• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I had it on the right day, but the Barracks were empty. I don't know why it happens, it just does.

Crawley007

I haven't played any of the non-English games but I have a question for those who have.

Are any of the games more similar to Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn in the way of Chapter Objectives? I really liked the wider range of Objective types that those games provided. Despite being awesome, that is one thing that bored the s*it out of me in Awakening was that everything was Defeat Boss or Route the Enemy. I love my "Defend for ____ turns" Chapters and even Escape was pretty cool. Even Stealth.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I haven't played any of the non-English games but I have a question for those who have.

Are any of the games more similar to Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn in the way of Chapter Objectives? I really liked the wider range of Objective types that those games provided. Despite being awesome, that is one thing that bored the s*it out of me in Awakening was that everything was Defeat Boss or Route the Enemy. I love my "Defend for ____ turns" Chapters and even Escape was pretty cool. Even Stealth.

Just among the non-English ones? Thracia 776 (FE5) deviates noticeably from the normal "Seize Location" or "Defeat Boss" objectives. There's a number of nasty Escape missions early on, and the game is regarded by many as one of the toughest, if not, the toughest itself among Fire Emblem games (excluding Hard Modes and the like).

Genealogy of the Holy War (FE4) is all about seizing castles, but features massive maps and multiple castles to seize, so that's kinda interesting, though mounted units have such a massive edge in this game compared to in other games. Other than that, most of the non-English games are pretty much Seize Location for the entirety of the game.

Crawley007

Just among the non-English ones? Thracia 776 (FE5) deviates noticeably from the normal "Seize Location" or "Defeat Boss" objectives. There's a number of nasty Escape missions early on, and the game is regarded by many as one of the toughest, if not, the toughest itself among Fire Emblem games (excluding Hard Modes and the like).

Genealogy of the Holy War (FE4) is all about seizing castles, but features massive maps and multiple castles to seize, so that's kinda interesting, though mounted units have such a massive edge in this game compared to in other games. Other than that, most of the non-English games are pretty much Seize Location for the entirety of the game.

Yeah I have completed all of the English ones. I have heard so many things about Thracia and I want to play it so bad but I would never be able to enjoy it fully without understanding the dialogue. And Holy War sounds really good too.

I really wish Radiant Dawn would get a sequel if only for the reason that it would more than likely be similar in that respect. I guess the end was tied up pretty well but I thought the Epilogue was rather lacking. I don't think a sequel is entirely out of the question though, however unlikely.

sceptile33

The thing I enjoy most about the Tellius games are the mechanics. The classes, base experience, growths are more balanced than previous games in the series. I'm glad they change it up to differentiate the games, but I've enjoyed these the most.

Crawley007

The thing I enjoy most about the Tellius games are the mechanics. The classes, base experience, growths are more balanced than previous games in the series. I'm glad they change it up to differentiate the games, but I've enjoyed these the most.

Completely Agreed. Classes I would have preferred branching classes but the Third Tier classes were awesome. Bonus EXP added some extra difficulty if you were trying to get the maximum experience from each chapter. And it is the series that 3 of my top 5 favorite characters come from (Haar, Shinon, and Naesala)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah I have completed all of the English ones. I have heard so many things about Thracia and I want to play it so bad but I would never be able to enjoy it fully without understanding the dialogue. And Holy War sounds really good too.

I really wish Radiant Dawn would get a sequel if only for the reason that it would more than likely be similar in that respect. I guess the end was tied up pretty well but I thought the Epilogue was rather lacking. I don't think a sequel is entirely out of the question though, however unlikely.

You can get English patches for the Japanese games.

Crawley007

You can get English patches for the Japanese games.

For all of them? I heard Heroes of Light and Shadow and Sword of Seals did but not the others. How accurate do you think the fan translation really is though? I worry about that. I mean, I am sure it is correct in essentials but...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
For all of them? I heard Heroes of Light and Shadow and Sword of Seals did but not the others. How accurate do you think the fan translation really is though? I worry about that. I mean, I am sure it is correct in essentials but...

