• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Blazios

Fargus was a fun Beserker, he had Dialouge that seemed to fit with his battle theme, even though you get a Game Over for attacking him(goodbye all that time spent in his level, only to foolishly challenge him), and he usually kills the unit attacking him if he lands a hit.

I always found it funnier to one shot him with someone.

Then again, I've lost my love for FE7 after finding out that the European version had content removed...

ArcanineShrine014029

The boss critical hitted one of my axemen. Is this normal? how do I prepare for something like that?
And those pirates keep coming out of NOWHERE! I swear, it's way more than a few turns that new ones come out. How do I deal with them?

Everything else is okay to deal with. I'm going to try using the lightbringer to take out the boss - it gets exactly 10 damage per hit, and forces the Beserker to use his hand axe.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I always found it funnier to one shot him with someone.

Then again, I've lost my love for FE7 after finding out that the European version had content removed...

D:
What?! Why does the European version get content removed? I'm replaying 7, but never attacked Fargus. I need to try it, just for fun.

Beserkers are scary, since they have a 30% crit boost in 6. Keep a Cavalier near the pirates, and as for axe users, Ward and Lot are decent. I didn't use him. I only ever used Bartre, to get Karla.

Blazios

D:
What?! Why does the European version get content removed? I'm replaying 7, but never attacked Fargus. I need to try it, just for fun.

They took out everything concerning Zephiel and the links to Fuuin no Tsurugi from the epilogue, including removing the related songs from the Sound Test, as well as mistranslating a lot of place names (Bern is called Biran, for example, even though it still says Bern on the map. The map's names are exactly the same as the American English even with all the incorrect names). There's also a line in the English translation that's in German, for some reason (coincidentally, it's at the beginning of Chapter 16x, the one with Fargus).

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
They took out everything concerning Zephiel and the links to Fuuin no Tsurugi from the epilogue, including removing the related songs from the Sound Test, as well as mistranslating a lot of place names (Bern is called Biran, for example, even though it still says Bern on the map. The map's names are exactly the same as the American English even with all the incorrect names). There's also a line in the English translation that's in German, for some reason (coincidentally, it's at the beginning of Chapter 16x, the one with Fargus).

That's odd. That's not even the least bit fair, but one line in German? Weird. I realized I'm on Chapter 17 in Hector's story. I'm right before Fargus. It is an odd coincidence that we talk about Fargus, right before I get there.

ArcanineShrine014029

A little insulting, almost, considering the area where FE6 and FE7 take place looks almost exactly like Europe...
Yeah, after I finish FE6 and FE8, I'm going to try to find FE7. Which, I'll want to beat the ones I have first before taking on that beast of a game three different story modes, if I'm correct?

Blazios

It's more that the story splits after 10 chapters (the first 10 chapters are pretty much a long, long tutorial). However, when I say split, the differences in story are minimal, it's just from the point of view of a different Lord (Eliwood or Hector, both from FE6, while the first 10 focus on the new Lord Lyn). However, you have to beat the game with Eliwood as the focus to unlock the Hector version, which has a few more chapters, a few more side chapters and a couple of characters more.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Can someone tell me the differences between FE6 and FE7? Like, are there any gameplay differences?

Also, does nobody like FE9 and FE10?

Well, not much. FE7 seems easier, but they're basically the same. However, Swordmasters and Beserkers get +15% crit in FE7, but +30% in FE6. The differences are minimal.

We haven't really dicussed FE9 and 10. Some of us haven't played it, but it just hasn't had much discussion yet.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Can someone tell me the differences between FE6 and FE7? Like, are there any gameplay differences?

Also, does nobody like FE9 and FE10?

I like FE9 and FE10.

I think it's some good games that introduced the "bonus-exp., no-arenas, no outside-of-enemy death risk" concept. That concept makes frail units like Mist easier to train...

You can. You just need a Thief with higher Speed.

...Or was it FE6 where you couldn't steal weapons, final?

I can give you a guess...

