• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
True. From personal experience, healers were often the ones actually needing healing the most. tbh, in FE:A, healers were just a bit meh. Maribelle and Lissa took forever to hit even level 10, and I'm yet to get either of them to level 20 in their base class. Brady and Libra were exceptions, because Brady starts at level 10, so you can change his class straight off the bat, and Libra's already promoted and capable of actually doing stuff. Don't get me started on Tricksters. They are awful healers.

Aurath8

I only have two words to say about Mikoto: Anime aging.
Either that or Dragon Blood is working its magic. Whatever it is she looks fine for 40-something.

And yay more info. Between the direct, official site and weekly famitsu news, it seems this game is hardly without new stuff recently revealed for it.

Foxy the Hoshido Zoroark's skill sounds nice, but a bit situational. Healers shouldn't be taking damage anyway so I only really see this being useful in lategame when staff users will also be fighting. Also if this is translated well and I'm reading correctly, it only works like this if you heal a unit with Gratitude.

Ambush Duty meanwhile looks really good. She's a Wyvern rider so she'll have access to Hand Axes, which could make for really useful chip damage. With archers as well there's quite a number of enemies against which this is useful.
Nyx also gets a mini-magic Counter, which is also great.

As usual Famitsu's digital version is released at around midnight in Japan on Wednesday, so sometime tomorrow for most of the world.

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Meh. tbh, healers in general aren't too common late-game, because of how long it takes to level up the original healers, and the Sages/Falcon Knights have to start off from E rank, and staves took forever to rank up. In FE:A, anyway. I hope they change the first part of that.

Akashin

Foxy the Hoshido Zoroark's skill sounds nice, but a bit situational. Healers shouldn't be taking damage anyway so I only really see this being useful in lategame when staff users will also be fighting. Also if this is translated well and I'm reading correctly, it only works like this if you heal a unit with Gratitude.

Well, yeah, that's how Gratitude works; when the unit with Gratitude is healed, the one doing the healing gets a nifty half-heal for their effort. Which will undoubtedly see more value in the late game, like you said, but sometimes a healer takes an errant arrow or something that Gratitude could help deal with.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
IDK. For me, healers always seem to end up in the danger zone, cos that's where the damaged unit is, and the damaged unit can't get out of the danger zone.

Also, reminds me of an avatar I made on FE:A. Great Knight, with Pavise, Aegis, Lifetaker, Counter and Ignis/Luna, all stats capped. I don't think it was ever below three-quarters health.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Also, reminds me of an avatar I made on FE:A. Great Knight, with Pavise, Aegis, Lifetaker, Counter and Ignis/Luna, all stats capped. I don't think it was ever below three-quarters health.
I had a Grandmaster,all stats capped,with Limit Breaker,Lifetaker,Galeforce,Tome Fare, and Ignis,and it never got damaged.It was on my old main file,which I deleted for the sake of marrying Inigo.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Gratitude is definitely going to be helpful, especially since I'm someone who plays casual and doesn't entirely calculate my every move. I sometimes get myself into a lot of trouble when I play. The character itself, Nishiki, is neat as well, I'm excited to use him. I wonder if fox spirits are the Taguel equivalents of this game.

I'm in love with Kazahana. I like her role of Sakura's subordinate, I love her appearance and I love her skill, too. Definitely going to have a fun time with her.

Tsubaki is okay. His skill looks rather interesting, and will be good for early games. Cool to see he expects a lot of himself and is not some kind of arrogant brat.

Belka looks really cool. And her skill is pretty strong, too. Totally shipping her with Camilla. >:3 Luna, or should I say Severa's twin, has an interesting personality, though I think her skill is a bit too situational to actually use it properly.

I already loved Nyx from past Famitsu leaks, and I like her even more with her Magic-Counter-like skill. Really neat altogether!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I might as well give my analysis of the characters that stand out to me. Unlike Awakening where it was easy to choose my favorites, If is being really difficult since they're all nicely designed in my opinion:

• Tsukuyomi's eyes are really unsettling to me. I don't mind the design but those eyes...

• Benoit is probably my favorite male character in If so far. He's almost like Brady minus the crybaby part and more buff.

• I actually like Charlotte and Camilla's designs. I know some complain about them for being a bit "fanservice-y" but I like Camilla for her deep caring personality. Charlotte being a female Fighter is also pretty unique and her design seems to make sense because of how Fighter's dress (at least I know Fighters in Awakening weren't fully covered).

• Cyrus has a nice and simple design and frankly I'm happy he's a neutral character.

• Orochi and Rinka are tied as my favorite female characters because the former has a pretty sweet hairstyle personally and the latter screams "powerful unit" to me.

