• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
[so according to support conversations, it sounds like elise is ~10 years old. aqua left nohr around 10 years ago and she was already in hoshido when elise was born. and you can marry her and she can have a baby during the course of the game. good going IS, nice to know that after you made nowi who was not really a child but close enough you had to make someone who actually is a child (not to mention your adopted little sister) who you can impregnate...]

And this my friends is why localization is a good thing.

Rakurai

And this my friends is why localization is a good thing.

They're going to have a rough time passing Elise off as someone who's older then she looks unless they completely rewrite her character.

She's about the same as Nowi as far as how maturely she behaves, only she doesn't show herself to be secretly more knowledgeable then she initially lets on. She's a pre-teen girl through and through, essentially.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
They're going to have a rough time passing Elise off as someone who's older then she looks unless they completely rewrite her character.

She's about the same as Nowi as far as how maturely she behaves, only she doesn't show herself to be secretly more knowledgeable then she initially lets on. She's a pre-teen girl through and through, essentially.

I have a filling that they're going to have to rewrite her (and the other child-like characters) for the most part, she acts way too young for someone the game expects you to treat as a potential marriage option. Hell, that's pretty much her only characterization based on her supports, she's the young child of the group and there's no excuse around why she acts like that. The only way to make her feasible is to increase her maturity, and I don't think the localization has that much of a choice unless they want to just strip her of all S supports.

Last edited:

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
[so according to support conversations, it sounds like elise is ~10 years old. aqua left nohr around 10 years ago and she was already in hoshido when elise was born. and you can marry her and she can have a baby during the course of the game. good going IS, nice to know that after you made nowi who was not really a child but close enough you had to make someone who actually is a child (not to mention your adopted little sister) who you can impregnate...]
I pity the localization team.They have such a hard/gross job.

inb4 "I'm actually 1,000 years old. I just look and act like I'm 10 because of Dragon's Vein!"
That's because Lilith isn't actually playable. She's an ally unit during castle battles.

Edit: This conversation inspired me to butcher an Awkward Zombie comic.
idontwanttogotojail_by_macmari-d96vhfv.png

That's perfect for that situation.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
[I have a filling that they're going to have to rewrite her (and the other child-like characters) for the most part, she acts way too young for someone the game expects you to treat as a potential marriage option. Hell, that's pretty much her only characterization based on her supports, she's the young child of the group and there's no excuse around why she acts like that. The only way to make her feasible is to increase her maturity, and I don't think the localization has that much of a choice unless they want to just strip her of all S supports.
yeah apparently that nowi stuff about knowing more than she let on was actually added by the localization team to make her less icky, so im sure they're going to try. If they strip her of s supports though that will piss off a lot of people since you already need to marry a "corrinsexual" or 2nd gen to get all of the children if you play as male corrin, so if they remove her you will definitely miss out on one kid with a male corrin (or be forced to marry a 1st gen child bearing man with female corrin to get them all). Stupid for multiple reasons since awakening had a couple of extra men.

I could see them changing how the children come back though. If I understand it right they do actually get pregnant and have a baby throughout the course of the game it just gets old really fast because of my castle's dimensional crap right? If they changed it to be more like awakening where they come back from some unspecified point at the future you could at least argue Elise and her spouse didn't consummate their marriage until later and add a few lines for that a la ricken x cordelia. ]

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
yeah apparently that nowi stuff about knowing more than she let on was actually added by the localization team to make her less icky, so im sure they're going to try. If they strip her of s supports though that will piss off a lot of people since you already need to marry a "corrinsexual" or 2nd gen to get all of the children if you play as male corrin, so if they remove her you will definitely miss out on one kid with a male corrin (or be forced to marry a 1st gen child bearing man with female corrin to get them all). Stupid for multiple reasons since awakening had a couple of extra men.

I could see them changing how the children come back though. If I understand it right they do actually get pregnant and have a baby throughout the course of the game it just gets old really fast because of my castle's dimensional crap right? If they changed it to be more like awakening where they come back from some unspecified point at the future you could at least argue Elise and her spouse didn't consummate their marriage until later and add a few lines for that a la ricken x cordelia.

Yeah, while I dislike the idea of marrying a ~10 year old kid, completely removing her as an option would probably do more damage then not. She's too necessary from a gameplay perspective for that to work.

I honestly would prefer that they'd go with another "from the future" plot point. On top of allowing Elise and characters like her to have more time before the pregnancy, the way the story has it is that the children are left in the My Castle dimension to grow up alone and away from their parents, with the latter later picking them up once they're battle ready. So essentially the entire first gen is a bunch of horrible people who dump their children in an unknown dimension for a poorly explained reason. Changing it back to the children being from the future would make the mechanic a lot more easier to accept from a story perspective as it allows for a lot more flexibility, though it would require some rewriting to do.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
[Yeah, while I dislike the idea of marrying a ~10 year old kid, completely removing her as an option would probably do more damage then not. She's too necessary from a gameplay perspective for that to work.

I honestly would prefer that they'd go with another "from the future" plot point. On top of allowing Elise and characters like her to have more time before the pregnancy, the way the story has it is that the children are left in the My Castle dimension to grow up alone and away from their parents, with the latter later picking them up once they're battle ready. So essentially the entire first gen is a bunch of horrible people who dump their children in an unknown dimension for a poorly explained reason. Changing it back to the children being from the future would make the mechanic a lot more easier to accept from a story perspective as it allows for a lot more flexibility, though it would require some rewriting to do.]

