• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

chocoboy

In School
^I remember hearing somewhere that Rebecca and Dart are really good paired together. You might want to try that.

Unless you're doing Hard mode. Then Dart kinda sucks.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The only axe that have more hit than Iron(65) is Armads(75), whiich is nothing like a Slim weapon.

Urvan (110 hit) would like to speak with you.

Anyways, Dart's great on Hard mode. He's just terrible on Ranked Hard mode.

ArcanineShrine014029

While axes are the current topic, I'm finding the Wolf Beil to be VERY impressive. Only everything that wears armor is weak to it; so cavaliers, knights? GONE. Eliwood's actually pretty good when he doubles with the rapier, I might add.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I just wanted to say that I loved Canas from FE7. Not only was he powerful, but he had a likeable disposition, and he also was very intelligent. Plus, you have to dig the monocle.

I am planning on starting Fire Emblem Path of Radiance on Normal mode. I heard Easy mode causes a crash if you try to connect Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn.

One thing I found intriguing is the NA bonus items coming from St. Elimine. It intrigues me to see that North America actually had a rather clever way of getting those items.

Okay, continue.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I noticed, the GBA games like to give you very little options with Dark Magic users.

I know 7 and 8 only have 2 available, IDK about 6, I'm only on Ch 10.

ArcanineShrine014029

I think FE6 only has a couple of dark magic users too. O_O
Oh yeah, which one was better, Sofia or Ray? I used Ray (too bad I was never able to promote him, forgot to get the guiding rings from both chapter 21 AND chapter 23.)
and Nosferatu really proved to be a favorable spell, being the only thing I had that actually DRAINED HP.

And I just recruited Canas in FE7; nothing really bad about him.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
About Sophia vs Ray, I always went with Sophia. She is a pain to raise but turns out good. (and I like her animation more)

Although ray gets just as good as Sophia, and he's a lot easier to use.
Use ray unless you really like the female Shaman/Druid animatons.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Is this your first time playing Path of Radiance?

If so, here's a tip. All horseback units (except maybe Geoffrey) are great. You should definitely use them.
If you were asking me, I'm glad you ask. It is my first playthrough, but I am going to do it in Normal Mode for now on because of the stupid Easy Mode glitch. Stupid glitch of stupid, I got to Chapter 10 on Easy.

Edit: Yeah, I just didn't get around to the game for a while.

sceptile33

Yeah, I was referring to you, Psychic Politoed.

And to clarify on the glitch, it won't do any permanent damage to either of your games, you would just be unable to transfer any save files from Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn until the Easy Mode file was deleted.

To be honest though, I find Easy Mode to be painfully boring. It's not a challenge, really, especially if you've played other Fire Emblem games.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yeah, I was referring to you, Psychic Politoed.

And to clarify on the glitch, it won't do any permanent damage to either of your games, you would just be unable to transfer any save files from Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn until the Easy Mode file was deleted.

To be honest though, I find Easy Mode to be painfully boring. It's not a challenge, really, especially if you've played other Fire Emblem games.
I was only picking Easy for the post-game treats. I am now playing Normal and I have been relatively breezing through the first few levels. I'm on the first defend your fortress (Chapter 6, I believe). I am allowing my weaker units to pick up experience from enemies, especially bosses. For example, on my last chapter with the Knight boss, I used weaker weapons that won't kill the boss, so that I can finish them off with characters that need experience.

Anyway, I was wondering, is there a way to check your difficulty rank? I know it a somewhat dumb question, but I want to make absolute sure that I'm on Normal.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I was only picking Easy for the post-game treats. I am now playing Normal and I have been relatively breezing through the first few levels. I'm on the first defend your fortress (Chapter 6, I believe). I am allowing my weaker units to pick up experience from enemies, especially bosses. For example, on my last chapter with the Knight boss, I used weaker weapons that won't kill the boss, so that I can finish them off with characters that need experience.

