• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
To be fair, how many nations ever depict themselves as the bad guy?

America does quite a bit, even Call of Duty has had American villains but no one plays that for story.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
tbh, I kinda hope they drop Dark Fliers instead of Falcon knights because from what experience I've had, tomes are almost always better than bows, and the last thing we need is classes that are outclassed in every single way. Also, the name 'Dark Flier' implies dark magic, which they can't use outside of that hacker Aversa, basically meaning that the class is lying to you. Galeforce can either be reworked or hopefully cut, we don't need it any longer. To me, it's debatable whether or not we actually needed it in the first place...

On a separate note, I hope now there's less/no Sword/Tome or Axe/Bow classes because of the triangle change. The whole point of those second weapons was a way to negate the triangle IMO, which means the new triangle renders them bad/useless. Although, Dark Knights with dark weaponry and tomes does sound completely badass.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
On a separate note, I hope now there's less/no Sword/Tome or Axe/Bow classes because of the triangle change. The whole point of those second weapons was a way to negate the triangle IMO, which means the new triangle renders them bad/useless. Although, Dark Knights with dark weaponry and tomes does sound completely badass.
They may drop Sword/Tome,but Warriors have been wielding bows since their introduction in 4,with only 10 not having them wield them.If they brought that back for 11,12 and 13,I doubt they would cut them now.They are the only Axe/Bow wielders,anyway (At least in my recent memory).

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I don't know how reliable this is (or if it has been discussed yet), but here goes nothing.

It contains many new characters profile, including a childhood friend (Cyrus) who follows you whatever path you choose, servants, an awesome muscled female character (Rinka) and a few skills unique to some characters.
There also appears to be characters from the Fire Clan and the Wind Clan. If the translations are correct, I expect to see Water Clan and Earth Clan in the future.
Still depending on whether this post is to be trusted, the implication of Takumi's servant having a crush on him gives me hope that unions/couples will come back.

Last edited:

Zachmac

I don't know how reliable this is (or if it has been discussed yet), but here goes nothing.
I swear, every time I look away, more FE:IF news comes out. Not that it's a bad thing.
Still depending on whether this post is to be trusted, the implication of Takumi's servant having a crush on him gives me hope that unions/couples will come back.
Eh, I doubt we'll be seeing any future children in this game, so there really is no point in marriage this time. Supports in Awakening were set up in such a way that male characters mostly just had female supports, and vice versa. I'd rather them pick support options that make sense over potential marriage options.

Besides, support conversations can be fun even if there is no romance involved, right? Just as long as they don't limit them down to 5 again, I'm good.

Edit: Oh, and it's Chrom's birthday today. Yay for him, I guess.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

It contains many new characters profile, including a childhood friend (Cyrus) who follows you whatever path you choose, servants, an awesome muscled female character (Rinka) and a few skills unique to some characters.
There also appears to be characters from the Fire Clan and the Wind Clan. If the translations are correct, I expect to see Water Clan and Earth Clan in the future.

Ah, so Gaston is Harold, who's extremely unlucky/unfortunate. Nice reference there.

I think my favorite of the bunch is probably Elfie though, I like her design and she could be useful with that skill.

Recon

Seems that info is legit, new translated Famitsu scans here

- Mentions parallel seals and master seal, nothing on second seals. Hints that there may be more promotion items.
- Samurais become Trueblades or Weapon Masters. Trueblades specialize in speed and wield Swords (Katanas), Weapon masters uses Swords (Katana), Lance (Naginata), and Axe (Konbu)
- You can only move units once a turn (with one exception) AKA: GALEFORCE HAS BEEN REMOVED
- Characters previously mentioned are the same.
- Character-specific skills as previously mentioned.
- New Lancer class skills: Forbid Defense and Substitute
- Forbid Defense: Reduces defense of enemies they attack by 6
- Substitute: Can switch places with a unit immediately next to them

Last edited:

Zachmac

Alright, I'll throw out some quick thoughts here;
-Weapon Master sounds like an alright class. If it has a particularly good power-to-speed ratio, I'll consider using one.
-Hinata's Forlorn just sounds like a nerfed version of counter. I wonder if this means we won't be getting the counter skill back? I certainly won't miss it, and I know all of those crazy people who braved Lunatic+ mode in Awakening won't miss it either.
-Elfie's Super Strength could make her a good Great Knight.
-Harold's Unlucky Soul just sounds hilarious. Anyway...keeping a guy with a Killing Edge or a similar weapon near him sounds like a good plan. They'll be landing a lot more crits thanks to that unfortunate "skill" of his.
-Oboro's Nohr Hater ability sounds really good, considering that they'll be your main enemy on the Hoshido route.
-Forbid defense looks like it takes place after attacking a unit? Could be useful on boss fights.
-Substitute...that's it, I'm definitely going to be using Oboro on my Hoshido run.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Article on SerenesForest.

