• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

Recon

people thought there would be another version of rosalina in the eventual super mario bros line wave 2, but it doesnt look like that's happening now (maybe due to poorer sales). this is getting a bit offtopic though..

i wish they'd do an entire fe line for amiibo. but they'd probably fill it with just fates and awakening characters with no love for the older games :(

There's always the Cipher cards.

You know, if you care to import.

R_N

I wonder if they'll ever do anything about giving us the Cipher versions of Marth & Lucina. And also...Minerva, right? She even had a unique variant of the peg knight class?
I kind of doubt we're getting Cipher, anyway, considering it's already moving into series 4 or so, featuring characters only shown in 13 thanks to the spotpass system

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
oh yeah i forgot about those. sadly i don't think we're gonna get them. while nintendo has been better about releasing stuff worldwide nowadays, a lot of games do still have stuff that remains japan only :(

on another note i noticed something a little weird starting another run
[i married kaze before chapter 15 and it didn't pop up with the notification that i had a new paralogue, same thing as what happened last time. but kana's paralogue is available for me to play now, while midori's is not. since he has an S support with corrin, clearly he is not going to die at chapter 15 and create any inconsistencies, but it's weird that i can get kana and not midori. also, i could've sworn last time when i paired kaze x azura, i couldnt recruit either child immediately after and had to wait til 15.]

R_N

I can't really blame them for not bringing Cipher over. I imagine new TCGs aren't the easiest sells westward, especially when a lot of the cards are characters who never showed up here

Recon

I can't really blame them for not bringing Cipher over. I imagine new TCGs aren't the easiest sells westward, especially when a lot of the cards are characters who never showed up here

Pretty much, it's a lot harder for TCG's to thrive in west in a physical form.

Maybe we'll get a smartphone app, like what Hearthstone does.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
oh yeah i never expected cipher to come here. as said, tcg's in general don't sell as well here and many of the characters were japan-only, plus the US is much more spread out than japan and it'd be a pretty niche audience.

it just would've been nice if they gave us the same goodies japanese customers got with the cards. there's also 3(? maybe more) themes that are pretty cool. i'd be fine with paying for them too, even though japan got them for free, just to get a chance at getting them.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
[i married kaze before chapter 15 and it didn't pop up with the notification that i had a new paralogue, same thing as what happened last time. but kana's paralogue is available for me to play now, while midori's is not. since he has an S support with corrin, clearly he is not going to die at chapter 15 and create any inconsistencies, but it's weird that i can get kana and not midori. also, i could've sworn last time when i paired kaze x azura, i couldnt recruit either child immediately after and had to wait til 15.]

You're free to view the prologue of the chapter in question before you go into the preparations screen and subsequently be given the option to close out of it and go back to My Castle. In this particular case, Midori's paralogue doesn't open up until after Chapter 15 to avoid continuity errors with the story of the chapter with Kaze being present in the custscenes of her prologue, that would happen if you could go to the paralogue, quit, have Kaze dead in story in Chapter 15, and then go back to the paralogue.

All other fathers simply vacate the battlefield if they die (iirc in the Japanese script; Hinata and Hayato still give typical death quotes so I assume its an oversight), and they'd be around regardless if being played on Casual Mode, so they're still present at any point for their respective paralogue to avoid continuity issues. Kaze can't, whether on Classic, Casual, or Phoenix, so Midori's paralogue is restricted until after Ch. 15 because of it.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So I started Conquest Hard awhile ago, I hate myself but at the same time I love the difficulty and really enjoy it, although I'm tentatively at Chapter 22 until I get a chance to go home and play it again. Chapter 10 wasn't the mess I heard it was but still took several tries because of dumb placement oversights. Chapter 17 wasn't so bad either but painfully slow and the Mechanists/Lunge Swordmasters are way worse than the Ninjas there. Chapter 21 was also not as bad as I'd heard because Leo and a promoted Elise are great.

Meanwhile courtesy of bobjr I have an accurate depiction of my time in Chapter 20. That chapter is actually the worst, the only redeeming quality was seeing my probably favorite character appear in it. Also Arthur really is a hero, kitsune and 18% crits are nothing when Arthur takes like 0-4 damage from them. The best champion of justice I've ever seen.

