titles. Good luck finding the GCN/Wii ones. :<

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Conquest is just unfair on Lunatic. Way too many difficulty spikes, even if you intent to play like previous FEs. It's like Awakening Lunatic bad, except worse without needlessly raising extra encounters to impossible levels.

I'm just going to wait for Boo Camp to release in two days and pray the difficulty there doesn't escalate. I want to enjoy this side but not with beefy roadblocks.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
What chapter are you on?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
My special edition finally shipped from Best Buy 20 minutes ago. I'm a bit mad that I still have to wait a few days