Man, this game looks more epic every day. A few things:

- Parallel seals don't work like Second Seal, though they are similar: the only differences are that with a Parallel Seal, you can't switch from a promoted class to an unpromoted class (or vice versa) like you could with Second Seals in Awakening, and your level isn't resetted to 1 after use of a Parallel Seal.
- Felicia (Maid) is seen using a Parallel Seal to become a Brave Hero/Bow Knight/Strategist, meaning that Maids most likely have access to the Mercenary branch and Rod Knight branch.
- Still unclear about Oboro's gender.
- SUBSTITUTE THOUGH

Recon

- Felicia (Maid) is seen using a Parallel Seal to become a Brave Hero/Bow Knight/Strategist, meaning that Maids most likely have access to the Mercenary branch and Rod Knight branch.

I doubt it. Joker is a Butler which is the male equivalent of the Maid Class. However, he gets access to the Paladin and great Knight classes, as well as Butler and Strategist. Therefore. it isn't MAIDS that get access to Mercenary and Rod Knight classes, but only Felicia.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I doubt it. Joker is a Butler which is the male equivalent of the Maid Class. However, he gets access to the Paladin and great Knight classes, as well as Butler and Strategist. Therefore. it isn't MAIDS that get access to Mercenary and Rod Knight classes, but only Felicia.

Are we certain Maids and Butlers would get the same class branches upon using seals ? Maid may be the "female equivalent" to Butler, but does thta automatically mean they would get to improve into the same classes ? Unless it's been confirmed that they would get the same classes, it's still a possibility.

Recon

Are we certain Maids and Butlers would get the same class branches upon using seals ? Maid may be the "female equivalent" to Butler, but does thta automatically mean they would get to improve into the same classes ? Unless it's been confirmed that they would get the same classes, it's still a possibility.

Class changing is a relatively new so it's hard to draw from previous examples. However, I'll work with what we have so far in order to prove your wrong and boost my self-fulfilling ego.

In Shadow Dragon, there were 3 different base class sets. 2 for males, 1 for females. Each male set contained 5 base classes while females had 6 base classes. Most characters were given one of these sets. Depending on what class the character started out as, they would use the set that included their class. As such, some of these characters shared the same base classes.

Now let's look at Awakening for a moment then. Every non-child character besides Robin had 3 different base classes. Those characters never shared the same 3 base classes.

As you can see, the way each game handles reclassing is quite different. What you suggest would be much like the way Shadow Dragon handled reclassing, with certain classes obtaining access to a class in a specific set.

Now here are my counterpoints to your theory. As revealed, characters only have two base class sets to choose from. Given this information, following what you're suggesting, and all the classes that have been revealed so far, we would likely need a lot different class sets. It probably wouldn't be too hard to program, but at that point, we might as well give characters their own unique class sets.

Secondly, this game is likely to take after Awakening more than Shadow Dragon if most of the information that has been revealed to us is to be trusted. As such, reclassing will more likely follow Awakening's style rather than Shadow Dragon's.

Now here's my last big counterpoint which follows the first counterpoint. What you suggest that is all Rod Knights have access to the Mercenary branch, while all female mercenaries have access to the Rod Knight branch. We already know that Elise is a Rod Knight. As of right now, we do not know what she is able to reclass into, but from what you suggest, she would be able to reclass into a female mercenary. If that's the case, then your theory holds more water. However, there is also the unnamed blue-haired Maid. If she also has access to the Mercenary branch, then your theory is most likely true.

As of right now, I'm more inclined to believe that the available reclass options are character specific and not class-specific. Here is my reasoning, and I feel it holds moer water than what you are suggesting. Feel free to debate my points, and I love a good debate.

Really? I could of sworn I read that Oboro was a she...and even if I didn't, I'm still pretty confident she is one.

I'm pretty sure the chestplate speaks for itself, and at the same time, she harbors a crush on her male superior. But for all we know, IS may want to get females playing by putting yaoi on the table.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Really? I could of sworn I read that Oboro was a she...and even if I didn't, I'm still pretty confident she is one.
I just pointed out a few informations SerenesForest had in their article on the newest releases. I think she's a female too.
Class changing is a relatively new so it's hard to draw from previous examples. However, I'll work with what we have so far in order to prove your wrong and boost my self-fulfilling ego.

In Shadow Dragon, there were 3 different base class sets. 2 for males, 1 for females. Each male set contained 5 base classes while females had 6 base classes. Most characters were given one of these sets. Depending on what class the character started out as, they would use the set that included their class. As such, some of these characters shared the same base classes.

