• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

ArcanineShrine014029

The silence ailment? Gosh, I love how the AI has the nerve to try it on Cecilia when it's an 11% hit rate. Do you all say Clarine is better than Cecilia once she promotes?

Has anyone had a singe use for Sleep from a Sniper's attack?

I used up my sleep staff in the forsaken desert of chapter 14. But it is VERY useful, it immobilized a few heroes, which really helps.

sceptile33

So I have been playing lots of Fire Emblem games lately, and was wondering, which game do you think is the best one?

Between 6, 9, and 10, I have trouble deciding which is the best. It's definitely not 11 though.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Probably 7. 6 is pretty barebones, and 8's just meh. 1-5 and 9-10 are pretty good, but I just don't really like console FEs as a principle.

FE11 is... FE11. Not a bad game, but not really a good modern Fire Emblem game.

ArcanineShrine014029

Speaking of Blazing Sword...I think I may be ordering it today. Maybe shipping it from a store in another state to where I live.
I look forward to the replay value, awesome characters, story, and music. and being a FAIR challenge.

Blazios

Speaking of Blazing Sword...I think I may be ordering it today. Maybe shipping it from a store in another state to where I live.
I look forward to the replay value, awesome characters, story, and music. and being a FAIR challenge.

I really wish I could find somewhere that will ship a US copy of FE7 to England, I don't trust people on eBay to send me a real copy. I really want to see the full ending and the not stupid translation, both are things the European version doesn't have...

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Man, the full ending isn't much. It's like, three screens and some vague text foreshadowing FE6.

And censored dialogue? What?

ArcanineShrine014029

I did hear about the UK version leaving out some of the plot, or something similar.

If I may ask, does the UK version's cartridge have the three Lords on it? I've seen two cartridge covers, one with the logo, and one with the three Lords. I'm wondering because my friend from up north in the US has a cartridge with the three Lords on it.

Blazios

Man, the full ending isn't much. It's like, three screens and some vague text foreshadowing FE6.

Still, its removal annoys me.

And censored dialogue? What?

It's not censored, it's wrong. They mistranslated place names despite the fact that, you know, the names are given on the world map. For example, it calls Bern Biran even while it's showing the name Bern. That, and the dialogue becomes German for one line for some reason.

And yes, the box art is the one with the three Lords.

ArcanineShrine014029

I don't know how they got Biran, when the romaji spelling for Bern is Berun. *shakes head*
And yes, the box art is the one with the three Lords
Cool. Whilst I wait for my copy of FE7 to come in the mail, I'm finishing Sword of Seals; I have 6 chapters left, a couple of those looking VERY hard to beat. I hope my Surplus of 18 characters can handle Chapter 21.

chocoboy

In School
Does anyone know if it's true that the less you wager in the arena, the easier the fight will be?

ArcanineShrine014029

I often find the arena too risky. Let's face it, I don't need my Warrior to go up against a swordmaster or myrmidon with a 30%+ critical hit rate.

Speaking of, how do you all compare Swordmasters to Assassins in Fire Emblem 7 and 8?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Assassins are terrible in every way possible and never should be used.

Swordmasters all the way.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Heck, my Rouges usually end up Outclassing my Assasins in FE8.

Rouge was an awsome class, impossible to hit, and theiving, AND auto-lockpick.

chocoboy

In School
I often find the arena too risky. Let's face it, I don't need my Warrior to go up against a swordmaster or myrmidon with a 30%+ critical hit rate.

Speaking of, how do you all compare Swordmasters to Assassins in Fire Emblem 7 and 8?

Use Ninis's grace and do the arena/rescue/drop/dance thing. Rinse and repeat. It's almost guaranteed you won't die.

ArcanineShrine014029

So you're saying the Rogues are like Thieves on steroids. Sounds viable enough for any of my small armies.

What about the silencer? I've seen it defy every possible branch of mathematics, OHKO'ing nergal for instance when it was only supposed to deal 1 damage? Or did someone hack their game...

Chocoboy, thanks for the tip!