• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
You can just use a Hero Crest to promote your Myrmidon.

As for who is the best Hero, the answer has always been Dieck for me. IIRC, he's got higher Constitution, so he can actually pull off using Axes.

ArcanineShrine014029

Thank goodness, thatll save me having to
pay 10,000 gold in chapter 16s secret shop.
I took FULL advantage of that shop in chapter 13. killer lances and killing edges for everyone! Ive still got 18,000 gold left, too.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I never understood what a high Constitution means, could you explain it?

See that Con stat? If it's high, that's a good thing. In the GBA Fire Emblem games, your unit's Constitution governs what weapons they can safely use. Every weapon has a weight, and if that weight is greater than your Constitution, the difference is subtracted from your speed. Mounted units can get around this somewhat, but they still need to watch out.

A general rule of thumb: Slim weapons are worthless, Iron weapons are awesome, Steel weapons are decent, Killer weapons are amazing if you're willing to ration its uses, Silver weapons are completely pointless (too strong for normal enemies, usually a liability against bosses), and the special weapons are great but usually too expensive.

Also, if a unit has higher Consitution than another, the latter can be rescued by the former. The "savior" unit gets his speed halved while he's carrying someone though.

ArcanineShrine014029

Hey, Klein's killer bow saved my skin on numerous occasions. With it's great critical hit rate and all. Silver weapons are boss killers though, I agree.

As for anima magic, Fire falls under the same as the iron weapons? With Lilina, it's getting to be 100% accuracy with 18 damage on enemies. Doubling on knights, too!

sceptile33

See that Con stat? If it's high, that's a good thing. In the GBA Fire Emblem games, your unit's Constitution governs what weapons they can safely use. Every weapon has a weight, and if that weight is greater than your Constitution, the difference is subtracted from your speed. Mounted units can get around this somewhat, but they still need to watch out.

A general rule of thumb: Slim weapons are worthless, Iron weapons are awesome, Steel weapons are decent, Killer weapons are amazing if you're willing to ration its uses, Silver weapons are completely pointless (too strong for normal enemies, usually a liability against bosses), and the special weapons are great but usually too expensive.

Also, if a unit has higher Consitution than another, the latter can be rescued by the former. The "savior" unit gets his speed halved while he's carrying someone though.

Ah, I see. So units with low constitution will have a harder time doubling? That sucks for them.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
No, it just means that low Con units can't double with heavy equipment. Since you should never be using those anyways, that doesn't matter.

ArcanineShrine014029

Speaking of units with a high constitution, Dieck is AMAZING when he promotes and can use axes. He has the best hit percentage out of anything with the hand axe, dealing 24X2 damage. Especially helping with Chapter 14's dragons... those darn things wont stop coming out of nowhere.

What do you guys think of Milady? I'm finding her to be SO good in dealing with those mercenaries.

ArcanineShrine014029

And I might be getting Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword sometime soon! well, at least sometime in the future. I want to finish Sword of Seals first.

Question: do you all consider Knights worth the effort of leveling up in order to promote into Generals?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I personally think they're useless, but Wendy has a legion of fans crying out her virtues, so who knows.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Since I figured out how to clean game discs with nothing but a dry bar of soap, I'm back to playing Path of Radiance over and over.

One of the cool things about FE is that replayability comes from mixing and matching different characters on your squad and choosing which ones to use in the long run. I've started a new file in PoR, and I'm going to try and use Oscar, Titania, Ilyana, and Tormod, since I neglected them the past times I've played the game, and I'm going to attempt to use one of the Laguz for the majority of the game. Right now, Mordecai is looking to be my choice Laguz, but I want to use Lethe more so I can get a B support with her and Jill so I can get bonus dialogue once General Shihiram's chapter comes along. I also want to try to use Muarim or Janaff a bit too.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Gilliam was my favorite unit.

Also the ways Generals Attack with the Chains pulling the weapon back, how does the Medival FE world pull that off.

Also notice, Paladins lost their Weapon Triangle Mastery to Great Knights and Generals, because Speed usually outclasses Defense. (Especially when you are weak to Armour Slaying weapons).

ArcanineShrine014029

I liked Gilliam a lot too. I actually got him to perform
double hits starting at about chapter 9. Which is obscene for any Knight.

Sacred Stones seems like the most popular GBA Fire
Emblem. I would know: whenever i try to call gamestop stores looking for Blazing Sword, it always goes like this:
"Do you have Fire Emblem? For the Game Boy Advance?"
"Um... we have sacred stones?"

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Actually, if all you can find is Sacred Stones, that means the game hasn't been selling/is constantly getting returned.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
FE 8 was good, 7 had awsome replay value, and 6 had crappy RNG.

If they were to use the 7 base with the Split-Promotions, Monsters, and Abilities from 8, an epic game would be made.

Although the only great abilities are Great Shield and Pierce, as Snipers already have excellent accuracy to begin with, and Bishops should be OHKOing Monsters anyways.

Blazios

I found the Bishop's ability to be useful on Cyclopses and Draco Zombies, at least. I agree with the Sniper one, though. FE9's was only a bit better, too. Has anyone had a singe use for Sleep from a Sniper's attack?

Have to say, though, I loved the Marksman's range boost in FE10.

Also, what about Silencer? That was awesome.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Silencer is also the most unreliable thing ever.

As for Sure Shot, it's mostly for enemy Snipers.