• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Ohhh, that's Thracia. Where every status effect stave has infinite range (****ing ridiculous). Luckly the staves have three uses. But restore staves are kinda hard to get. Yeah, Thracia is pretty ridiculous. Thacia overall was just plain nintendo hard. I agree about that one being cheap. Just wait until you see the long range magic that gives the sleep effect -_-

IIRC, in 4 staves have a limited range and status effects wear off. Although 4 is kinda easy.

Psychout

Thracia isn't hard unless you're trying to do it ranked. The movement stars and PCC make people like Asvel and Mareeta great boss killers.

Cyas though, don't get started on his chapters.

For those of you who do play FE4, what pairings do you like to do?

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I really hate to admit it, but I think the castigating opinions do have some truth to them.

From what I am getting, just looking at statements about the games content, the characters are mostly forgettable, the story is bland, and the "fight hard and die" type of fighting game doesn't quite compare to a game that focuses on survival and plot development.

If I may say, it seems that Fire Emblem has taken many routes.

First, the 4th and 5th games had cheap elements (or so I heard) that would really complicate the game, so luck would dictate the battlefield.

The 6th and 7th focused on stringent tactics. Where every move counts to a record of how well you were judged. Someone correct me if that is not true for 6th, but I believe it is.

The 8th was a breeze for many fans, and it is the only standalone title in the series. It had some good features, but many people were disappointed on its easiness by its self.

The 9th and 10th were really a step up for the series. You had good difficulty, good characters, and it had quite a pallet of elements.

And the 11th was discussed. The 12th was supposed to be better, but didn't make it to western markets.

Now, if you would like to nitpick about something I said inaccurately, then feel free to do so. However, I believe my statement about the different routes is correct.

I like to nitpick on one inaccuracy:

Fire Emblem Gaiden is yet a second stand-alone FE, so TSS is not the only stand-alone...

Yet, it didn't make it out of Japan, and it was released on the Famicom as well as the very first one. It was the first FE to include the branch promotion system that TSS also has. As it was released in 1992 in Japan, 11 years before the first licensed Western FE(Blazing Sword) was released, it was a part of the "First Jap FE Six", or the group of the first six FEs that didn't make it out of Japan, and thus it was unknown to the West, outside of those who imported the FE games that they want to play, and have the appropriate equipment to be able to play them without region lock troubles...

Other than that, you're right on the mark...

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
Thracia isn't hard unless you're trying to do it ranked. The movement stars and PCC make people like Asvel and Mareeta great boss killers.

Cyas though, don't get started on his chapters.

For those of you who do play FE4, what pairings do you like to do?

Yeah, Cyas is a pain. LEADERSHIP STARS ugh.

Generally I like to do the following for first gen, second gen pairings I don't care as much about.

Midir/Aideen
Lex/Ayra or Holyn/Ayra
Jamka/Bridget
Claude/Sylvia
Levin/Fury (ALWAYS- Although if you want an Arthur Holsety user that isn't too bad either. I just really prefer Sety.)
Azel/Tiltyu

Psychout

I like to nitpick on one inaccuracy:

Fire Emblem Gaiden is yet a second stand-alone FE, so TSS is not the only stand-alone...

Actually, No, it's not. It's a side story. That's why Palla, Catria, and Est are in it and why
Zeke is really Camus. I'm not exactly sure of the timeline, but I think it's implied that once FE1/11 ends, Camus ends up in Valencia with no memory and becomes Zeke, and once FE2 ends, he goes back and becomes Sirius. At least, that's how I saw it.

Anyway, pairings I like are:

Holyn x Briggid
Dew x Ayra
Beowulf x Lachesis
Levin x Tiltyu
Claude x Fury
Jamka x Aideen

And then with Sylvia she usually gets Lex or someone else or Claude if I do Noish x Fury. Though I really like Claude x Aideen, cause it gives Rescue and Fortify in Chapter 6 and Rana can easily promote by Chapter 7 with good spam.

Though I keep telling myself I need to try Claude x Lachesis and Lex x Tiltyu one of these days. Maybe Holyn x Sylvia for laughs.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I would like to ask a question about the stat bonuses in Radiant Dawn when transferring data from PoR.

When you "max out a stat" for a bonus, is it the actual stat cap or the class stat maximum?

Also, I assume you can put these bonuses on an Easy file on Radiant Dawn so long as it is not easy data from Path of Radiance.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If you raise a PoR character's stat, no matter which, up to the very highest it can go, which you'll know by it flashing green, the bonus is added on. If Largo gets a stat cap, it transfers over to Callil's stats.