Also Odin x Elise is a cute support, probably one of my favorite support conversations in awhile. Elise is great. Other than the getting one-shot by everything ever part.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
[You're free to view the prologue of the chapter in question before you go into the preparations screen and subsequently be given the option to close out of it and go back to My Castle. In this particular case, Midori's paralogue doesn't open up until after Chapter 15 to avoid continuity errors with the story of the chapter with Kaze being present in the custscenes of her prologue, that would happen if you could go to the paralogue, quit, have Kaze dead in story in Chapter 15, and then go back to the paralogue.

All other fathers simply vacate the battlefield if they die (iirc in the Japanese script; Hinata and Hayato still give typical death quotes so I assume its an oversight), and they'd be around regardless if being played on Casual Mode, so they're still present at any point for their respective paralogue to avoid continuity issues. Kaze can't, whether on Classic, Casual, or Phoenix, so Midori's paralogue is restricted until after Ch. 15 because of it.]
[i mean i know why it happens from a gameplay perspective. obviously if kaze was dead even though midori is already born (if he is the first person you marry off it still has the line about their marriage turned fruitful so i'm assuming), although it would have been sort of neat in a horribly sad way to have a different version of the paralogue with kaze dead. i just find it a little weird that 1) they didn't lock off kana if kaze is his dad, but i thought they did lock off shigure, although now i am questioning if i may have just missed it on the screen after i finished azura and kaze's s support 2) they don't remove the lock if corrin is her mom, since obviously you reached the required A support (and beyond it). but they seem to be getting lazier and lazier with details so i'm really not surprised. i miss things like genealogy's endings and por's supports where they had significant changes if certain people died... would've been a perfect time to bring that back too since kaze has a brother.]

I hitched Robin and Lucina in my file of ''Awakening''. Does that sound weird?
ehhh yes and no. i do think it's a bit weird that robin can marry their friend's future children. on the other hand
[robin marrying either one of the kids or someone who died in the original timeline (emmeryn, say'ri, etc) is the only way that the stupid as hell ending if you make robin sacrifice themself makes sense to me, and i wish they played off that. in the bad future timeline robin has no family and thus their bonds weren't strong enough, whereas in the timeline of the game they have a spouse and child, so their ties are stronger. plus iirc morgan's ending still states that they came from a different future even if robin married a non-robinsexual 1st genner (and even if they have a sibling) so that's also really weird. i guess awakening and fates are just in a fierce competition for the most convoluted story ever.]

pokemonjeff

interested trader
[i mean i know why it happens from a gameplay perspective. obviously if kaze was dead even though midori is already born (if he is the first person you marry off it still has the line about their marriage turned fruitful so i'm assuming), although it would have been sort of neat in a horribly sad way to have a different version of the paralogue with kaze dead. i just find it a little weird that 1) they didn't lock off kana if kaze is his dad, but i thought they did lock off shigure, although now i am questioning if i may have just missed it on the screen after i finished azura and kaze's s support 2) they don't remove the lock if corrin is her mom, since obviously you reached the required A support (and beyond it). but they seem to be getting lazier and lazier with details so i'm really not surprised. i miss things like genealogy's endings and por's supports where they had significant changes if certain people died... would've been a perfect time to bring that back too since kaze has a brother.]

Actually, if you marry kaze first nothing pops up. You don't get the fruitful message until you marry another couple. In my first playthrough he was the first person married, and I was quite confused that two first gens didn't make a baby and even more so when he died and I realized I missed his kid. I married him to kagero first time through, so I can't confirm if shigure/kana still happen or not.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Actually, if you marry kaze first nothing pops up. You don't get the fruitful message until you marry another couple. In my first playthrough he was the first person married, and I was quite confused that two first gens didn't make a baby and even more so when he died and I realized I missed his kid. I married him to kagero first time through, so I can't confirm if shigure/kana still happen or not.
It does lock of Shigure until chapter 16/and or 17.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
[ahh ok thanks. The two birthright runs I have done he married azura and corrin so that explains why I saw it. Still think it would have made sense if they either locked out all of kaze's children or none of them if he married a woman who also is tied to a child, but oh well. His entire death was super poorly done anyway imo and that detail is the least of the issues]

pokemonjeff

interested trader
[ahh ok thanks. The two birthright runs I have done he married azura and corrin so that explains why I saw it. Still think it would have made sense if they either locked out all of kaze's children or none of them if he married a woman who also is tied to a child, but oh well. His entire death was super poorly done anyway imo and that detail is the least of the issues]