Now let's look at Awakening for a moment then. Every non-child character besides Robin had 3 different base classes. Those characters never shared the same 3 base classes.

As you can see, the way each game handles reclassing is quite different. What you suggest would be much like the way Shadow Dragon handled reclassing, with certain classes obtaining access to a class in a specific set.

Now here are my counterpoints to your theory. As revealed, characters only have two base class sets to choose from. Given this information, following what you're suggesting, and all the classes that have been revealed so far, we would likely need a lot different class sets. It probably wouldn't be too hard to program, but at that point, we might as well give characters their own unique class sets.

Secondly, this game is likely to take after Awakening more than Shadow Dragon if most of the information that has been revealed to us is to be trusted. As such, reclassing will more likely follow Awakening's style rather than Shadow Dragon's.

Now here's my last big counterpoint which follows the first counterpoint. What you suggest that is all Rod Knights have access to the Mercenary branch, while all female mercenaries have access to the Rod Knight branch. We already know that Elise is a Rod Knight. As of right now, we do not know what she is able to reclass into, but from what you suggest, she would be able to reclass into a female mercenary. If that's the case, then your theory holds more water. However, there is also the unnamed blue-haired Maid. If she also has access to the Mercenary branch, then your theory is most likely true.

As of right now, I'm more inclined to believe that the available reclass options are character specific and not class-specific. Here is my reasoning, and I feel it holds moer water than what you are suggesting. Feel free to debate my points, and I love a good debate.

Thanks for that answer, honestly! I won't lie to you, I am no expert in Fire Emblem (some history on a previous game is never unwelcomed), or one in debates. What I mentioned earlier about Maid being related to Rod Knights and Mercenaries is, like I said above, all on SerenesForest:
SerenesForest said:
Another example we’re given is Felicia using a Parallel Seal to swap from Maid to Brave Hero, Bow Knight or Strategist. This implies she has access to the Mercenary (-> Brave Hero/Bow Knight) and Rod Knight (-> Strategist/Maid) class branches.
I don't know how far we should trust SerenesForest's information translations, but so far, I'd say they have a good record. Unless they've made a mistake, I had all the reasons in the world to think they spoke true (adding to that my naive nature).
Now who is right and who is wrong, I'm not in position to decide, or even to guess, because what you said is also true and clever. But I was simply pointing out information from a source that, so far, made little to no mistake on translating scans/screenshots of the upcoming games.

Last edited:

Recon

I just pointed out a few informations SerenesForest had in their article on the newest releases. I think she's a female too.

Thanks for that answer, honestly! I won't lie to you, I am no expert in Fire Emblem (some history on a previous game is never unwelcomed), or one in debates. What I mentioned earlier about Maid being related to Rod Knights and Mercenaries is, like I said above, all on SerenesForest:

I don't know how far we should trust SerenesForest's information translations, but so far, I'd say they have a good record. Unless they've made a mistake, I had all the reasons in the world to think they spoke true (adding to that my naive nature).
Now who is right and who is wrong, I'm not in position to decide, or even to guess, because what you said is also true and clever. But I was simply pointing out information from a source that, so far, made little to no mistake on translating scans/screenshots of the upcoming games.

Ah if that's the case, I think you interpreted their words differently than expected. See, when they mentioned Felicia had access to both the Rod Knight and Mercenary branches, they meant, that Felicia herself has access to them, not the Maid class. Perhaps that's why you interpreted it differently than most others.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Ah if that's the case, I think you interpreted their words differently than expected. See, when they mentioned Felicia had access to both the Rod Knight and Mercenary branches, they meant, that Felicia herself has access to them, not the Maid class. Perhaps that's why you interpreted it differently than most others.

See, this is what I'm talking about! :D
It didn't occur to me that different characters from the same class could get access to different class branches... I thought it was all uniform (with the exception of children, who inherit classes). Wasn't it that way in Awakening ?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
See, this is what I'm talking about! :D
It didn't occur to me that different characters from the same class could get access to different class branches... I thought it was all uniform (with the exception of children, who inherit classes). Wasn't it that way in Awakening ?

Nah, all class changes were completely dependent on the character. Cordelia and Sumia for example didn't both have the same class set for one, Cordelia had Pegasus Knight/Mercenary/Mage while Sumia had Pegasus Knight/Knight/Cleric. Same with Stahl and Sully who had Archer and Wyvern Rider respectively despite both having Cavalier and Myrmidon.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Hmm. tbh, FE:A still confuses me a bit as to why most non-gender-specific promoted classes have swords.