• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I forgot about those because I've never used one.Guess they are.Dark Knights should've been named Mage Knights,though,because of their inability to use dark tomes.

Yeah, I don't know what was up with their reasoning on that. Have a DARK knight that can't wield dark tomes lol

R_N

Yeah, I don't know what was up with their reasoning on that. Have a DARK knight that can't wield dark tomes lol

I guess calling them Dark is to imply other things, like sturdier defenses, the color scheme and the abilities (Lifestealer, for instance)

Dark Fliers, on the otherhand, are just silly. Your signature dark flier had to have a unique ability, come on game.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I guess calling them Dark is to imply other things, like sturdier defenses, the color scheme and the abilities (Lifestealer, for instance)

Dark Fliers, on the otherhand, are just silly. Your signature dark flier had to have a unique ability, come on game.

Exactly, if they aren't gonna give them Dark Tomes, just make them Pegasus Mages.

Aurath8

It won't be that hard to improve Awakening's story.

I hope Mage Knights come back.I loved those.

Well Leon appears to be riding a horse in this scene and he definitely uses tomes. Awakening's Dark Knights therefore appear to be returning, now with actual dark magic by the looks of things! Leon has a purple tome in in the cutscene I linked and his official art.

Speaking of official art, here is all that we have so far if you haven't seen it already. Both Avatars, Aqua and, most recently, all Royal Siblings. I have to say I'm really liking the designs so far.

Recon

Link to a translation summation of full FE:If Famitsu interview.

Interesting points to note
- Javelins & Hand axes cannot double anymore
- More characters than Awakening
- Nohr has more Cavaliers, Hoshido has Samurais
- Swords & Katanas have slightly different properties
- Hoshido gets Pegasus Warriors, not knights, and class isn't gender-locked. Can wield Bows upon promotion (?).
- New Promotion item: Parallel Seal. Allows for reclassing, but level is not reset upon changing class. Unknown if second seals exist.
- New Class: Strategist. Not to be confused with Tactician of Awakening. Horseback unit that uses staves and tomes, similar to Awakening Valkyries.
- Characters may only have two class branches
- Cavalier can promote into Paladin & Great Knight as expected
- Rod Knight likely promotes into Butler/Maid and Strategist

R_N

Link to a translation summation of full FE:If Famitsu interview.

Interesting points to note
"We will make bows worth it no matter what the cost
[/quote]
- Hoshido gets Pegasus Warriors, not knights, and class isn't gender-locked. Can wield Bows upon promotion (?).
- New Promotion item: Parallel Seal. Allows for reclassing, but level is not reset upon changing class. Unknown if second seals exist.
- New Class: Strategist. Not to be confused with Tactician of Awakening. Horseback unit that uses staves and tomes, similar to Awakening Valkyries.
- Cavalier can promote into Paladin & Great Knight as expected

the reclassing changes sound interesting.
I hope despite having more characters than Awakening, there's still a ton of supports.

Zachmac

This nerf is an indirect buff to bows, and a huge one, at that.
Including Awakening's future children and spotpass characters? Yikes.
This was kind of a no-brainer.
This has also been implied.
I always assumed that pegasi were just extremely sexist or something and only let women ride on their back. It's good to know not all of those feathered horses are radical feminist.

Between this and the female Oni(which looks like it is basically just the new version of Fighter,) it seems like they're getting rid of gender-locked classes altogether(with the exception of counterparts like Maid/Butler, of course). This means no more accidentally sexist things like boys getting Dread Fighter and girls getting Bride, so I welcome this change.
Interesting. I wonder how skills are going to work with this.
Interesting name. Mage Knight would of been even more fitting in some ways, considering Nohr's setting.
I'm fine with this. This means less broken skill combinations, and also less weird re-classes. Chrom the archer just doesn't make sense.
Somehow knights becoming butlers makes sense? ...Eh, battle butlers don't make sense in the first place. I'll let this slide.
But this just gives even more reason why Strategist should of been called "Mage Knight".

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I mean we're still working off of Japanese names here so I'm sure a lot of these names won't be what we see when the game is localized. Cavaliers are still called Social Knights in the Japanese games for one.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I mean we're still working off of Japanese names here so I'm sure a lot of these names won't be what we see when the game is localized. Cavaliers are still called Social Knights in the Japanese games for one.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of the class names will get changed in translation, I think that Rod Knight will become Troubadour and Strategist will become Valkyrie.
Now we have examples of reclassing(Joker & the Parallel Seal), I'm gonna predict the promotions for some units.