The entirety of his death was just silly, and A-ranking him to dodge the death was awakening levels of silly.

Also, separate question. As far as carrying skills from profile to profile (I.E. aptitude on hisame in a playthrough where his mother is not mozu), is there anything to stop us from capping all the skills out on everyone, and just beating the endgame until we've saved everyones skillset?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
[The entirety of his death was just silly, and A-ranking him to dodge the death was awakening levels of silly.]
[it really was. while he did get a bit more screentime than your average non-royal character and he's fairly popular, he's definitely not major enough that his death adds anything to the story. especially since he dies on birthright. i think it would have actually added more if he died on conquest instead, since he is one of the few to turn his back on his homeland to fight for what you believe in, then oops you get him killed because you didnt like him enough.

and requiring an A support with corrin was just completely stupid. it comes out of absolutely nowhere, on the "easy" route too to boot (again, if they were gonna do it at all it shouldve been conquest), so a lot of people have him die until they look it up online. like it's not thracia levels of trickery where the game actively lies to you, but there is absolutely no indication that you should be supporting with him until it happens. other things that could've made it less stupid could be to 1) make it only a C support, as that would be fairly likely that someone would get it through "natural" play if they used kaze a fair amount 2) make it A support with any character, not just corrin 3) have some heavy hinting in the story, like a scene a few chapters earlier where corrin and kaze talk about the value of friendship and mention that it could save their lives one day or some cheesy crap like that. they had some pretty heavy-handed hints during the base convos in por/rd so it's not exactly out of place for the game to practically scream at you to do something.

oh and his death should have actually mattered beyond corrin being upset for 1 cutscene. if kaze died there should have been a scene/altered support dialogue with saizo (who can't die and screw up continuity either, thanks child mechanic), maybe his wife if he had one, and he should have definitely appeared in your near-death experience at the end of the game. lilith has like half the screentime he does, not counting dlc, and she gets to appear so why not him???]

Also, separate question. As far as carrying skills from profile to profile (I.E. aptitude on hisame in a playthrough where his mother is not mozu), is there anything to stop us from capping all the skills out on everyone, and just beating the endgame until we've saved everyones skillset?

i dont consider this a spoiler so im removing it from the tag to make my life easier

the logbook has a limit of 99 units, so you'd have to go through and clear them out as you added skills to that unit, but other than that i dont think so. in fact it is my (eventual very long-term) goal to get all the possible skills on at least one kana (who has the largest number of potential skills, too bad the 2 genders count as separate units unlike corrin) and as many as possible on other characters. for now i just browse through castles that people post with good skills, recruit everyone from the castle, buy every (legal) skill that my version of that unit does not have, and delete them to clear space.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Honestly, the stories on all three routes have a few things that bug me, and offer no explanation

Why Corrin turns into this dragon, since no other statue or context or anything ever refers to these kinds of dragons again

Why Rinkah just disappears completely in Conquest. She's part of the independent Flame Tribe, sure, but she's not even given a line of reference after Notre Sagesse. At least in Birthright, Nyx doesn't appear period so no one's left hanging.

Who, and what, are the Dusk Dragon and the Dawn Dragon? And who the hell are the Astral Dragons like Moro?

Why did Lilith turn into that fairy dragon? I'm guessing from Astral Dragon exposure?

I guess Hoshido and Nohr both have a limited time in Birthright and Conquest respectively before Anankos gets around to annihilating them?

Is the demon controlling Garon in Conquest acting independently of Anankos, and that's why he doesn't try to kill Corrin outright, even if he thinks he's Garon?