Anyway, I was wondering, is there a way to check your difficulty rank? I know it a somewhat dumb question, but I want to make absolute sure that I'm on Normal.

PoR

Blue= Hard
Green = Normal
Red= Easy

RD:
Color side from PoR moves down by one level to make the RD difficulty decoder colors:
Red=Hard
Blue=Normal
Green=Easy

^ Answered your question?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Check out FE8-11.

And to answer a question asked earlier (who is better, Ray or Sophia), it's Ray. Hands down, no questions asked. Sophia comes at level 1 with stats so low she can't do anything and a Con so low she can't even hold her book. Ray's got some issues too, but his base stats aren't crap and he can support with his brother.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'm finding out that unlocking support conversations in PoR is getting increasingly frustrating. I've just now got Ike and Reyson to C support, and Reyson's been on the battlefield for 6 chapters already, ever since I got him recruited. I'm shocked it took so long, since how PoR has support laid out, the best way to go is to have Reyson serve as a meat shield for a turn, then have Ike cover him and deliver the killing blow afterward. I'm worried I won't get A support by Endgame.

Same goes for Lethe and Jill. They've been stuck on B support since like chapter 15, and I'm well beyond General Shiharam's chapter.

Sure, Support Conversations seem so miniscule towards the gameplay, but it's the little things like that that make me like this game, as well as convoluted things in Radiant Dawn. I'm probably one of the few around that actually spent time getting, and got Reyson to level 40 in Radiant Dawn through use of Tarot Cards and Bonus exp. so I can have his ultimate Galdr by Endgame XD

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I'm finding out that unlocking support conversations in PoR is getting increasingly frustrating. I've just now got Ike and Reyson to C support, and Reyson's been on the battlefield for 6 chapters already, ever since I got him recruited. I'm shocked it took so long, since how PoR has support laid out, the best way to go is to have Reyson serve as a meat shield for a turn, then have Ike cover him and deliver the killing blow afterward. I'm worried I won't get A support by Endgame.

Same goes for Lethe and Jill. They've been stuck on B support since like chapter 15, and I'm well beyond General Shiharam's chapter.

Sure, Support Conversations seem so miniscule towards the gameplay, but it's the little things like that that make me like this game, as well as convoluted things in Radiant Dawn. I'm probably one of the few around that actually spent time getting, and got Reyson to level 40 in Radiant Dawn through use of Tarot Cards and Bonus exp. so I can have his ultimate Galdr by Endgame XD

Well, if you want A-Rank support between Reyson and Ike, you can't miss a chapter of Reyson action, or else, assuming you don't start a new save file, you won't have a chance to get it before Endgame cuts the return to base short after you beat it, even if Reyson has been out for 10 chapters before Endgame base preparations started for your copy... As for Lethe and Jill, you might have missed the A-Rank boat for that support possibility, depending on how many chapters you sent them out for after their support reached B-rank...

...Here's the proof.

^ I find support in PoR frustrating as well, or at least without a support table like the one above... :(

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I just now got Lethe and Jill to A support, so that's one hurdle overcome. I knew that some Support stats and conversations can only be accessed by going through some of the chapters and the canon of the story (Lethe and Jill as the coincidental-or-not example), but I didn't know it could be organized by the number of chapters together like the other games as the chart has it. I don't think I've kept Reyson in at base camp in any chapter....except maybe for the one in Talrega. Dammit.

The chart will help me out a lot in future playthroughs though, so thanks. I've made an effort to keep away from reading conversations online except once a while back, so I can be further moved by the support dialogue. I found Tauroneo's and Rolf's, and Tauroneo's and Largo's conversations particularly heartwarming when I unlocked them in my first playthrough. Me and my college dorm mate even made a parody of sorts when we saw Tauroneo's and Largo's dialogue XD

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Whose your favorite Manakete/Mamakute?

I prefer Myrth myself, as she's like the only one that becomes a normal dragon, though Fir is awfully cute, being a giant fuzzy dragon.