• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Nintendo is also releasing a bundle of the soundtracks for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in March.
That is so beautiful.

But really, there were some good tracks. I wish the Smash music team put the Radiant meeting theme in the meeting series melody.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
New entry, seems to actually take place in Japan

I can't seem to find any actual details on this anywhere, serenes and so on just say its a new entry with a new storyline.

In actual Japan though? How will that work, I thought all of the fire emblem games took place on a different planet with its own continents.

Recon

I can't seem to find any actual details on this anywhere, serenes and so on just say its a new entry with a new storyline.

In actual Japan though? How will that work, I thought all of the fire emblem games took place on a different planet with its own continents.

I should clarify, it does take place in an alternate universe, but the style is distinctly Japanese, compared to the European styles of previous games.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
I should clarify, it does take place in an alternate universe, but the style is distinctly Japanese, compared to the European styles of previous games.

Ahh yea. That makes sense, its entirely likely that this takes place on a different planet/universe than the last. Awakening kind of brought them into a full loop, tying all of the games together.

If this is a new storyline, on a different continent, with none of the same ties, then it stands to reason its not in the current known universe. But I'll be interested to see how they work this, a new fire emblem game sounds heavenly.

Blazios

Nice to know that Awakening saved the series.

A bit of a shame that Pair Up is still a thing (unless they've done away with it but kept Dual Guard and Dual Strike, which would be welcome), though that doesn't change the fact that we have a 3DS Fire Emblem game with feet!

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xssq_g9lRNo

-FEET
-Dual Strike is back, but Pair Up is still unconfirmed.
-ICE MAGIC. BEST CLASS INSTANTLY.
-Dancer girl drowned to death in a chokehold by a monster. Jesus.
-Paladin guy reminds me of Camus.
-That golem is ****ing creepy. Wonder what that thing's about. Reanimated soul jar like Risen, Morphs, and Deadlords, maybe?
-Maybe I've just gotten used to FE13's cast at this point, but the FE14 cast exudes so much more personality to me.
-Maid class, maybe? That would be new.

Thank you, Nintendo, for filling out my Christmas list so early in the year.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I am extremely excited over this announcement , so great to hear that Awakening did help pick the series pick itself back up , I have a few comments:

I am not sure on wether Children will be in this game or not , they fit the story of Awakening , but it would just seem repetitive to keep resetting it over and over.
Is anyone else getting an Agnés from Bravely Default vibe from what looks like the main female character of this one(hopefully they bring back the dancer class)
The Golem's head looks like a coin I have in my Garage
Getting a Sully vibe from the Pegasus Knight
The one I am getting the Chrom/Marth/Ike signal from is Blonde Guy on horseback(he looks awesome either way!)

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well since Awakening was "Fire Emblem: References", they did need to step away from old games as much as possible for a new game. I do love how they seemed to have nerfed archers even more though, because why twist the knife?

Blazios

I do love how they seemed to have nerfed archers even more though, because why twist the knife?

With any luck, Archers will also get the weapon advantage when attacking enemies with a 1 range weapon and they revolve more around ensuring they can keep their range. Here's hoping, because if not, they've gone from bad to nigh unusable.

Recon

With any luck, Archers will also get the weapon advantage when attacking enemies with a 1 range weapon and they revolve more around ensuring they can keep their range. Here's hoping, because if not, they've gone from bad to nigh unusable.

Bring back crossbows?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Serenes Forest said:
Known characters include Kazahana the sleepy sword-wielder, Hinoka the red-haired Pegasus Knight, Felicia the maid, Marx the epic horseback knight and a mysterious female(?) named Kamui who appears not in the teaser, but in the Nintendo Direct when Iwata speaks afterwards.

Serenes Forest has names for some of the characters in the teaser trailer. Obviously English localization will change these names significantly (Sol -> Stahl and Ray -> Raigh) but there's some names for now.

Someone has also worked out that Kamui is very likely to be another Avatar character given that there appears to be images of both male and female characters by that name.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
When they started off with "If's" debut trailer, I initially thought that it was Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem - especially with the Samurais and the Old Coin Gollum - but got even more happier when it turnt out to be an Awakening style new entry on the 3DS. I love the fact that they are bringing back the same styling/vibe art style as with Awakening. To think, Awakening was being planned to be the last entry in the series and now we are here with a fresh new entry.

Looking more into the game, I can tell that there is a lot more classes and a quite a few fimiliar classes like the Myridiom, Pegasus Knights, and Paladin. It looks a lot more interesting now since of the things that Iwata mentioned after the trailer.

The only big question that I have is if "If" is a sequel to Awakening or a completely new line in vein to like how Fire Emblem and Sacred Stones differentiate even though they use the same styling on the same system. Hope we get that question along with a few others including release date in a future Direct or at E3 this year.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
This looks pretty neat. The Japanese style will be an interesting change and open up the stage to add in some traditional Japanese instruments into the music as well.

Recon

This looks pretty neat. The Japanese style will be an interesting change and open up the stage to add in some traditional Japanese instruments into the music as well.

If there are no taiko drums, I will be disappointed.

Also, someone pointed out that the ice magic looked like rats, or were rodent shaped. This kind of makes sense given the mages in this game have fans. Fans are usually used as the main weapon for summoners in Japanese-styled games. It wouldn't be too absurd to assume that summoners replace the different mage classes I think.