• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
4 had the best weapon system but it's also the best game.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Yeah. Whenever I open an FE:A save, it usually spawns 3-5 Risen squads, and a merchant or two. Unfortunately, the Risen are all in the middle levels, and the merchants are all in the early levels. Even by the Endgame.

Aurath8

Phoenix Mode basically sounds sort of like the super guide. I bet it activates when you start dying a lot

Nope. It's a full-on mode like Casual or Classic now.
tbh, I think Phoenix is so utterly powerful that it will become useful to the average player on Lunatic+ where even on casual it can be very difficult. It could also be useful if you just want to muck about with your units curbstomping everything, because some people find that fun...probably.

I'm slightly cautious of no weapon durability only because I don't want it to turn out to be just simplifying a game mechanic just for simplifying. Not having to worry about weapons breaking is neat and it could double up if you end up getting weapons far less frequently, but when Fire Emblem has been built with weapon management as a core mechanic it could be a mistake depending on how they deal with it. There are a number of ways to do this right but with them removing weapon weight in Awakening completely I'm definitely a bit cautious of how this will turn out. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
There's plenty of room to make a strategic game with infinite weapon durability. Say the boss drops a Steel Sword once defeated. In the next map, you may have to decide which of 5-6 sword wielding units gets that Steel Sword. Which units will really benefit from the 2 Javelins that you've acquired so far? Do you lend out a strong tome to a weak mage to help train them etc. It's also reasonable to expect this infinite durability extends to staves at which point all the healers will have a grudge match for the first Mend staff.
It all depends how Intelligent Systems manage weapon availability. Weapons could become really expensive for example. A Killer Weapon costing 9000G if it never breaks seems pretty reasonable. Weapons themselves can also become a valuable prize. Finding a Silver Lance in that one chest could be game changing.

If they implement these kinds of balance changes the infinite weapons could actually be an interesting new way to strategize.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Casual mode is returning? Nice! Say what you will, but I don't like resetting to keep characters.

Also, Phoenix mode...it seems pointless...? I'm not really sure how to interpret it, but it's there, I guess.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
wait, so is it Hoshido gets the invite-only enemies to beat up and Nohr gets nothing, or is it Hoshido gets it like Awakening and Nohr gets the invite-only enemies?

R_N

wait, so is it Hoshido gets the invite-only enemies to beat up and Nohr gets nothing, or is it Hoshido gets it like Awakening and Nohr gets the invite-only enemies?

Nohr has no extra battles like that. It has no world map at all, even. It's a more traditional fire emblem campaign. Hoshido and Hoshido alone gets the invite-only battels and the random-by-time battles dont happen anymore.

Also sounds like we get 3 save files per campaign. How nice!

Blazios

With Phoenix Mode being a thing, all we need now is auto-battling to and pressing Start to skip enemy turns to return. Then, my lifelong dream of completing a Fire Emblem game without doing anything whatsoever will finally come true

(Here's hoping they vary the mission objectives to make sure that's not possible)

Zachmac

Pheonix Mode - Seriously? I heard there were already staff members opposed to Classic Mode to begin with, and then this comes along? This is just far too rediculous.

Durability - I hate, hate, hate shopping in Fire Emblem. It's such a drag managing every single last character's invintory, and it gets worse farther in. I just want to get into the action already. And honestly, I never really felt like I had to strategize much at all when distributing weapons. Most of the time, bronze or iron weapons are more then good enough, so I always had leftover money in case I needed to replace a Steel weapon or something. Even if it does turn out to be "simplyfying a game mechanic just for the sake of simplyfing", I really think this is a change for the better.

Skirmishes - Meh, whatever.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Phoenix mode is like a dream for someone,like me,who prefers to restart files solely for support scripts.But,I agree it's like a noob mode for those who somehow fail Normal Casual.

I actually liked weapon durability sometimes.Sure,when I forget to buy swords for Eirika or tomes for Artur I get extremely frustrated,but it seems I like getting frustrated.But hey,at least I can spam the Rapier(s) like a normally do in the GBA games and not worry about it breaking the first few chapters.

I feel like skirmishes should act at least a bit more like Gaiden's (think Gaiden had them),where they keep coming closer to your location on the map until you fight them.Eh,if they're at least handled like 8's,too,I'll be content.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
We got clear scans and translations.

The translation of the interview that came along with it.

Translations of the character profiles courtesy of Serenes Forest:
- Marx (Paladin / CV. Konishi Katsuyuki)
Amongst Nohr's royal family, he is the eldest son. Although taciturn, he has an honest personality. For the sake of the kingdom, he follows his father's -- the king's -- intentions.

- Camilla (Revenant Knight / CV. Sawashiro Miyuki)
Nohr's eldest daughter. She dotes on her younger brother/sister (the protagonist) to the point where she'd be more than willing to kill someone for their sake.

- Leon (Dark Knight / CV. Miyano Mamoru)
Marx's younger brother. Unlike his older brother, he excells at magic. He's a genius who can flawlessly handle anything.

- Elise (Rod Knight / CV. Suwa Ayaka)
The youngest child amongst Nohr's royal family, with an innocent personality. Despite not being related by blood, she's just as close with the protagonist as she is with her real siblings.

- Ryouma (Trueblade / CV. Nakamura Yuuichi)
On top of being Hoshido Kingdom's eldest son, he is also the protagonist's real brother. He is full of samurai spirit and has an extremely reliable presence.

- Hinoka (Pegasus Warrior / CV. Nazuka Kaori)
Hoshido Kingdom's eldest daughter. She began training as a pegasus warrior after the protagonist was kidnapped by Nohr Kingdom.

- Takumi (Archer / CV. Kaji Yuuki)
Ryouma's younger brother. In order to obtain other's recognition of his own strength, he has been perfecting his martial arts. He has a somewhat suspicious personality.

