• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So... Basically Clerics/Priests with a slightly better promotion. Sounds good enough for me.
Well I don't know if they actually get to use staves, it was just a supposition. But I do hope they get to. It seems like the most logical choice to me.
Yes we need mistresses in addition to our waifus!
Whatever they choose to name them, these female characters are doomed already. Although my choice of word was really not what I meant to say... Let's just stick to Great Maid.

Last edited:

Zachmac

The new weapon triangle feels odd to me but it's probably for the better. I was kind of hoping for a new magic triangle because magic was pretty boring in Awakening, but this happens to drag in bows as well. I guess I should be happy about this.

Also, brave weapons seriously needed a nerf. Thank goodness for that. While I'm still not sure if -4 defense makes up for the insane damage output they have in the long run - especially since a measly 4 points becomes less important the higher the level you are - it's still something. Let's see them nerf their strength as well.

...Seriously though. Those things made the legendary weapons look like jokes.

Last edited:

Aurath8

Worth mentioning that Great Butler may have been a mistranslation. Gunter is likely to be a Great Knight, which makes more sense. Butler and maid shouldn't seem out of place too much imo, especially when we have 10 or so characters from 2 royal families running around. I'm almost surprised that Butler or Maid haven't been made official classes before since we definitely had them in some form before.

Anyway, the digital version of Famitsu is released by midnight in Japan on the 21st May, which is only...15 minutes ago? We'll be able to see confirm these details and more soon.

I really like the new weapon triangle and weapon system mainly because if IS have spent so much effort balancing different weapon types than it raises my hopes that they have carefully thought about infinite weapon durability as well.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
8jqct76.png

So Nohr is the best path because you get smug Captain America.

Recon

How much do we want to bet that he will refer to himself in third person?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
[IMG139]http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/dengeki2005-2.png[/IMG139]

Linca/Rinka the Oni looks amazing, though.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
8jqct76.png

So Nohr is the best path because you get smug Captain America.

Hehehe, he looks like the kind of guy who thinks he's amazing, like that one jock at High School that says "Is it awesome in here, or is it just me". He looks quite powerful tho

By the way they seem to be handling weapons in this game, I think I have figured out what the Hoshidan counterpart to each weapon will be, I think we are gonna get the usual Bronze, Iron, Steel, Silver & Brave for the counterparts too, and maybe some more magic imbrued weapons, like Rinka's mace from Trailer 1. I would like to see exclusive cons to different weapons on both sides, instead of them all having a counterpart.

Swords = Katanas- Hope we get different kinds of Katana except the base rank ones, Killing Katana anyone?
Lance = Naginatas- Same as Katanas, will probably have the base naginatas for each rank.
Axe = Mace- Most likely the counterpart.
Bow = Yumi- The Japanese bow is most likely the Hoshidan bow counterpart, they are large bows which can sometimes be larger than the shooter, as shown in a screenshot, Takumi's bow is very large compared to his body.
Magic Tome = Magic Talisman- Instead of Tomes, Hoshido will probably have Talismans, which we have seen in previous trailers being cast by Orochi. Hopefully we get 4 different elements, Ice, Nature & Water, and maybe an exclusive class that can use Light talismans, similar to the Dark Mage.
Staff = Baton- Probably the same, and due to the name of Sakura's baton, the Spring Festival baton, we are probably getting themed healing weapons, maybe some that raise stats, like Ward. I'm also quite intrigued by the talisman/card things when Sakura is casting her heal, but they are most likely just for decoration.
Dragonstones- The same, as Kamui can use them on both sides.
Shurikens = Knives- I have heard that this show these are gonna work, with you being able to use knives on the Nohr side, but Shurikens on Hoshido. I hope this isn't true though, because I want to be able to use both on one game, for diversity, I also think we are getting the Bronze, Iron, Steel, Silver & Brave line for knives & shurikens.

Last edited:

pokemonjeff

interested trader
Hehehe, he looks like the kind of guy who thinks he's amazing, like that one jock at High School that says "Is it awesome in here, or is it just me". He looks quite powerful tho

By the way they seem to be handling weapons in this game, I think I have figured out what the Hoshidan counterpart to each weapon will be, I think we are gonna get the usual Bronze, Iron, Steel, Silver & Brave for the counterparts too, and maybe some more magic imbrued weapons, like Rinka's mace from Trailer 1. I would like to see exclusive cons to different weapons on both sides, instead of them all having a counterpart.

