• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The only time you really needed to specifically plan out the children is Lunatic+, and playing that is a mistake in the first place.

The only time you really needed to specifically plan out the children is Lunatic+, and playing that is a mistake in the first place.
Beat on lunatic but nothing after that. And yeah, it was beyond hell. Definitely enjoyed the game more playing on the easiest difficulty with death disabled. Don't like to see my characters kick the bucket :(

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
So the person who wrote the FEif articles in Dengeki apparently didn't marry any unit together or recruit children in his play through making marriage completely optional... Likewise, units can support with a lot of characters, but marriage is restricted between certain units (meaning units probably have the marriage range of Sumia and Chrom) producing unique children... Whether the avatar has this limit is yet to be seen.

MarcusKincaid

Meh. That argument could be the reason for any of the postgame characters, except possibly Aversa, because Shadowgift's one of the best skills ever on Morgan.
Shadow Gift is useless, he can be a Sorcerer and Sorcerer > Sage when it comes to using Dark Magic, what you lose in Magic, Skill and Speed you more than make up in with Defense and Res + the Extra skill slot. Even a filler skill like All Stats +2 brings your Magic to being equal as well as your Speed leaving the only stat that's worse than a Sage a -3 Skl meanwhile you get +12 Def and +6 Res

Gangrel. He comes after Chapter 25, where almost all of the game will be finished let alone having to build up an S support. He's a first gen unit too who doesn't offer any extra classes, skills, great stat modifiers or anything really that other characters can't provide earlier and just as good.
Also he tries to kill you.

Gangrel gives +3 and +3 skill a total modification of +2 like the other end game units making Gangrel one of the better fathers for Morgan who has all the non-special class anyway. Losing Luck and Def are irrelevant and -2 Str doesn't mean anything in the long run.

bobjr

Staff member
Walhart is the best male Morgan spotpass dad because it makes him half zombie.

Zachmac

Shadow Gift is useless, he can be a Sorcerer and Sorcerer > Sage when it comes to using Dark Magic, what you lose in Magic, Skill and Speed you more than make up in with Defense and Res + the Extra skill slot. Even a filler skill like All Stats +2 brings your Magic to being equal as well as your Speed leaving the only stat that's worse than a Sage a -3 Skl meanwhile you get +12 Def and +6 Res.
Sages aren't the only other magic units.

While I don't have a Shadow Gift Morgan, I do really like Dark Knights myself. It'd be pretty cool to have one who can use dark magic. Nosferatu and Aversa's Night are just too good.

Recon

While I don't have a Shadow Gift Morgan, I do really like Dark Knights myself. It'd be pretty cool to have one who can use dark magic. Nosferatu and Aversa's Night are just too good.

I mean they have Lifetaker, so they really do not need Noserferatu or Aversa's Night.

MarcusKincaid

I mean they have Lifetaker, so they really do not need Noserferatu or Aversa's Night.
Aversa's Knight and Nosferatu are far more exploitable than Lifetaker. Dark magic makes you essentially immune to damage doubly so when coupled with Vengeance and Vantage you can retaliate ad infinitum.

The only reason you'd take something other than a Sorcerer, Sage, Grandmaster, or Dread Fighter (male only) is for movement speed. Dark Knights have low stats relative to most other classes and Dark Fliers are better than Dark Knights in the majority of cases in mobility granted that only applies to female Morgan, but for Males you have the much stronger Dread Fighter. It's a waste to gimp your best unit for slightly increased mobility so it's Sorcerer abusing Aversa's Knight, Sage abusing Celica's Gale stacking as much magic as possible or Grandmaster abusing Celica's Gale and a Brave Sword for mixed defense coverage. (Dread Fighter abusing mixed defense like the Grandmaster and the Dread Fighter is better than the Grandmaster.)

Zachmac

The only reason you'd take something other than a Sorcerer, Sage, Grandmaster, or Dread Fighter (male only) is for movement speed. Dark Knights have low stats relative to most other classes and Dark Fliers are better than Dark Knights in the majority of cases in mobility granted that only applies to female Morgan, but for Males you have the much stronger Dread Fighter. It's a waste to gimp your best unit for slightly increased mobility so it's Sorcerer abusing Aversa's Knight, Sage abusing Celica's Gale stacking as much magic as possible or Grandmaster abusing Celica's Gale and a Brave Sword for mixed defense coverage. (Dread Fighter abusing mixed defense like the Grandmaster and the Dread Fighter is better than the Grandmaster.)
Well, I always mention Dark Knights first because they have higher defense and no arrow weaknesses in comparison to Dark Fliers...but I guess arrows aren't really a huge problem with Pair Up and Galeforce.

I guess I just don't overthink this too much because I'm not the Lunatic+ type of player. I just figured Nosferatu on a Dark Knight sounded nice. Too bad it's incompatible with Dread Fighter.

bobjr

Staff member
No one is the Lunatic+ type of player unless they hate themselves or are very stupid.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
You see, I always had issues with the stats of Sorcerors. The defense payoff was never good enough. That and there are precious few decent ones on your side. Henry is god-awful at everything, Tharja's passable, Libra's meh regardless of role, Miriel's frail af, and the children... They usually have better classes than Sorceror unless they've been geared towards a Magic-based class, in which case, I usually pick the Sage, because speed and power is almost always better than defenses.