I'm not sure if they all do or don't, I've never looked hard into it. As for accuracy, they'll be fine.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Starting another New Profile, but this is entirely made for whopping on Streetpass- Basically Galeforce is useless (They'll just restart if one of their characters die).

I was wondering if you could help me on pairings?

I want CHILD UNITS ONLY!!!

The only 2 I have thought up are:

MU x Nah = Manakete Morgan
Tharja x Lon'qu = Astra, Lifetaker Noire

Please Help (I give Rep LOL!)

Any help, please?

Also, how do you patch a game like a Japanese Fire Emblem?

Thanks!

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
Any help, please?

Order of operation for Noire should be: Gauis>Donnel>Anyone else. Reason, Noire really wants Galeforce and speed which Gauis provides. If he's used, Donnel's next on the list because galeforce.

Also Morgan Manakete should have these skills:
Luna/Ingis
Galeforce
Limit Breaker
Swordbreaker
Filler/Armshitft (I got the idea of having just a Dragonstone+ and giving her Elixirs the rest of the inventory)

Asset Defense/Resistance/Speed
Flaw Luck

Nah should be either:
Kellam!Nah
Frederick!Nah
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also have my team done:
Paladin Chrom x Assassin Olivia
Assassin Lon'qu x Hero Cordelia
Berserker Gregor x Sorcerer Tharja
Hero M!A x Hero Severa
Sage Owain x General Kjelle
Sage Brady x Sorcerer Noire
Sage Laurent X Dark Flier Cynthia
Berserker Inigo x Hero F!Morgan
Berserker Yarne x Assassin Lucina
Berserker Gerome x Manakete Nah

Other:
Spotpass Sage F!A and DLC Sage Katarina Rally Bot
DLC Hero Ike and DLC Lodestar Marth
Trickster Anna and Manakete Tiki

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Order of operation for Noire should be: Gauis>Donnel>Anyone else. Reason, Noire really wants Galeforce and speed which Gauis provides. If he's used, Donnel's next on the list because galeforce.

Also Morgan Manakete should have these skills:
Luna/Ingis
Galeforce
Limit Breaker
Swordbreaker
Filler/Armshitft (I got the idea of having just a Dragonstone+ and giving her Elixirs the rest of the inventory)

Asset Defense/Resistance/Speed
Flaw Luck

Nah should be either:
Kellam!Nah
Frederick!Nah
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also have my team done:
Paladin Chrom x Assassin Olivia
Assassin Lon'qu x Hero Cordelia
Berserker Gregor x Sorcerer Tharja
Hero M!A x Hero Severa
Sage Owain x General Kjelle
Sage Brady x Sorcerer Noire
Sage Laurent X Dark Flier Cynthia
Berserker Inigo x Hero F!Morgan
Berserker Yarne x Assassin Lucina
Berserker Gerome x Manakete Nah

Other:
Spotpass Sage F!A and DLC Sage Katarina Rally Bot
DLC Hero Ike and DLC Lodestar Marth
Trickster Anna and Manakete Tiki

Thanks, but Galeforce is pretty useless for Streetpass, if you kill someone, they will most likely restart!

TheGreaterLucario

Alright! Got Awakening a couple days ago, already on Chap. 17 (or was it 18?). Early in the game, I fought/defeated/recruited Eirika (now my Swordmaster), and a couple chapters later fought/defeated/recruited Deidre (started as a Dark Mage, now a Sorcerer). I also bought Olwen (a Dark Knight- and boy is she a beast!) and, just today, the Black Knight!

Anyways..... it was oh so satisfying to

totally slaughter Gangrel. Two-shot him with Olwen. With a basic Wind tome.

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

Hahaha....! I just made my Tactician marry Nowi! I know, she doesn't exactly give the best stats to the kids, but I don't care. Nowi's so rediculously cute, AND she can turn into a DRAGON!

Aurath8

Hahaha....! I just made my Tactician marry Nowi! I know, she doesn't exactly give the best stats to the kids, but I don't care. Nowi's so rediculously cute, AND she can turn into a DRAGON!

Actually since, your kids will have access to the Manakete class, they'll be one of the strongest characters in the game, excluding Apotheosis. In fact, anything fathered/mothered my the avatar can break the game in half.