• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Nope. Believe it or not, the game is still just babying you. The chapter immediately after the Western Isles is the game's wake-up call.

Oh gosh... I should really stop complaining then. XD So Chapter 12 is really hard, too?

yes it will start to make or break you then. Intelligent systems has a habit of doing that in their games, starting easy then BAM in your face hard

P.S maybe this could be edited into a Intelligent Systems thread

ArcanineShrine014029

(thinks about experience from Paper Mario) ...that is true.

And I think I'll pass on the Intelligent systems thread idea. I have a bad feeling this thread would be overrun with Paper Mario discussions. XD

(thinks about experience from Paper Mario) ...that is true.

And I think I'll pass on the Intelligent systems thread idea. I have a bad feeling this thread would be overrun with Paper Mario discussions. XD

They make paper mario o_O jeez i've been in the dark, i was thinking more like Advance Wars but meh, Keep it fire emblem

Don't feel bad, I know NOTHING of Advance Wars. XD
Who here can see another game like Shadow Dragon happening? with Shadow Dragon's graphical style.

quite possible as shadow dragons had so many remakes that a fire emblem remake could be in the works

And advance wars is a must play, a truly exceptional strategy game that uses the same grid system as fire emblem, just without recruit-able followers
(recommend Days of ruin as a first one seeing how broken the last installment was)

Blazios

quite possible as shadow dragons had so many remakes that a fire emblem remake could be in the works

They've already remade FE3 recently, unfortunately it's the first Fire Emblem game since 6 that's not getting a western release. Understandable, given how horribly Shadow Dragon sold over here. Then again, it was arguably the worst FE released in these areas.

ArcanineShrine014029

Let's hope the Paper Mario for 3DS gives Intelligent Systems enough cash to make a new, amazing Fire Emblem game. On my wishlist would be a compilation of FE6 and FE7 for the 3DS.

Who here seconds the idea?

Just want them to release all their games and advertise them well instead of doing the sega trick all the time

Never advertising the great classics and just spamming ads for what popular+ not releasing games that people care about and have a dedicated fan base for (like many fe games for I.S). Although they do release paper Mario properly though

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Honestly, as far as remakes go Shadow Dragon was pretty faithful. It's just that the original game wasn't the best.

If you really don't care for characters and just want a nice challenge, it's probably one of the better Fire Emblems. Likewise with New Mystery.

Blazios

Honestly, as far as remakes go Shadow Dragon was pretty faithful. It's just that the original game wasn't the best.

I'm sure the original was a good game... 20 years ago. However, Shadow Dragon didn't particularly improve on the newer games, even if it's vastly better than the NES version. I'm sure plenty of people saw it as a step backwards from Radiant Dawn, which shows in the sales.

It's a shame, because I'm sure I would have liked Shin Monshou a lot more than I liked Shadow Dragon...

I'm sure the original was a good game... 20 years ago. However, Shadow Dragon didn't particularly improve on the newer games, even if it's vastly better than the NES version. I'm sure plenty of people saw it as a step backwards from Radiant Dawn, which shows in the sales.

It's a shame, because I'm sure I would have liked Shin Monshou a lot more than I liked Shadow Dragon...

True dat, game play was sent back to earlier levels of mechanics

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
No it wasn't. Shadow Dragon is pretty barebones compared to Radiant Dawn, yes, but they certainly didn't go back to mechanics of FE1. Otherwise there'd be no forging, no class changing, no support bonuses, no ability to see total enemy movement, no preparation menu, no gaiden chapters, no replacement characters, no storage shop, and Marth would be stuck at level 20

EDIT: Oh yeah, and there'd be no Weapon Triangle.

Last edited:

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
We did get no rescues, no shoving and no supports though.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I kinda didn't like the gameplay of SD, I think I was just babied on the GBA games, SD would've been awsome if it had played like the GBA games imo.

And the graphics kinda sucked in battle.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
We did get no rescues, no shoving and no supports though.

Rescue and Shove weren't in FE1, though I admit it's kind of odd how FE11 pretty much cherry picked the new game mechanics they wanted to keep. As for Supports, they actually were there, though they were significantly nerfed.

And the graphics? They were okay in my opinion, though they could have used a bit more variety. I understand they had to work with the class change system though.

Last edited:

ArcanineShrine014029

Shadow Dragon's graphical style is what kinda irks me. Oh well. They should probably make a new game to grab back some new-found interest to Fire Emblem. It would have to be with totally new characters, or a follow-up/prequel to Sacred Stones, since that's the only game not to have a prequel or sequel in the series, right?

And I finally finished Chapter 11 on Sword of Seals. I lured Morgan into using his Javelin on Barth (he took both hits like champ), then taking advantage of the weapon triangle to execute a more likely critical when Barte used the Killer Axe Thankfully, those reinforcements stopped! And Lilina is on Lv.8, and I want her on a higher level to promote her as a sage ASAP.

And I'll be promoting Dieck into a Hero when he gets to Level 16.