Also, I think the stat bonus only applies if said character made it to level 20 in both classes, except for the pre-promoted units for obvious reasons.

Radiant Dawn Easy Mode is safe for data transfer, as the game analyzes the PoR data first before you can pick a difficulty mode. PoR Easy Mode save data will corrupt the disc, however, unless your copy of Radiant Dawn is one that came after the bug was discovered, which you won't ever find out at this point, or is a PAL disc, but don't quote me on that part.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If you raise a PoR character's stat, no matter which, up to the very highest it can go, which you'll know by it flashing green, the bonus is added on. If Largo gets a stat cap, it transfers over to Callil's stats.

Also, I think the stat bonus only applies if said character made it to level 20 in both classes, except for the pre-promoted units for obvious reasons.

Radiant Dawn Easy Mode is safe for data transfer, as the game analyzes the PoR data first before you can pick a difficulty mode. PoR Easy Mode save data will corrupt the disc, however, unless your copy of Radiant Dawn is one that came after the bug was discovered, which you won't ever find out at this point, or is a PAL disc, but don't quote me on that part.
So if I'm getting this right, say that a class's maximum stat in Magic is 37 (just an example), if you raise it to 37, the highest it can go for that class, then you get the stat bonus, am I right?

While I'm at it, is there a bonus point deduction from waiting to use experience points between chapters? I ask this because I'm thinking about saving some for Mist and Rolf.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If you get the stat cap for that character, it gets transferred. Tormod has a maximum magic stat of 30, and Soren has a maximum of 32, but if Tormod reaches his 30, his Magic stat gets boosted in RD regardless.

You earned your bonus points by completing objectives, some of which are optional. There's no penalty to decide and save some up for your weaker characters. Mist and Largo are even constructed to take advantage of the Bonus Exp. system: Mist can't attack at all until she promotes, which makes her a Valkyrie, but when she does promote, she becomes a exceptional healing Canto unit that you have to legitimately try to kill off, as her amazing Luck stat ensures that nearly no move is going to have over a 60% shot of hitting her, and Largo comes in late game at level 7, but with great stats (bar resistance) that help him compare to a trained Boyd.

I save up on my Bonus Exp. all the time. There are a few chapters where one character is crucial, and having the Bonus Exp. to raise that one person to an appropriate level helps even further.

sceptile33

So if I'm getting this right, say that a class's maximum stat in Magic is 37 (just an example), if you raise it to 37, the highest it can go for that class, then you get the stat bonus, am I right?
Yes, just make sure that the unit is at level 20 promoted.

While I'm at it, is there a bonus point deduction from waiting to use experience points between chapters? I ask this because I'm thinking about saving some for Mist and Rolf.

If you mean base experience, no there's not. It's actually a good idea so you can control what stats your unit gets upon leveling up. This is assuming you're talking about Path of Radiance.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Last edited:

ArcanineShrine014029

Sceptile: Amazing signature! That's all that needs to be said about Roy.
Roy's our boy, am I right?! The Sword of Seals is the only thing you should ever use the hamerne spell for... to get 80 uses out of it instead of 20.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
K, doing a playthrough of FE7, Fargus is awsome for starters, but how do I recruit Dart?

I know Rebecca's gotta talk to him.

Should I not have beaten him on the Pirate Tag Game level. (Which was stupidly hard for me because I put every unit I had neglected up to that point in+Eliwood to Areana them up, suffice to say, I had to depend on Criticals to deal with the Black Fang, though Canas made it to level 13)

Actually, No, it's not. It's a side story. That's why Palla, Catria, and Est are in it and why
Zeke is really Camus. I'm not exactly sure of the timeline, but I think it's implied that once FE1/11 ends, Camus ends up in Valencia with no memory and becomes Zeke, and once FE2 ends, he goes back and becomes Sirius. At least, that's how I saw it.

Anyway, pairings I like are:

Holyn x Briggid
Dew x Ayra
Beowulf x Lachesis
Levin x Tiltyu
Claude x Fury
Jamka x Aideen

And then with Sylvia she usually gets Lex or someone else or Claude if I do Noish x Fury. Though I really like Claude x Aideen, cause it gives Rescue and Fortify in Chapter 6 and Rana can easily promote by Chapter 7 with good spam.

Though I keep telling myself I need to try Claude x Lachesis and Lex x Tiltyu one of these days. Maybe Holyn x Sylvia for laughs.

