• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
there is actually a little bit of linkage between fates and awakening so you'll appreciate a few small parts more if you played awakening first, but it's definitely not necessary.

also there will be an elise nendoroid sometime this year as announced at wonderfest. not what i wouldve thought would be the first fates nendoroid (no corrin or azura??) but better her than camilla lol

Recon

there is actually a little bit of linkage between fates and awakening so you'll appreciate a few small parts more if you played awakening first, but it's definitely not necessary.

also there will be an elise nendoroid sometime this year as announced at wonderfest. not what i wouldve thought would be the first fates nendoroid (no corrin or azura??) but better her than camilla lol

Don't worry, she'll get her own PVC figure first like Tharja did.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
blegh dont remind me. i collect merch from my favorite series but that is one item i have no desire to buy. if i had her i would probably display her with some doll clothes on her to cover up haha

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
thats the joke, yes

I love this because it did the exact opposite of what it intended to do because it makes it seem worse than it really is
I've made a very similar statement about that in a much earlier post.

I don't really care if any of you liked the show or not, but this was pretty clever.

Rio!

Composer
Don't worry, she'll get her own PVC figure first like Tharja did.

Guh. Would it kill them to have a male in there. Like srsly. Or is that some sort of cardinal sin?
The Figma Lucina was/is nice at least.

Recon

Guh. Would it kill them to have a male in there. Like srsly. Or is that some sort of cardinal sin?

I mean, it's really up to the makers of the figma. What they think will sell. Nintendo doesn't say, "hey, make a figma of this character", they just do it. If you seen Good Smile's page, you would notice that 90% of their products are based on female characters. Besides most of the people that buy these kinds of things are males anyway, so why not make them cute girls or guys in anatomically incorrect but cool poses?

Rio!

Composer
I mean, it's really up to the makers of the figma. What they think will sell. Nintendo doesn't say, "hey, make a figma of this character", they just do it. If you seen Good Smile's page, you would notice that 90% of their products are based on female characters. Besides most of the people that buy these kinds of things are males anyway, so why not make them cute girls or guys in anatomically incorrect but cool poses?

I realize Nintendo/game producers don't necessarily have a hand in it. I won't go into it on this thread, but it does have to partially do with the specific marketing. At the same time it's not particularly their fault either...so meh.
In other news yay, 10 more days! I might not actually get to start playing the game until going into the next week after release since I chose the cheapest shipping method. At least I can get the data transfer sorted out and get a proper handle on the N3ds.

Recon

The fact it's limited to your fiance helps curb the creep, at least

e: Also i've heard of a few people who in a fit of rage cancelled their special edition then get double mad when they heard this because oh no they lost their special edition
so tahts funny

Irony at its finest.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin

well there is a nendoroid of marth coming soon and a charaform(sp?) figure of chrom already available, so there are at least a couple of figures of male characters. plus all the amiibo except lucina being men. figma i think tends to make more female characters overall tho, which sort of makes sense when you consider who they pander too...

i just want more merch of old characters. i almost would want either a 6/7 or 4/5 remake just because theyd probably make more merch of those...

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Ok guys, I'm getting Birthright tomorrow and I've managed to stay mostly spoiler-free so far, but there is one important thing I think I should know about before heading in: is there a point in the game where the story forces you (or anyone else) to marry whomever you/they have the highest affection level with at the moment, a lo Chrom? I don't want another Chrom/Maribelle situation on my hands.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Ok guys, I'm getting Birthright tomorrow and I've managed to stay mostly spoiler-free so far, but there is one important thing I think I should know about before heading in: is there a point in the game where the story forces you (or anyone else) to marry whomever you/they have the highest affection level with at the moment, a lo Chrom? I don't want another Chrom/Maribelle situation on my hands.
I never heard of one in the game, but I'm not absolutely 100% sure.

I don't think so, though.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
No there is not. You can go the entire game without anyone getting married if you wish.

Also friendly reminder to everyone, per the somewhat-new spoiler rule from the main forum rules, please be sure to put any spoilers in spoiler tags until after the game has been out for at least a week IN EUROPE. And if revelation is released separately there as well, revelation content will also need to be tagged until that has been out for everyone for a week, not just the SEs. If something may even possibly be a spoiler just tag it so you don't ruin it for someone else. And if you care about your friends list remember to wrap the text inside the tag with [] so it doesn't show up in your recent posts.

Now...
[PUNGENT PICKLES?!?! REALLY NINTENDO ARE YOU STAFFED BY A BUNCH OF 14 YEAR OLD BOYS]

Rio!

Composer
SO. I plan on going ahead and picking up the N3dsXL itself in-store tomorrow so I can set my systems up for transfer since I already have everything I need. My order for the special Fates bundle shipped this morning, but isn't due to arrive until the 24th Feb (Wednesday).
I've been doing well staying spoiler-free so far, so I probably won't lurk much here. This topic's participants tend to be really good about tagging spoilers, so it probably won't change much tbh.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
No there is not. You can go the entire game without anyone getting married if you wish.

Thanks, Ellie! Now I have to go create a flowchart in order to properly pair off everybody based on their personalities alone and so that no one gets left behind. That....that IS the point of this game, right?