• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
So it isn't connected to Marth's, Ike's, Roy's or Eirika and Ephraim's timeline ? That's odd. I was honestly hoping it would continue in someone's timeline, specifically Marth's.
It could be.It could just be fair removed.Plus,Fire Emblem games have their own timeline,so it could be in Ike's timeline and not the others.And I've had enough with Marth's timeline for a while.FE1,FE2,FE3,FE11,FE12 and FE13 were too much.I'm also a Magvel and Elibe nerd.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Reminder that 4 and 5 are prequels to Marth's game too.

R_N

It could be.It could just be fair removed.Plus,Fire Emblem games have their own timeline,so it could be in Ike's timeline and not the others.And I've had enough with Marth's timeline for a while.FE1,FE2,FE3,FE11,FE12 and FE13 were too much.I'm also a Magvel and Elibe nerd.

Ike's timeline is probably within Awakening's. Priam is Ike's descendent if nothing else, but supports with Panne & Olivia also mention things like the lion tribe and the naesella story

e: & obviously that would link it with Marth's

are 4 & 5 part of that timeline too? I didn't know there was anything linking that beyond some dlc dialog in awakening

Last edited:

Recon

Ike's timeline is probably within Awakening's. Priam is Ike's descendent if nothing else, but supports with Panne & Olivia also mention things like the lion tribe and the naesella story

are 4 & 5 part of that timeline too? I didn't know there was anything linking that beyond some dlc dialog in awakening

I'm pretty sure Henry also mentions people turning into birds/crows, so more evidence that Tellius is within the Awakening Timeline.

R_N

Probably not, because 4 & 5 are before Marth's time, and Awakening is 1000 years after Marth.

well being "before marth's time" would still be part of "that timeline"
like is there key players or geography referenced in r/5 that show it? Not terrible familiar with the games so I always just assumed they were in their own thing

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down

Forgot about Priam when I said that.He had to make everything difficult.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
well being "before marth's time" would still be part of "that timeline"
like is there key players or geography referenced in r/5 that show it? Not terrible familiar with the games so I always just assumed they were in their own thing

Oh yeah. Sorry.

I think it's the years. 4/5 take place around the year 776, and I can't find the exact year for 1&2, but I think it might be early 800's.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Fire Emblems 4 and 5 are thought to be connected to Marth's world because of Naga's existence in both games. She gets a new backstory in Awakening, where she sealed Grima away, whereas in FE 1 and 3 she's responsible for the sealing of the Earth Dragons, but because Awakening is explicitly referred to as future Archanea, and that neither the GBA Emblems nor Tellius ever refer to a Naga, the Naga in FE4 who blood-bonded with the Twelve Crusaders is thought to be the same Naga regardless of the different backstory.

Plus, Paralogue 2, The Secret Seller, in Awakening is the same map as FE4's Chapter 4, Dance in the Skies, and is the only non-Marth game that gets a returning map in the game proper (Tellius and Elibe get a map in the Xenologues)

Anyway, If is confirmed for a 2015 release in PAL regions.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Chrom's line from Priam's Spotpass contradicts that
:

Chrom
Indeed. But could a descendant of the Radiant Hero truly reside here? I still have my doubts.

Robin
What all do you know about this Radiant Hero, anyway?

Chrom
Only what the legends tell—that he's an unparalleled warrior from another world. They say he felled thousands with a divine blade blessed by Ashera herself.

4 and 5 are implied to be in the same world, due to (as mentioned by Sonic Boom) Naga existing within that timeline and Loptyr being an Earth Dragon. I also think it was stated as such in an interview, but I can't find it on Serenes Forest at the moment.

Edit: Found it, it was actually in the Designer Notes:

Q: Is there any relationship with the continent of Akaneia from the previous game?

A: Yes. In terms of eras, the era of Genealogy of the Holy War occurs long before the continent of Akaneia. Jugdral was an advanced country, whereas Akaneia barely held any level of civilisation. At this time, the dragon tribes of Akaneia were deciding on how to handle the human race. The Divine Dragon tribe and the Earth Dragon tribe divided into two opposing sides, the same Earth Dragon tribe appearing in Genealogy of the Holy War.

Last edited:

R_N

Chrom's line from Priam's Spotpass contradicts that
:

4 and 5 are implied to be in the same world, due to (as mentioned by Sonic Boom) Naga existing within that timeline and Loptyr being an Earth Dragon. I also think it was stated as such in an interview, but I can't find it on Serenes Forest at the moment.

Edit: Found it, it was actually in the Designer Notes:

Guess I just sped through the dialog too fast
kind of a shame

the 4&5 thing is cool though

bobjr

Staff member
4 and 5 are also the best games in the series, they just needed more explaining on a few important gameplay things.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
4 and 5 are also the best games in the series, they just needed more explaining on a few important gameplay things.

"Wait, why is everyone gone except for Leif?"

Also yeah trying to play 4 without having an idea of how marriage works in this game [as opposed to Awakening] is definitely a bad time waiting to happen.

bobjr

Staff member
There is one village that says "Boys usually inherit from their fathers, and girls usually inherit from their mothers!" but that means nothing. Outside of the story ones they give you 0 hints that you should be hooking units up. And the second generation is so much harder without holy weapons.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So I was talking to Psynergy and bobjr about whether buying Gaiden was worth it, and though we basically came to the conclusion it wasn't, I just bought this:
$_12.JPG

In basically perfect condition, I couldn't pass it up and I'm sure it'll be a laugh. Gonna be buying a Retron 5 soon so I can play the older games and apply translation patches.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So I was talking to Psynergy and bobjr about whether buying Gaiden was worth it, and though we basically came to the conclusion it wasn't, I just bought this:
$_12.JPG

In basically perfect condition, I couldn't pass it up and I'm sure it'll be a laugh. Gonna be buying a Retron 5 soon so I can play the older games and apply translation patches.

Wait what. I almost want to say that's really cool but I'm not sure what to think about that. You need to keep us posted.

I'm new to this series and just wanted to ask a question. I have been looking at this series to add to my collection of 3ds titles. I noticed it looks like the same way you play daunting and dragons. I don't mean to make anyone mad cause i said that. Could someone tell me if it is? I am just trying to get a since of the game before i try to buy it.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
I'm new to this series and just wanted to ask a question. I have been looking at this series to add to my collection of 3ds titles. I noticed it looks like the same way you play daunting and dragons. I don't mean to make anyone mad cause i said that. Could someone tell me if it is? I am just trying to get a since of the game before i try to buy it.

I believe there is a demo of it on the 3ds, for awakening. If not, you're likely better off looking up gameplay on youtube or something.