MarcusKincaid

You see, I always had issues with the stats of Sorcerors. The defense payoff was never good enough. That and there are precious few decent ones on your side. Henry is god-awful at everything, Tharja's passable, Libra's meh regardless of role, Miriel's frail af, and the children... They usually have better classes than Sorceror unless they've been geared towards a Magic-based class, in which case, I usually pick the Sage, because speed and power is almost always better than defenses.

Power rarely matters it's Spd that is the determining factor for just about everything, the actual Mag/Str stat matters very little when Brave stacking for 12 attacks, further more Skl is a bigger factor than Mag/Str as it aids in the determination of Support Attacks. 100% Dual Support is obtainable with 3 units Chrom and Lucina are pretty easy to hit the 100, but the 3rd is a specific combination of Skl stacked children. Miriel is one of the better magic users you get, being a sorcerer solves that Def problem. Tharja is the best magic unit you get in the main game since it's a caps game in the end +3 Mag and +1 Spd, on top of that she has good growths. Henry is complicated he doesn't lose much of anything consequential and makes a good father to most children so you want to level him for the easy starting stats of the children, but he doesn't bring any modifiers of anything consequential.

Objectively there are very few classes better than Sorcerer, being able to exploit Aversa's Night makes you more durable than General's or War Cleric's respectively and unlike them you don't have an exploitable attack type. Magic is better than physical weapons in most cases Res is lower than Def by a large margin. You can make an argument for the hybrid classes having an advantage and whilst they may deal more damage they sacrifice utility of being able to heal if something does get past the broken dual guard system. Vantage/Vengeance/Aversa's is just a modifier on an all ready strong combination which ensures that you're healing enough of your HP when you need it.

No one is the Lunatic+ type of player unless they hate themselves or are very stupid.
Problem is that Lunatic+ isn't harder it's just an exercise in the RNG which is pretty poor and uninteresting in design.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
...I was talking about Miriel as a Sorceror. That class does not improve her defenses much. Also, by the time you get to the stage where Brave stacking is actually viable, it's not needed because most of my units are capped anyway, and they'll drop most enemies on a round or two. As for Streetpass, I gave up on that ages back.

MarcusKincaid

...I was talking about Miriel as a Sorceror. That class does not improve her defenses much. Also, by the time you get to the stage where Brave stacking is actually viable, it's not needed because most of my units are capped anyway, and they'll drop most enemies on a round or two. As for Streetpass, I gave up on that ages back.

The caps are the caps regardless which character it is in that class Miriel's defense is 10 higher as a Sorcerer than a Sage like the others, the growth rates for Defense are higher as well if you're talking about advancing and if you're just talking about the standard game on a difficulty mode lower than Lunatic than Frederick is viable so that's pretty moot in every sense of the word. The higher DLC needs capped units or near capped units complete with limit-breaker that should be the measure of strength and that shows Sorcerer as much stronger than a Sage, at that point you can Brave stack with impunity though Aversa's and Brave weapons are broken in and of themselves it's also the 'best' and not doing it is intentionally gimping yourself for an artificial challenge. You can beat the game on Lunatic/Lunatic + using Bronze weapons if you wanted so again pretty pointless to use the main game as a measure of if the class is good or not.

Zachmac

I just cleared the Tower of Valni in Sacred Stones on hard mode, but I've still got to do it two more times if I want to unlock Selena. Ugh.
Having to clear it three times feels sort of pointless. It's just so easy, even on Hard Mode. There's really nothing there to provide any sort of significant challenge.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Or unless they want to truly be challenged.

Well that's the thing, Lunatic+ isn't even a real challenge. It's just "let's randomize 2 stupid broken skills on every enemy" to the point of creating setups that are sometimes 100% unwinnable.

Now something like FE7's Hector Hard Mode is difficulty done right.

Well that's the thing, Lunatic+ isn't even a real challenge. It's just "let's randomize 2 stupid broken skills on every enemy" to the point of creating setups that are sometimes 100% unwinnable.

Regardless, it is still the hardest game mode the game offers, so if you want to play under the most difficult conditions it is the game mode to do it under.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Agreed, Lunatic+ mode was hard for the wrong reasons. Instead of it being a challenge based on how good your strategy is and how well you manage your team, it's a luck based mission where you pray to Anna so that she smiles upon you and doesn't give certain enemies an impossible skill combination. Personally, I feel the final DLC map was a much better way to test yourself in Awakening as the skills are set and it all comes down to how well you fend off the enemies and overcome them and Anna herself.

I'd also like to leave a shoutout to Thracia 776 in terms of hard modes. That game will bring you to the brink of insanity, but you'll be very proud of yourself once you manage to overcome it.

Last edited: