• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It goes by so fast that I have a hard time seeing it, but it doesn't really look like a clock to me at all.

It's got three long bits with little arrow-like bits at the end, going clockwise. They look just like the three clock hands.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
If Kamui is the avatar character then I hope I can change the eye colour,because I am kinda creeped out by Male Kamui's Red Eyes

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
So I wonder, what if they made the game similar to what they did on Sacred Stones, but instead of choosing a character, you have a more cryptic choice, and the characters would be different, there would be more paths, and there wouldn't be a common place ending?

Or something like The Binding Blade,where there were two endings depending on what you did?

Zachmac

It's got three long bits with little arrow-like bits at the end, going clockwise. They look just like the three clock hands.
I still don't really see it.

So I googed for something that could change gif speed, and I found this site.
http://ezgif.com/speed

If anything, it looks less like a clock to me that way. It looks more like some weird shadowy blob doing, er, something in her eye.
I don't know what to make of this.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I still don't really see it.

So I googed for something that could change gif speed, and I found this site.
http://ezgif.com/speed

If anything, it looks less like a clock to me that way. It looks more like some weird shadowy blob doing, er, something in her eye.
I don't know what to make of this.

Yeah, basically:

Looking at that gif frame-by-frame in Photoshop it sort of looks like it may even just be compression artifacts.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
There are so many interesting theories out there about the new game! There is one about your first big decision being to choose between East or West, and another one that suggests the Avatar is the one trying to sink (or something along the line) the Dancer girl (which would make sense, actually).

[IMG139]http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/13/49/75/95/2e4g9j10.jpg[/IMG139]

It isn't really clear, but it reads "Generic head, no hair".

I'm really curious to learn more about the game. I also hope that they keep the "If" title. It's so pretty.

Zachmac

Yeah, basically:
Well, I was ninja'd by like, 3 minutes. Sometimes I take 20 minutes to make even the simplest of post.

I'm not sure if it's compression artifacts, though, because it does seem like it's meant to be rotating. But I'm definitely not an expert in this stuff. I know what compression artifacts are, but I don't know how they act in animated videos or whatever.
another one that suggests the Avatar is the one trying to sink (or something along the line) the Dancer girl (which would make sense, actually).
I kind of hope not, actually.
I mean, we already saw this sort of scenerio once with the Validar/Robin/Chrom thing.
It was cute one time, but it would be kind of lame to make the avatar possessed by some evil demon a second time.

Last edited:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
The whole thing about the MyUnit in "if" being a Lord instead of Tactician makes things really interesting because it would mean that the typical "Lord" role would have to be portrayed by someone else beside a Lord class. It does make sense for Kamui since it means something like "Divine Command" in Japanese and we know all well how the main character has ties to a Divine Entity. Maybe the blue haired dancer is going to be the main regular character like Chrom in Awakening but that is stretch for now since we don't now that much about the game.

Besides, the first cutscene like thing in the trailer does look like it's in some sort of castle. Maybe this might be Kamui's castle or one of the Dark Knights castle? What does this mean and is if this is how Kamui and the Blue Hair Dancer meet? That would be interesting plus this could be another "The Two Falchions" type of thing with it being early in the game but not in the first early parts of the game.

On the other hand, the game comes out this Summer/Fall in Japan and could be a late fall/winter title if Nintendo does decide to bring more info to E3 in June. I too hope it keeps the "if" in the title since it is quite fitting like how "Awakening" fitted Awakening.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I have to admit, I am much more excited for Fire Emblem if than I am for Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei. I feel the series is more adapted to handhelds than to home consoles. I like the idea of having a diverse army ready at your fingertips.

I have read if some places that some people think that this could be a prequel to Awakening, and these are Chrom's parents and their army, but if that is the case, we all know what inevitably will happen to them...

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I mean, we already saw this sort of scenerio once with the Validar/Robin/Chrom thing.
It was cute one time, but it would be kind of lame to make the avatar possessed by some evil demon a second time.
Yeah, seen that way, it does seem redundant. But what if Kamui does have the ability to be... this thing that sinks the dancer on purpose ? What if it isn't "evil possession" ? That could turn out to be quite interesting.
The whole thing about the MyUnit in "if" being a Lord instead of Tactician makes things really interesting because it would mean that the typical "Lord" role would have to be portrayed by someone else beside a Lord class. It does make sense for Kamui since it means something like "Divine Command" in Japanese and we know all well how the main character has ties to a Divine Entity. Maybe the blue haired dancer is going to be the main regular character like Chrom in Awakening but that is stretch for now since we don't now that much about the game.
I don't know how to feel about this, to be quite honest. I like having magic at hands rather than swords, but I guess it would be interesting to be a Lord this time around.
I have read if some places that some people think that this could be a prequel to Awakening, and these are Chrom's parents and their army, but if that is the case, we all know what inevitably will happen to them...

I heard about the prequel theory too. It would be pretty cool, as long as you can decide who are the parents. I want the pairings back. >:[

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I would say by looking at the Japanese names for these characters , it's safe to say which faction the unit will be involved in , Kazahana and Hinoka are both quite Japanese names , whilst Max and Felecia are originally from the West.It's confirmed that Max is a playable unit and I have a theory,since the Western are considered the antagonists,maybe Max will realise that his father,the King watching the dancer is leading the western force and wants something more , when he realises , Max will join the Eastern Faction and fight his father's forces.Kamui however,maybe he is prince of the eastern faction and even though Max is fighting with them,Kamui is suspicious , similar to Frederick being suspicious of Robin at the beginning of Awakening

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
It's been confirmed that it doesn't connect to any other game with characters and plot,so I don't think it'll happen if it means Chrom and Emmeryn will get a cameo.

I'm personally hoping it's a later Magvel split after the Grado disaster.Long shot,but the Great Knights looking like Magvel Great Knights is a hint.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
It's been confirmed that it doesn't connect to any other game with characters and plot,so I don't think it'll happen if it means Chrom and Emmeryn will get a cameo.

I'm personally hoping it's a later Magvel split after the Grado disaster.Long shot,but the Great Knights looking like Magvel Great Knights is a hint.

So it isn't connected to Marth's, Ike's, Roy's or Eirika and Ephraim's timeline ? That's odd. I was honestly hoping it would continue in someone's timeline, specifically Marth's.
Curious to see what it's going to look like, though.