Have you tried playing with any of the replacement children? I'm replaying FE4, and I'm on the fourth chapter. I have a couple of the mothers paired up with the usual; Aideen x Midir, Lachesis x Fin, Ayra x Holyn, and Fury x Levin, but I still need Sylvia, Briggid, and Tiltyu. Leen's replacement looks a lot better, and I kinda like Patty's as well.

Psychout

Laylea and Sharlow are pretty good. I've used them once before. The only thing I see the problem with for them, is they have a much harder time getting money than Sylvia's children. They have innate Prayer, and can much easily abuse the arena. I suppose you could have Laylea fall in love with Aless for money for rings or give her the Prayer Sword. The Prayer ring comes a bit late though. Berserk and Charisma are always nice though, and the Barrier sword is pretty good. I'm surprised you don't have Sylvia paired yet. Her growths are obscenely high so it's hard to not pair her unless you kill her.

Tiltyu's subs are okay. Linda is basically a second Tiltyu and she has Elite. Amid isn't as good, but he's still useable. He promotes to Mage Fighter, but he can also still use Tron.

Whatever you do don't get Briggid's subs. Aeselleo is basically Jamka. I used him in a draft and he was actually surprisingly good, but Daisy is a lost cause. She can Prayer abuse I suppose, but she's not promoting unless you stuff a bunch of children down her throat, so she can't get as much money to pass around, which is what you want her to do. If you have the choice, you definitely want to pass down the Ichival.

I'd suggest Briggid x Holyn. You're probably going to have to wait a bunch so they get adjacent bonuses, but otherwise it's great. Holyn can pass down the Hero sword and some other things, and Patty also gets Luna. You can also get her the Prayer sword if you do the breaking glitch with it. But otherwise I'd say Alec, Beowulf, or maybe Dew for her. It's not as good as Holyn, but they do give her Pursuit/Charge, or a Sword skill.

The only other thing is Lachesis x Fin. I've heard it was good, but you can only get the Silver Blade and Thunder sword for Delmund. They don't really need Prayer, which is why I prefer Beowulf for Lachesis. Charge is much more useful, and with it, Nanna can actually finish things off sometimes.

lol, I'm bit too lazy too pair Holyn with Briggid now since he's already paired with Ayra. I paired Briggid with Dew the first time I went through it, but never got far enough into the second gen to see the results.

Thanks anyways. Obviously the replacements are inferior stat-wise, but just wanted to know if they're somewhat usable since I kinda liked Daisy and Laylea's design.

ArcanineShrine014029

K, doing a playthrough of FE7, Fargus is awsome for starters, but how do I recruit Dart?

I know Rebecca's gotta talk to him.

Should I not have beaten him on the Pirate Tag Game level. (Which was stupidly hard for me because I put every unit I had neglected up to that point in+Eliwood to Areana them up, suffice to say, I had to depend on Criticals to deal with the Black Fang, though Canas made it to level 13)

You don't "recruit" Dart - on chapter 16X (I think it was, one of the Gaiden chapters involving pirates) you see him as an enemy, and don't kill him. He wont attack you if you dont get in his range. He joins you in a couple or few chapters after that. It's too bad though, in the chapter where you get Dart (he joins you automatically if you didnt kill him) the accuracy drop induced by the fog makes him pretty useless.

But a certain enemy known to be from a country of "fearsome military power" really brings out Dart's usefulness when you get to that part of the game. (hint, what was every other enemy from the later portion of FE6, that would attack in massive quantities?)

Psychout

You don't "recruit" Dart - on chapter 16X (I think it was, one of the Gaiden chapters involving pirates) you see him as an enemy, and don't kill him. He wont attack you if you dont get in his range. He joins you in a couple or few chapters after that. It's too bad though, in the chapter where you get Dart (he joins you automatically if you didnt kill him) the accuracy drop induced by the fog makes him pretty useless.

But a certain enemy known to be from a country of "fearsome military power" really brings out Dart's usefulness when you get to that part of the game. (hint, what was every other enemy from the later portion of FE6, that would attack in massive quantities?)

Um, fog doesn't change accuracy. No weather condition does that. They only decrease either movement or your vision, but weather doesn't actually affect battles.

If you are using Dart, you need to be sure to grab the Ocean Seal hidden in the desert for him.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I killed him getting to the Areana :U

Oh well Dorcas is now a Warrior and he is sweeping places.

(Bartre was Gravely injured in a Boss Battle against that Black Fang Paladin in the Pirate level, after he had them chasing him up north to make it safe to level at the arena)

Arena abusing shot Serra up to level 16.