- Sakura (Shrine Maiden/Priestess / CV. Kanemoto Hisako)
Ryouma, Hinoka, and Takumi's younger sister. Unlike the other three, she's shy and timid.

Aqua is a Nohr princess stolen away by Hoshido as a prisoner, basically the opposite of the avatar. She is a Songstress, which seems to be a renamed dancer that can wield lances.

Curious what a "Revenant Knight" is though, particularly if it is related to wyvern knights. Anyway, it sounds like despite the lack of durability, it seems that there will still be drawbacks to the weapons you use, so that's nice to hear.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
This was really interesting to read. The hype builds up with every new piece of information.
About this Pheonix Mode: I'm not really against it, since it's entirely optional. It simply allows more people to play the game for the first time, which I'm totally for.

I didn't expect Aqua to be the Nohr princess kidnapped by the Hoshido royalty at all. It's really interesting to see her perfectly contrast the player's situation like that.

Everything looks great though. Happy the customization returns (with more features), happy to see class name changes/new classes and confirmed names with description. Camilla and Hinoka are particularily interesting.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Aqua being a Nohr princess makes sense now that I look at it. She has similar hair color to the older sister on the Nohr side and it's the perfect counterpart to Kamui's backstory.

Aurath8

Aqua being a Nohr princess makes sense now that I look at it. She has similar hair color to the older sister on the Nohr side and it's the perfect counterpart to Kamui's backstory.

[nitpicking] Sky blue =/= lavender.[/nitpicking]

tbh I doubt Kamui is actually siblings with the Hoshido royals, mainly because Kamui appears to be the only one who can transform into a dragon. It makes me think that they could perhaps be half-siblings, which explains the extraordinary physical variation that Kamui will obviously show as the Avatar.
I have my doubts about Aqua as well, mainly because she doesn't look at all the rest of the Nohrian family, who at least share traits like hair or eye colour.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
[nitpicking] Sky blue =/= lavender.[/nitpicking]

tbh I doubt Kamui is actually siblings with the Hoshido royals, mainly because Kamui appears to be the only one who can transform into a dragon. It makes me think that they could perhaps be half-siblings, which explains the extraordinary physical variation that Kamui will obviously show as the Avatar.
I have my doubts about Aqua as well, mainly because she doesn't look at all the rest of the Nohrian family, who at least share traits like hair or eye colour.

She never said they had exactly the same hair color; similar can still be different. And if I had to find any physical trait shared by Aqua with a member of the Nohr royal family, it'd be the her hair color that ressembles Camilla's.
But aside of that, it's an interesting thing to note, and I do find it odd as well. However, SerenesForest translated the leaked Famitsu pages and they came up with this information:
SerenesForest said:
It seems the Avatar isn’t the only person able to wield the “Dragon’s Vein” ability; apparently all the royal members have this ability and they can use it to create bridges, flatten mountains, cause earthquakes and other effects.
I suppose they could still have a connection with the whole dragon thing, and perhaps the Avatar was the only one to inherit this ancient power to its fullest.

Last edited:

Aurath8

He never said they had exactly the same hair color; similar can still be different. And if I had to find any physical trait shared by Aqua with a member of the Nohr royal family, it'd be the her hair color that ressembles Camilla's.
I'm not entirely convinced by that though. Whether it's hair colour or even eye colour, the siblings share at least one trait. Meanwhile Aqua has yellow eyes, blue hair and is intended as a parallel to the Avatar to an extent. Given how even the default Kamui also looks very different from the Hoshido siblings, I have similar doubts over Aqua's genealogy.

But aside of that, it's an interesting thing to note, and I do find it odd as well. However, SerenesForest translated the leaked Famitsu pages and they came up with this information:

I suppose they could still have a connection with the whole dragon thing, and perhaps the Avatar was the only one to inherit this ancient power to its fullest.

Yeah I saw that. Interestingly the Nohr royals can also use Dragon's vein, which means both royal families have strong connections to dragons apparently.

From a gameplay perspective, it's good news too as now we don't have to ferry Kamui around in order to get the most out of Dragon's Vein opportunities in a given map.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
He never said they had exactly the same hair color; similar can still be different. And if I had to find any physical trait shared by Aqua with a member of the Nohr royal family, it'd be the her hair color that ressembles Camilla's.

[nitpick] I'm a she lol [/nitpick]

I'm not entirely convinced by that though. Whether it's hair colour or even eye colour, the siblings share at least one trait. Meanwhile Aqua has yellow eyes, blue hair and is intended as a parallel to the Avatar to an extent. Given how even the default Kamui also looks very different from the Hoshido siblings, I have similar doubts over Aqua's genealogy.

Now that you mention it, there may be a connection between the two displaced children. Kamui is, as of now, a part of the Hoshido family and Aqua is part of the Nohr family. From their importance, it could be that their powers/importance to the story has changed their appearance to be different than familiar with their respective households. Perhaps a ritual was performed that brought out Kamui and gave him/her their powers. It could also be they're just chosen born and that their powers turn their hair white(or whatever the player chooses) instead of red.

As for Aqua, it could be something similar. We do know that there is something up with her necklace and that the figure seen choking her in the first trailer is most likely the player. So there's a lot of stuff to talk about here.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
[nitpick] I'm a she lol [/nitpick]

I'M SO SORRY! D:

On the topic of Aqua and Kamui's lack of ressemblances between them and their blood relatives, don't you think it could simply have been made to enhance the fact they are different ? Kamui is, so far, the only one seemingly capable of transforming into a dragon, and Aqua seems to have interesting special powers as well (perhaps her necklace is even the fire emblem of the games).
There may be a reason why they were both kidnapped/imprisoned that would explain why they were made different from their siblings. They probably have something they don't share with them.