• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

ArcanineShrine014029

How am I supposed to recruit Klein without one of his archers killing off my characters?! I would hide from them and wait, but they always make a formation that puts Klein in the back of them - which would mean I'd have to get through his archers to recruit him. and I need his archers alive for an Orion's Bolt!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
What's the point of going the Elphin route then?

It gets you Elphin and Bartre instead of Lalum and... Geese? (I don't remember who the Lalum route exclusive character is). I don't think there's any other difference.

How am I supposed to recruit Klein without one of his archers killing off my characters?! I would hide from them and wait, but they always make a formation that puts Klein in the back of them - which would mean I'd have to get through his archers to recruit him. and I need his archers alive for an Orion's Bolt!

Move Clarine and Lalum as close to Klein as possible. I think you can figure it out from there.

ArcanineShrine014029

I think Klein's movement range is 6 spaces, and an attacking range of 7 spaces due to the fact he has a bow. So I'll position Clarine 8 spaces away...hopefully itll work out. None of my characters can take his 23X2 damage bow attacks. MAN, I need this guy on my team. And apparently you can use Thany to turn Tate and her troops into an "other" type force, making them green. I guess I'll sort of do the same thing for Thany. But those pegasus knights move everywhere and anywhere!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Don't use Klein. His damage is coming from his weapon, a Silver Bow. Without that, he's probably comparable to any of the Archers you already have, and the more you level up your Archers the more they'll be superior to Klein.

As for Klein and Tate's troops, after you recruit their leaders they will immediately start retreating off screen. If all of them escape (or if all of them at least survive), you'll get a prize at the end of the chapter.

chocoboy

In School
Cool there's a thread for this series:)

I'm wondering if there's anyone here who liked Nino enough to use the Mine Glitch on the lloyd/linus chapter so you could level her up. (FE7 i believe)

Or was I the only one who did that?

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Cool there's a thread for this series:)

I'm wondering if there's anyone here who liked Nino enough to use the Mine Glitch on the lloyd/linus chapter so you could level her up. (FE7 i believe)

Or was I the only one who did that?

Wasn't there an arena you could abuse right after you got her? Or am I thinking of some other easy way to level her, because I remember having her promoted already before the Lloyd/Linus chapter.

Last edited:

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Wasn't there an arena you could abuse right after you got her? Or am I thinking of some other easy way to level her, because I remember having her promoted already before the Lloyd/Linus chapter.

You were probably thinking of Chapter 26x(E)/28x(H), where you get Jaffar automatically and a chance for the only Fell Contract of the game, as well as a lot of enemies: perfect way to train Nino(as long as you guard her so that she doesn't easily die), but sadly, she comes too late in the game for proper arena abusing, as 23(E)/24(H) is the last Arena in which you have no turn limit that cuts off your abuse plan by the chapter ending to the turn limit, and since Nino first joins your party as a player-controlled unit if you talk to her during Ch. 26(E)/28(H), she's not abuse-able unless guarded, yet due to the game's length from there, unless you want to draw exp. away from your strongest units(that did not miss the infinite Arena party), units which need it if they didn't reach level 20 promoted yet(a scenario usually present in S-Rank tactician runs), in order to be able to defeat the game's main antagonist at the end, meaning if you did so well not to kill any one of the units you want to use through level 20 promoted, and all your main units can't gain experience anyway, then I could see reason to use Nino, but other than that, I believe that training Nino can hurt your Tactics(Turns taken compared to the game's internal expected number of such) rank, meaning that if you want an S-rank for the Tactician, she is not worth absorbing needed experience and wasting turns in the hopes that she would help the team without consequences to it...

Last edited:

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Here's somthing nifty, I just saw video of the Beta Eirika from FE8, and suffice to say, the game should've used it up to the Frelian Castle, then have an event with King Old Guy giving her better armour, and her mentioning her swordsplay improving.

(mabye a trainee-like class 'Lordling to lv 5->Lord->Great Lord')

would definately help her keep up with Ephriam. (Who is personally my favorite Lord)

ArcanineShrine014029

Ephraim's weapon he uses when you first recruit him is AMAZING. Enough said!

And as for the chapter 10B advice, thanks! I think I'll just close in on Klein with Roy. Would the Dragonshield you also obtain in this chapter help for taking those hits?
Or are stat-increasing items sub-par?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Reigenleif or somthing like that, He's also iirc the 1st Lance Lord in the GBA games, which is nice, and the fact he kicks but. I kinda wish his Great Lord form wasn't mounted.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Stat increasing items are always great, but if you use them prepare to have your Funds ranking drop.

chocoboy

In School
Reigenleif or somthing like that, He's also iirc the 1st Lance Lord in the GBA games, which is nice, and the fact he kicks but. I kinda wish his Great Lord form wasn't mounted.

technically eliwood could use lances but he needed to upgrade...
but yeah ephraim did own:)

ArcanineShrine014029

I FINALLY got Chapter 10B finished! Oh, it took a while, but I did! I wasn't able to obtain the promotional items, but other than that, I did everything I needed to. Now, to take a break until I start chapter 11B...
On Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals.

ArcanineShrine014029

Wow, Chapter 11B is pretty simple. Elphin. is SO useful for helping my other characters (like Lilina, and I do prefer her over Lugh) get exerience.
The ballisteas can ruin my weaker characters in one turn... esecially Clarine and Elphin. Which, by the way, I'm finding Saul to be a much better healer than clarine, save for that his movement range is much smaller.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
That's how it usually works. Troubadours have increased movement but lower Magic (which is what determines how much a unit is healed), and Clerics/Monks have higher Magic but decreased movement.

It's the same with Archers and Nomads.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
All this FE talk has me itching to replay FE8.

some questions before I start.

Should I keep Moulder, or Natasha. I'd assume Natasha as her supports with Joshua are useful with Joshua being such a useful guy.

Should I take Eirika or Ephriam's route? IIRC there is no charecter differences on who you recruit (and the ones you would miss come in with the Lord at ch 22).

All this FE talk has me itching to replay FE8.

some questions before I start.

Should I keep Moulder, or Natasha. I'd assume Natasha as her supports with Joshua are useful with Joshua being such a useful guy.

Should I take Eirika or Ephriam's route? IIRC there is no charecter differences on who you recruit (and the ones you would miss come in with the Lord at ch 22).

Whichever you like the most, it's not as if FE8 was hard enough to need supports.

I like Ephraim's route better, but in my opinion Eirika's is slightly harder.