Swords = Katanas- Hope we get different kinds of Katana except the base rank ones, Killing Katana anyone?
Lance = Naginatas- Same as Katanas, will probably have the base naginatas for each rank.
Axe = Mace- Most likely the counterpart.
Bow = Yumi- The Japanese bow is most likely the Hoshidan bow counterpart, they are large bows which can sometimes be larger than the shooter, as shown in a screenshot, Takumi's bow is very large compared to his body.
Magic Tome = Magic Talisman- Instead of Tomes, Hoshido will probably have Talismans, which we have seen in previous trailers being cast by Orochi. Hopefully we get 4 different elements, Ice, Nature & Water, and maybe an exclusive class that can use Light talismans, similar to the Dark Mage.
Staff = Baton- Probably the same, and due to the name of Sakura's baton, the Spring Festival baton, we are probably getting themed healing weapons, maybe some that raise stats, like Ward. I'm also quite intrigued by the talisman/card things when Sakura is casting her heal, but they are most likely just for decoration.
Dragonstones- The same, as Kamui can use them on both sides.
Shurikens = Knives- I have heard that this show these are gonna work, with you being able to use knives on the Nohr side, but Shurikens on Hoshido. I hope this isn't true though, because I want to be able to use both on one game, for diversity, I also think we are getting the Bronze, Iron, Steel, Silver & Brave line for knives & shurikens.

I thought the ninjas would be use the shurikens, and the maids/butlers would be using knives?

Since one of the ninjas and the maids follow you regardless, I would think you automatically will get both styles in one playthrough.

Or at least thats what I'm praying for, hidden weapons will get significantly too much use on my game.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I really hope that the blue haired maid isn't a maid class, because that would most likely mean at least 4 healers per route- Felicia, Joker, The Blue Haired maid, and either Elise or Sakura. To be fair, Awakening did have four(might be forgetting someone)- Lissa, Maribelle, Libra & Brady, but the fact that we have most likely have four healers already announced scares me a bit.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I really hope that the blue haired maid isn't a maid class, because that would most likely mean at least 4 healers per route- Felicia, Joker, The Blue Haired maid, and either Elise or Sakura. To be fair, Awakening did have four(might be forgetting someone)- Lissa, Maribelle, Libra & Brady, but the fact that we have most likely have four healers already announced scares me a bit.

FE6 and FE12 both give you three healers by like Chapter 4 or 5, and have multiple other staff users later in the game. Having numerous healers isn't a bad thing though, especially given that you're almost always forced to use one in any run.

Zachmac

- Improved story(probably)
- Weapon durability removed
- Support system largely the same as Awakening's(probably, considering it was a huge success and the pair up is coming back).
- Pair up system nerfed
- It's probably no longer Waifu Emblem(I mean, considering a huge portion of the cast are siblings of the avatar)
- More victory condition variety(in the Nohr route, at least)
- The bad guys and dark mages aren't all a bunch of crazy psychos anymore(Mustafa was like, the only sane guy in the entirety of Plegia. Even your Plegia recruits are nut jobs.)
- The dark knight guy seems to be able to use dark tomes.
- Magic being brought back into a weapon triangle of some sort.

It seems like they're going to be fixing almost every thing I want changed. If we get the following changes;
- For the option to keep your Kamui silent to come to the west this time(Am I the only one who actually prefers this?)
- For all of the class promotions to make sense(Trabadours losing their mounts when they promote into Battle Ceric? Why not make them Flacon Knights or something instead?)
- A combat preparation theme that doesn't stink
- Support options to make sense(Chrom/Lissa and you-know-who, for instance, is one of the huge ones)

...Then literally almost all of my problems with Awakening(and in some cases, FE in general) will have been fixed. But even if they don't do that, it sounds like I'm going to love this game regardless.

That combat preparation music bugs me more then it should...

R_N

- It's probably no longer Waifu Emblem(I mean, considering a huge portion of the cast are siblings of the avatar)

you say this but i bet that everyone is only really "siblings" which will thus be totally kosher
has to prep you for the eventual FE4 remake, you see

Zachmac

you say this but i bet that everyone is only really "siblings" which will thus be totally kosher
has to prep you for the eventual FE4 remake, you see
Only the Japanese version, at least.
In the West, S-ranking with siblings will make them your totally-not-romantic companions with bizarrely romantic supports conversations.

Little girls will still be entirely up for grabs, though.

R_N

Only the Japanese version, at least.
In the West, S-ranking with siblings will make them your totally-not-romantic companions with bizarrely romantic supports conversations.

s rank support, hard cut to a first person view of the other, fully voiced, sparkles encroach, background becomes pink

I'm so glad to be your.............[Friend]

*fades to white*

e: There are going to be so many "onee-chans" in the japanese script