• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
Buying Birthright after school tomorrow pretty damn hyped

Recon

Now...
[PUNGENT PICKLES?!?! REALLY NINTENDO ARE YOU STAFFED BY A BUNCH OF 14 YEAR OLD BOYS]

To be fair, they were as interesting as a sack of potatoes before that.

Though he's become the new Kellam as a result.

Last edited:

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I'm kinkshaming Hisame.
Some of the voice actors are alright, while some just sound completely off. Like Saizo is okay, while Kagero's doesn't fit her at all. I also learned how to say both Inigo (Inn-E-go) and Ryoma (the R is silent) so that'll be messing me up.

I called Travis Willingham being Shiro's voice actor just this morning and I was pleasantly surprised that he was indeed Shiro's VA. I can hear him perfectly saying "Now I'm mad." like Knuckles in that one Sonic Boom episode.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Thanks, Ellie! Now I have to go create a flowchart in order to properly pair off everybody based on their personalities alone and so that no one gets left behind. That....that IS the point of this game, right?
keep in mind that, like anna/say'ri/tiki/others in awakening, there are quite a few characters who can ONLY marry corrin so you cant pair all of them. and in revelation each character only gets a couple of choices of partners from the other route, so for example odin x sakura wont happen. speaking of supports...

[quite a few 2nd gen s-supports are now platonic. fates doesnt have a spot for relationships on the status screen so they arent replaced with "companion" or anything and you still get the same stat boosts. surprisingly most people are happy with it, i thought the people obsessed with the original vrsion would be coming out of the woodwork angry. i'm a little mixed. i think overall it's a nice change as opposed to trying to romantically stick everyone together. but a lot of the supports themselves feel a bit clunky, maybe because they're working with an original japanese version where it WAS romantic. several are either one person confessing and the other saying they dont feel the same way, while others are just talking about being the best of friends and it feels like they tried wayyyy too hard. but i'm sort of excited if the next game doesn't have kids (pleeeeease) platonic paired endings may come back???]

R_N

question uhhh more mechanical, i guess, but i'll spoiler it just in case
So, children

I heard that if you go with a male corrin, there's not enough pairs available to get every child unless you go with the dlc options? Is that for both conquest & birthright, if at all?

Also, if you decide to go male corrin/niles, you only get niles' kid and not kanna? And Rhajat/Female Corrin produces no child?

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
You'll have to marry one of the Corrinsexuals (Flora, Reina, Scarlet, Shura, etc) or a child character to get all of the kids on a single save, I believe. I think that's for both versions, but I'm not sure on Revelation.

You don't get any children for same sex marriage, I'd be fine with no Kana since their whole "gimmick" is being a Dragon child, but I don't see how adoption couldn't have been an option for Niles' daughter. Then again, adopting children, sending them into a special dimension to raise them for war sounds rather sketchy.

Personally, I don't care about the kids since most of them aren't really that useful as units and they lack any relevancy in the plot either.

R_N

You'll have to marry one of the Corrinsexuals (Flora, Reina, Scarlet, Shura, etc) or a child character to get all of the kids on a single save, I believe. I think that's for both versions, but I'm not sure on Revelation.

You don't get any children for same sex marriage, I'd be fine with no Kana since their whole "gimmick" is being a Dragon child, but I don't see how adoption couldn't have been an option for Niles' daughter. Then again, adopting children, sending them into a special dimension to raise them for war sounds rather sketchy.

Personally, I don't care about the kids since most of them aren't really that useful as units and they lack any relevancy in the plot either.

that's so lame!

esp the niles thing

Everlasting

Everything stays.
My Special Edition order from Best Buy was sent today. Unfortunately I won't be able to get the games before at least Monday, which is a bummer. I'm super eager to play these games, I can't wait!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
the story in the first 6...no, 4, really, chapters is really...expedited, huh?

[Indeed. I guess they want you to get to the whole choosing your route thing fast. Still I did like the small taste of Conquest I got when you had to seize the fort.]

[Anyway I'm on Chapter 10 (not started it yet) and completed Paralogue 1 and I'm so glad I don't need to level up the villager this time to recruit her (I'm playing Birthright at the moment). Granted I liked the idea of leveling up a unit to recruit him/her in Awakening but trying to prevent Donnel from not dying felt like a little bit of a hassle imo, especially on the harder difficulties.]

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Wow, people weren't kidding about Chapter 10, that one is easily one of the hardest (and best) defense chapters I've ever played in the franchise. You have to really plan out each of your moves because even one can cost you a unit or the entire objective.

Chapter 11 was also a bit of a surprise for me since they carefully plan out each of the rooms. Mages follow the Res lowering Oni Savages, Ninja's have lunge and will use it to have all of their members cut your units down (thank god I had Effie), Azama has that HP cutting staff, among other things. You can't bullrun that chapter either, it'll tear you apart as well

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
On the final in Birthright, and wow. Garon in chapter 27 is pretty hard, but I finished him with Ryoma (who he couldn't hit because of a low hit rate) using Astra. I haven't started the final yet, but I plan on doing that sometime tonight.

This game almost made me cry. It's extremely hard on the feels.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
probably been said multiple times, but i'm so disappointed in the way the special edition has been handled. the availability was/is ridiculous, and the scalpers almost as much.

Vipsoccermaster

Got the Special Edition yesterday from GameStop. The artbook, pouch, and the exclusive keychains are all nice.

Making little progress time to time. I'm already in...

[spoil]Chapter 3 of the game. Gotta make sure not to have any dead members on Classic Mode.[/spoil]

Last edited:

Torpoleon

probably been said multiple times, but i'm so disappointed in the way the special edition has been handled. the availability was/is ridiculous, and the scalpers almost as much.
Yeah, it really is unfortunate, but I am happy that I was able to get it. Fortunately, buying the paths separately as DLC does cost roughly the same as the special edition, though you do miss out on the artbook and carrying pouch, and having all paths on one game card.

R_N

The artbook is nice but it also feels like they literally cropped the middle of every page of the actual artbook

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
Just got my copy of Conquest yesterday, and it took a bit of searching. All of the EB Games in my area were completely sold out, and Walmart had only one copy of each version left on the shelf. Anyone else run into similar issues?

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
I feel so Fated out right now, lol. I got the Special Edition on Friday, got the Map Pack yesterday, and got those free keychains.

Now I'm slowly making my way through Birthright. :)

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i am at chapter 24 in conquest now. even playing on casual this game is actually pretty challenging. i can't wait for the dlc to come out because i am a loser and want to be able to grind and get more money and stuff.

i really want to dive into revelation but i heard playing that beforehand spoils most of the story of birthright/conquest so i am waiting until i finish the other 2. hopefully birthright will be easy to rush through though...