I think that, outside of the capture feature in FE5, which doesn't count as stealing, in the other 10 fire emblem titles, which include FE1DS and FE3DS(SD and NM, respectively), and all 8 FEs that predate PoR and RD(FE9 and FE10, respectively), you can't steal weapons but you can steal non-weapon items. Of course, that does not include capturing enemies in FE5, since you get the enemy holding the weapons as well, which is why it's not "true" stealing... Then again, since I don't live in Japan, where I would have easy access to that game, I don't know for sure if FEs 9 and 10 are to first to feature "true" weapon-stealing, hence the guess...

Last edited:

ArcanineShrine014029

I finally finished Chapter 9!! I'd like to thank Zealot, The Paladin - for the lightbringer sword, being an excellent long distance weapon against the boss. Pretty epic fight, too, I had my cavaliers constantly beating down pirates constantly during all this.
I picked the Rest staff from the house on the right, so we'll see how the B path goes.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I finally finished Chapter 9!! I'd like to thank Zealot, The Paladin - for the lightbringer sword, being an excellent long distance weapon against the boss. Pretty epic fight, too, I had my cavaliers constantly beating down pirates constantly during all this.
I picked the Rest staff from the house on the right, so we'll see how the B path goes.

I took the A path, while my brother took B. It seemed fair enough. If you want Gonzalez, he's starts at a lower level on A. I chose Geese as my axe user, so I wasn't copying my brother. It's hard to grasp that Geese is a pirate. He doesn't look like one. He sure is good, though, but Gonzalez is apparently better, thanks to hard mode bonuses.

ArcanineShrine014029

Here's to hoping Chapter 10 and the remaining chapters won't be as tricky to me as Chapter 4, 8, and 9 were. So Gonzalez is an axe user, right? Maybe he could replace Ward as my axe user. I'm finding trouble with the hit percentages with Ward's axes...they're never above 70%.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Here's to hoping Chapter 10 and the remaining chapters won't be as tricky to me as Chapter 4, 8, and 9 were. So Gonzalez is an axe user, right? Maybe he could replace Ward as my axe user. I'm finding trouble with the hit percentages with Ward's axes...they're never above 70%.

IMO, here's how the axe users in FE6 are normally placed from best to worst(according to popular choices):
Gonzalez, Geese, Lot, Ward, Garret.

l might be missing one, but I'm not counting Heroes or Paladins. They're not the most accurate, but that's axes for you. Chapter 16 is apparently tough, if you want to go to 16x. I'm only on 14, though.

ArcanineShrine014029

I figured. I was a little suspicious of the evade the pirates had in Chapter 9, as well as the evade I had against them. Both of my cavaliers could take out 5 pirates together in a turn, and not suffer damage.

And is it hard for the turn limits to be met for getting to some of the Gaiden chapters?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I figured. I was a little suspicious of the evade the pirates had in Chapter 9, as well as the evade I had against them. Both of my cavaliers could take out 5 pirates together in a turn, and not suffer damage.

And is it hard for the turn limits to be met for getting to some of the Gaiden chapters?

The turn limit isn't the hardest part IMO. It's getting done without anyone dying, since I'm a pefectionist like that. The limits are usually fair, some going into 25 turn limits. The conditions are similar to FE7, I think. Some tough, some easy.

ArcanineShrine014029

Alright. Yeah, chapter 10 has a lot to manage. You need to recruit Gonzales, Klein, Thite, and save 7 villages from destruction. I'm not worried about this part as much as I am the excessive amount of archers throughout the map.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Alright. Yeah, chapter 10 has a lot to manage. You need to recruit Gonzales, Klein, Thite, and save 7 villages from destruction. I'm not worried about this part as much as I am the excessive amount of archers throughout the map.

I feel that recruiting Klein and Tate are tougher to recruit in the other route, where they instead appear in chapter 11. I also got Echidna, who is a female Hero, which I previously thought was impossible. I got Oujay already though, and he's amazing. I just need a Hero's Crest. >.>

I believe you recruit Bartre in the other version of chapter 11.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
You're much better off not getting Bartre; he's not as good as he once was, and the Lalum route gets you a better Gonzales and Geese.