Sakura- Priestess(Batons) > Duchess(Batons & Yumi(Bow equivalent))& Sage(Batons & Talisman Magic)- I think one of her promotions will be something like Duchess(a new class in other words) that uses Yumi, because artwork for the Fire Emblem TCG shows Sakura in what looks like an advanced class, going at it with Elise using a bow. Sage because it seems sensible, but War Priestess could make sense as well.
Takumi- Bowman(Yumi) > Sniper(Yumi) & Bow Knight(Yumi & Katanas)- I think they will play it safe with the usual Archer promotions, but they could surprise us(a Yumi & Mace class please)
Hinoka- Pegasus Warrior(Naginatas) > Pegasus Archer?(Naginatas & Yumi) & Dark Flier(Naginatas & Talisman Magic)- We already have confirmation about the whole Pegasus Warrior upgrade being able to use bows, so someone like Pegasus Archer is confirmed, and I think we will most likely have Falcon Knight replaced in my opinion.
Elise- Rod Knight(Staves) > Maid(Staves & Hidden Weapons) & Strategist(Staves & Tome Magic)- these are both confirmed as we have that screenshot of Joker's reclassing screen.

Zachmac

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of the class names will get changed in translation, I think that Rod Knight will become Troubadour and Strategist will become Valkyrie.
Now we have examples of reclassing(Joker & the Parallel Seal), I'm gonna predict the promotions for some units.
I'm pretty sure Valkyrie won't be the name of the class. By it's broadest and most common RPG definition, Valkyrie means "female warrior". Mage Knight seems more likely.
Sakura- Priestess(Batons) > Duchess(Batons & Yumi(Bow equivalent))& Sage(Batons & Talisman Magic)- I think one of her promotions will be something like Duchess(a new class in other words) that uses Yumi, because artwork for the Fire Emblem TCG shows Sakura in what looks like an advanced class, going at it with Elise using a bow. Sage because it seems sensible, but War Priestess could make sense as well.
The TCG shows here with a bow, huh? Could I see this picture?
Were'd you get the name "dutchess" from, though? I believe Japanese priestesses carried sacred bows of some sort, though I'm no expert on Japanese culture.
Hinoka- Pegasus Warrior(Naginatas) > Pegasus Archer?(Naginatas & Yumi) & Dark Flier(Naginatas & Talisman Magic)- We already have confirmation about the whole Pegasus Warrior upgrade being able to use bows, so someone like Pegasus Archer is confirmed, and I think we will most likely have Falcon Knight replaced in my opinion.
I dunno, we've had Falcon Knights around for longer then we've had Dark Fliers. It could go either way.
Heck, Falcon Knights have had their side weapons swapped around in the past. Maybe this time we'll get Falcon Warriors who use bows. The lack of a flying healer will make me sad, though. Falcon Knights were such nifty utility units in Awakening.

Last edited:

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I'm pretty sure Valkyrie won't be the name of the class. By it's broadest and most common RPG definition, Valkyrie means "female warrior". Mage Knight seems more likely.
The TCG shows here with a bow, huh? Could I see this picture?
Were'd you get the name "dutchess" from, though? I believe Japanese priestesses carried sacred bows of some sort, though I'm no expert on Japanese culture.
Takumi- Bowman(Yumi) > Sniper(Yumi) & Bow Knight(Yumi & Katanas)- I think they will play it safe with the usual Archer promotions, but they could surprise us(a Yumi & Mace class please)
I dunno, we've had Falcon Knights around for longer then we've had Dark Fliers. It could go either way.

This is the image with Sakura & Elise: http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/cipher-stream-04.jpg
And here is two 'original' characters: http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/cipher-stream-06.jpg - I hope that the one on the right is a new class that uses Hidden Weapons and Tomes.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I love how Japan stresses the peace loving, perfect country based of them that gets invaded, coming from the country that's started every war they've been in.

Zachmac

I love how Japan stresses the peace loving, perfect country based of them that gets invaded, coming from the country that's started every war they've been in.
I find this rather ironic myself...but hey, maybe we'll see some of Hoshido's darker side on the Nohr route. I have a feeling that version of the game won't be as black and white as the Hoshido route will be.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

That's true. Maybe we'll see some hostile undertones from Hoshido that provoked the war that is about to happen. I don't know for sure though, I'm trying to keep my visits to this thread (or just mainly spoilers) to a minimum so I'll be surprised when I play the game.