[well they could also change a corrinsexual to a "regular" 1st gen woman or there could be spotpass characters who are able to marry the 1st gen men. That would take more work though so I doubt it will happen.

And yeah I kinda wondered about if that makes them crappy parents too. Haven't they had characters who were resentful of not getting attention from their parents in past games? Basically all of gen 2 would then fall under that in fates with the current explanation.]

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
[And yeah I kinda wondered about if that makes them crappy parents too. Haven't they had characters who were resentful of not getting attention from their parents in past games? Basically all of gen 2 would then fall under that in fates with the current explanation.]

sequel material ahoy!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
God I hope there's no sequels this game deserves to be buried as deeply as possible and never spoken of again. Story/character wise anyway.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Been spending time grinding out the supports in Path of Radiance so that Radiant Dawn can have a 100% completed save file. Got 64% done last I checked. Hate using the Hawks and Beasts, but ah well.

Plus, trying to do this makes for nice speedruns/LTCs, and it's always fun to see how playthroughs shake up if you invest time/BEXP on one unit you know you'll use over those you know you won't. This run, I dumped all the BEXP I gained in the first 8 chapters onto Boyd, and enjoyed reaving the maps with a Level 19 Fighter.

And that culminated into Level 9 Warrior Boyd completing Chapter 19 in 3 turns, while King Naesala was still on the map. Awesome.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Have the option of obtaining Fire Emblem : Awakening, should I go for it? I don't know why I held it off for so long.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Been spending time grinding out the supports in Path of Radiance so that Radiant Dawn can have a 100% completed save file. Got 64% done last I checked. Hate using the Hawks and Beasts, but ah well.

Plus, trying to do this makes for nice speedruns/LTCs, and it's always fun to see how playthroughs shake up if you invest time/BEXP on one unit you know you'll use over those you know you won't. This run, I dumped all the BEXP I gained in the first 8 chapters onto Boyd, and enjoyed reaving the maps with a Level 19 Fighter.

And that culminated into Level 9 Warrior Boyd completing Chapter 19 in 3 turns, while King Naesala was still on the map. Awesome.

It is really fun to see how fast you can beat the game. One of the reasons I hate the support system in 6-8 is it means you sit around for turns not doing anything.

R_N

It is really fun to see how fast you can beat the game. One of the reasons I hate the support system in 6-8 is it means you sit around for turns not doing anything.

look everyone knows that the best way to build a relationship is to kill everyone on a map and then sit around together for 20 turns doing nothing before you go sit on a throne and/or kill a person

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
9/10 are great for the speedrunning, but 6/7/8 are better at getting the all the supports themselves completed but it doesn't matter with 6 because no support log but I digress. 9 is quite the stingy game when it comes to max unit size per chapter, requiring leaving a pair of units out of the action when another pair needs to catch up. Glad there's Chapter 26 and its massive 19 unit capacity to catch everyone up.

Completed that particular run last night, logged in 25 hours iirc, and that's with me wasting time on Chapter 17 getting units promoted. Got about 6-7 supports rammed up to A, bringing the completed percentage up to 75%.

More notably, I don't have to use Oscar, Tanith, Lethe, Reyson, Lucia, or Kieran ever again for the purpose of supports; adding them to Mia, Geoffrey, Stefan, Volke, and Soren, that's a good 30% of the cast wrapped up. And if I can get the supports I want in this run, I can add Ranulf, Marcia, Nephenee, Calill, Bastian, Titania, Boyd, and Rhys onto that list. That's about 50% of the cast there, which should speed up future playthroughs significantly, as I'd only have Mist and Rolf being the remaining starting Greil Mercenaries to work with, letting me blast through the first half of the game with a souped up Ike and one other unit. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Zachmac

A gorgon just got its critical hit animation when using Stone on my already petrified Knoll, despite having a crit rate of "---". I know his poor luck makes him prone to critical hits, but wow.

I guess its because petrified characters are more likely to be struck by critical hits, so the game did something weird with it or whatever.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Got my own copy of Awakening, that's good. Finally have Cynthia, because I was stupid in my last file and married everyone she could marry to different people. And Lissa, Owain, and Morgan have Galeforce, so that's nice. So does Inigo. I also beat the game fast, which is new for me.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
A gorgon just got its critical hit animation when using Stone on my already petrified Knoll, despite having a crit rate of "---". I know his poor luck makes him prone to critical hits, but wow.

I guess its because petrified characters are more likely to be struck by critical hits, so the game did something weird with it or whatever.

Give him the Hoplon Guard.It's like it was made just for him.My Knoll also got one point of luck naturally.I was amazed.

Zachmac

So I was at Long Beach Comic Con this weekend and while my family was there, my mom signed up for this video game rental site called Gamefly.
Anyway, I noticed that they have Radiant Dawn, so I'm going to be renting that sometime soon. But they didn't have Path of Radiance available for rent.

How important is it to play Path of Radiance before Radiant Dawn? Is there any details that won't make sense if I start with Radiant Dawn?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So I was at Long Beach Comic Con this weekend and while my family was there, my mom signed up for this video game rental site called Gamefly.
Anyway, I noticed that they have Radiant Dawn, so I'm going to be renting that sometime soon. But they didn't have Path of Radiance available for rent.

How important is it to play Path of Radiance before Radiant Dawn? Is there any details that won't make sense if I start with Radiant Dawn?

You'd miss out on Path of Radiance being a superior game and won't get some of the minor plot points that might be referenced. But the big points will be discussed a bit so you shouldn't be completely lost. It works fine as its own game, I think a lot of people these days end up playing Radiant Dawn first anyway.