• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
The Tactition class was an Awsome way to include you in the story-line too.

(if you are a Guy, or some reason, I think you Marry Lyn, she seems to really care for you).

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Nope. The Tactician vanishes after FE7, and to be honest he probably never existed at all (it's possible to play without a Tactician just by starting from Eliwood/Hector's Tale) considering Hector's death at the beginning of FE6.

Psychout

FE7 was the first game released in the west and they wanted a reason for more people to buy it and feel integrated.

If you all get enough people you might want to think about doing a draft of the game. Though I'm curious if anyone has played FE4.

ArcanineShrine014029

I'm not sure what you mean by a draft of the game...

I just love the fact that the 4th wall is constantly being broken, all so they can talk to me. Hahaha....

and I want to play FE4, I'll do it when I finish the GBA games. I finished sword of seals recently, now onto FE7. Then Sacred Stones!

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Sacred Stone Hint-

Gilliam is an Amazing Unit ingame as a General.

Especially since Generals Own the Weapon Triangle, their sword animation is pretty rad.

Also Amelia is one of the Best Calvary Units you will get.

Actually, all the Trainees rock.

Psychout

It's when you draft from a list of all the units in the game and only play with those. Typically it's for 4-5 players and the winner is who has the lowest turncount at the end. :/

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

ArcanineShrine014029

Psychout: that actually sounds pretty fun! Like only using the characters you'll actually bother levelling up? (like in FE6, would it be like not using Marcus, Zealot, Toreck, or Lance, and only using Alan as your Cavalier/Paladin?)

Psychout

Um, no.

You'd have a list of every unit in the game, and pick from there. So like Player 1 would pick say, Bartre and Serra, Player 2 has Oswin and Rebbecca, Player 3 has Matthew and Lowen, etc, etc.

Then if they use someone other than those people, they take a 4 turn penalty. Whoever has the fewest turns at the end of the game wins.

I can host one if you want to try it, but you'd need 5 people for the GBA games, though I'd kinda prefer to do FE4. Except not many people play that so it might be harder for people not experienced. You only need 4 people for that draft though.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
You are so wrong it hurts.

Ross as a Beserker in SS is pretty much superpowered, what with 10 extra levels, you will max out in STR easily.

Amelia as a Paladin/General can wall entire armies, and as a General she will double strike alot.

Ewan Is an amazing Sage/Mage Knight though he does get outclassed it seems.

sceptile33

Psychout: that actually sounds pretty fun! Like only using the characters you'll actually bother levelling up? (like in FE6, would it be like not using Marcus, Zealot, Toreck, or Lance, and only using Alan as your Cavalier/Paladin?)

A draft play is when you compete against other FE players to complete the game in the lowest amount of turns possible, with the twist that the characters are chosen by turns, or "drafted" for use just like in sports. For example, let's say four guys are playing in a draft. Eric, Bob, Jim, Michael. They draft in that order.

Eric picks Alan, then Bob picks Lance, then Jim picks Clarine, then Michael picks Dieck, and then Eric gets to pick again, and it continues until all the characters are picked. So it could end up like this:

Eric: Alan, Lugh, Saul, Dorothy, Chad, Ray, Wendy, Zeiss, Dayan, Karel, Cath, Juno.

Bob: Lance, Thany, Miledy, Ellen, Echidna, Klein, Niime, Zealot, Wolt, Douglas, Hugh, Yodel.

Jim: Clarine, Rutger, Tate, Sue, Lilina, Treck, Lot, Noah, Igrene, Geese, Bors, Ward.

Michael: Dieck, Shin, Fir, Percival, Cecilia, Oujay, Gonzales, Sophia, Astol, Bartre, Garret, Barth.

You can only use the characters which you picked, along with Roy, Marcus, Merlinus, Lalum, Elphin, and Fa, who are available to everyone.

The person who manages to beat the game in the lowest number of turns with his allowed characters wins.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Ross as a Beserker in SS is pretty much superpowered, what with 10 extra levels, you will max out in STR easily.

Except almost every other unit in the game is just as overpowered, and they aren't hilariously fragile. besides, those extra nine levels aren't worth much because of Ross' poor base stats and rather lackluster growths.

Amelia as a Paladin/General can wall entire armies, and as a General she will double strike alot.

The game gives you a decent Paladin and three great Cavaliers very early on. It also gives you an amazing Knight on chapter one. If you want to use Amelia, you can do it, but like Ross you get much better units who don't require a ton of effort to get to a point where they don't die in one hit. Besides, even if you promote Amelia the entire way, Gilliam/Franz will probably still be better than her.

Ewan Is an amazing Sage/Mage Knight though he does get outclassed it seems.

Ewan is so terrible it's not even funny. As a Sage, he's way outmatched by Lute. As a Mage Knight, he's way outmatched by L'Arachel. As a Summoner, Knoll beats him. And as a Druid... he actually comes out on top, but considering the competition is terrible, and that dark magic isn't very good in FE8, that's not saying much.

EDIT: I'm not saying the trainees are terrible characters. I've played FE6, I know what a terrible character is. It's just that almost every character in FE8 is amazing, so the scale for good and terrible really gets messed up. As far as FE8 characters go, the trainees are near the bottom for their crappy growths, terrible bases, requirement of babying, and being outmatched by many other characters.

Last edited:

Prelude

Prelude
jesus christ how have i not seen this thread yet i used to be the biggest ****ing fe fan ever holy **** did any of you ever visit fess/fef/feplanet this is awesome

I love how there's always a debate going on too. Nostalgia.

Ross is good. Not worth it in Hard Mode, but that is the only case.

I actually think General Amelia would be better than the other options because of that extra speed. But Amelia as a Paladin is pointless.

Ewan sucks. But since it's FE8, it doesn't matter.

(if you are a Guy, or some reason, I think you Marry Lyn, she seems to really care for you).
Just because a girl cares about you doesn't mean she is going to marry you ಠ_ಠ

ArcanineShrine014029

I've played FE6, I know what a terrible character is.
You made my day with that vital truth.

But, making every character good in FE8 really does make it more valuable to play again - if they're all good, then you have different characters to use when you beat the game a second time; to see their different supports, try them out with different promotions, etc.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Not really. After FE8 ends, you start a new mode where you travel around the world map killing monsters. There's really no reason to ever start more than one FE8 save file aside from challenge runs.

Psychout

Not really. After FE8 ends, you start a new mode where you travel around the world map killing monsters. There's really no reason to ever start more than one FE8 save file aside from challenge runs.

You have to beat both Eirika and Ephraim's routes to unlock super trainees, so if you want 100% then there's that and supports.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Super Trainees are completely pointless, and there's a well known glitch with the Tower of Valni that lets you 100% complete Supports on only one file.

Psychout

The only one of the Super Trainees that may have some worth is Amelia, since she gets some critical from it while Ross's is being weighed down by everything save for a paper bag.

Ewan can just go Sage and use the Dark magic glitch.

Has anyone else played the SNES FE's? Or Gaiden?