• Hinoka is also pretty cool imo even if she shares a somewhat similar color scheme to Cordelia and doesn't have the long hair. I find Pegasus Knights fun to use so hopefully she's great.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
So the full scans of Famitsu have been released:

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/fami0406-1.jpg
http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/fami0406-2.jpg
http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/fami0406-2.jpg
http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/fami0406-4.jpg

Belka: Alright, she is my favourite of all the new units revealed in this issue, she looks so interesting. I both love & hate the fact that almost all units revealed are potential S-Supports for me, on my Nohr path where I'm male, I'm conflicted on marrying either Belka or Elfie, I guess I'll have to do multiple runs through both versions then. I also like her skill, giving the chance to get more damage off of slower units, and Wyvern Riders are usually faster, so this looks like a Skill which will get some use in my runs.
Seve.. um Luna: Quite annoyed that she is actually a new unit, was hoping that she was a redesigned Severa brought into the game via the Fire Emblem Cipher TCG. Apart from that, her personality and fighting capabilities are similar to Severa too, so not to excited about her, first time I've said that about this game. Her Skill, Competitive looks good, giving a crit if the paired unit gets a crit, but it probs won't get a lot of use as a crit usually one hits in the first place, so two isn't really necessary.
Nyx: At first when we only had her design and name, I kinda had a Tharja clone vibe, but now that we have more details on character, I'm actually liking her. First she has a very mature personality for her age, compared to Tharja who had the other kind of mature personality when it came to clothing and the avatar, and her Personal Skill is really good, giving a counter attack against a magic user.
Nishiki: So guys, we've found our laguz type shapeshifter for Hoshido, it makes a lot of sense that it's a Kitsune type animal. The guy himself looks a mix of Yarne & Vaike, looking confident but very alert at once. His skill is one of the best I've seen so far, Gratitude heals Staff users by 50% if they heal Nishiki, which helps with the struggle of choosing between healing yourself with a Vulnerary or healing someone else.
Kazahana: This girl adds to the Waifu struggle as I like to call it, she looks like the powerful yet cheery unit who always has your back when you need her during battles, and she is a frickin' Samurai, a renamed Myrmidon, one of my favourite classes, and her skill, damn taking down all adjacent enemies' HP by 20% when you take down an enemy.
Tsubaki: So this confirms it, the Hoshido gender wars are currently on hold, Tsubaki, Tsukuyomi & Hinata are male, and Oboro is a girl. So it's confirmed that Pegasus Warriors aren't gender-locked this time, yay. His skill is pretty good, when HP is full Hit Rate & Avoid +15.
Charlotte: So, a mix of Maribelle & Noire it seems, very posh on the outside, and a very savage, nasty, gold-digger on the inside. Her class suits her well, and I think the fanbase will be split in two- For Charlotte & Against Charlotte, similar to Tharja's split fanbase.
Benoit: Aww, the opposite of Charlotte, his tough, steel armour shell is hiding his true emotions on the inside, and I will definitely be marrying him to Charlotte, imagine the supports!

Zachmac

Belka: Alright, she is my favourite of all the new units revealed in this issue, she looks so interesting. I both love & hate the fact that almost all units revealed are potential S-Supports for me, on my Nohr path where I'm male, I'm conflicted on marrying either Belka or Elfie, I guess I'll have to do multiple runs through both versions then. I also like her skill, giving the chance to get more damage off of slower units, and Wyvern Riders are usually faster, so this looks like a Skill which will get some use in my runs.
Well, we don't know if S-ranks are returning, or if they'll even work they way they did in Awakening if they do. I guess they might return, since they were such a big hit in Awakening. But without the future children gimmick, there isn't really much more of a point to it then that.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I might be looking too much into this, but I don’t think I’m taking it too seriously. Hoshido and Nohr almost remind me of the principles behind Reshiram and Zekrom. Hoshido is the side you were truly born in, yet Nohr wants to seek glory as their ideal state by having you on their side.

Once again, I’m not taking this too seriously, but I do wonder if there is an overlapping Asiatic philosophy that shows up.

Probably not.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Well, we don't know if S-ranks are returning, or if they'll even work they way they did in Awakening if they do. I guess they might return, since they were such a big hit in Awakening. But without the future children gimmick, there isn't really much more of a point to it then that.

I'm pretty sure that a Support-like system is in this game, however, there has been hints in translations which imply the the mode where you rub your companions is replacing Support conversations, which I'm really disappointed with.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I'm pretty sure that a Support-like system is in this game, however, there has been hints in translations which imply the the mode where you rub your companions is replacing Support conversations, which I'm really disappointed with.
If it is,I will have lost faith in IS.Support conversations are one of my favourite parts of Fire Emblem.Especially since there are some funny ones.

Zachmac

I'm also fairly certain that there will be a support system. It's been in every Fire Emblem so far.

What I'm questioning is the S-Rank marriage system, which is only really in Awakening.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
To be fair Shadow Dragon did actually have support bonuses but yeah, formal support conversations like we know them now didn't come around until FE6. Though they have been in every game since then bar Shadow Dragon. To varying degrees.

Zachmac

It hasn't, actually.
Oh, uh...
I'm mostly uneducated in most FE games before FE7. So I'll rephrase that.

The support conversation system has been in every modern Fire Emblem game, and every FE game that's made it to the west.

Akashin

Oh, uh...
I'm mostly uneducated in most FE games before FE7. So I'll rephrase that.

The support conversation system has been in every modern Fire Emblem game, and every FE game that's made it to the west.

Except, again, Shadow Dragon (FE11, not FE1).