What's the point of Azura's pendant? I thought for certain it was the Fire Emblem, but once we found out that the Omega Yato's second name is the Fire Emblem, the pendant is just special because it just is? The pendant floating down in the title screen is just a bait and switch?

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
[
Honestly, the stories on all three routes have a few things that bug me, and offer no explanation

Why Corrin turns into this dragon, since no other statue or context or anything ever refers to these kinds of dragons again]
Well in hidden truths you find out that
[anankos is corrin's father, making them a half-dragon manakete like nah]
However from a storytelling perspective this is still very weak, as
[odin, laslow, Selena, and Lilith all state that they will never tell anyone what happened and what they found out, so none of the main protagonists ever know and no one really makes a big deal about it for some reason]
. The game iirc just writes it off by saying oh corrin just has exceptionally pure dragon blood compared to the other royals, but kana (and any other children corrin has) always comes out with the ability to transform regardless of the other parent, and no royal X royal pairings do, even though they'd theoretically have more "pure" blood than corrin X a commoner.

[Why Rinkah just disappears completely in Conquest. She's part of the independent Flame Tribe, sure, but she's not even given a line of reference after Notre Sagesse. At least in Birthright, Nyx doesn't appear period so no one's left hanging.]
[Yeah this is just dumb/them not exploring as much as they could. It would've been cool to feature her again and maybe even the rest of the flame tribe, like what we saw with flora.]
[
Who, and what, are the Dusk Dragon and the Dawn Dragon? And who the hell are the Astral Dragons like Moro?]
[the dawn and dusk dragon are both anankos. I can't remember if it is outright stated or just implied, but it's in revelation. who is Moro again? I don't remember seeing that name. Unless that is the rainbow sage, in which case we don't really know beyond them being dragons. The 12 dragons and forging weapons while blood bonding thing alludes to the dragons of genealogy, but there's no evidence that they are the same.]

[Why did Lilith turn into that fairy dragon? I'm guessing from Astral Dragon exposure?]
No
[she has always been a dragon. Ever since she met corrin she took human form, but she apparently used up too much power rescuing them from the bottomless canyon and can't take human form anymore. That part is a little weird since no other dragon has that happen to them in the series, but whatever

It's also very odd to me that, again, no one seems to make a big deal about the fact that she is a dragon. We find out in hidden truths
that she is the child of the insane half of anankos, explaining why she is a dragon, although t cuts out some of the detail the Japanese version had
but most of the characters won't know that]

[I guess Hoshido and Nohr both have a limited time in Birthright and Conquest respectively before Anankos gets around to annihilating them?]
I believe this is what the 6-part memories of foam dlc in Japan is about. However it's very confusing and translations seem spotty at the moment, so I am just waiting for an English release of those.

[Is the demon controlling Garon in Conquest acting independently of Anankos, and that's why he doesn't try to kill Corrin outright, even if he thinks he's Garon?]

[the demon is garon who has been possessed by anankos. Why he doesn't kill corrin outright I'm really not sure. Maybe to prevent people from knowing that he isn't really garon anymore? The whole demon plot is why conquest's plot is probably the worst of the 3.

[What's the point of Azura's pendant? I thought for certain it was the Fire Emblem, but once we found out that the Omega Yato's second name is the Fire Emblem, the pendant is just special because it just is? The pendant floating down in the title screen is just a bait and switch?]
[azura's pendant contains a piece of anankos's dragon stone and in conjunction with her song allows her to subdue him. It also harms her to use this, but the game doesn't explain why very well except that this is why songstresses stopped using the power ]

Last edited:

pokemonjeff

interested trader
the logbook has a limit of 99 units, so you'd have to go through and clear them out as you added skills to that unit, but other than that i dont think so. in fact it is my (eventual very long-term) goal to get all the possible skills on at least one kana (who has the largest number of potential skills, too bad the 2 genders count as separate units unlike corrin) and as many as possible on other characters. for now i just browse through castles that people post with good skills, recruit everyone from the castle, buy every (legal) skill that my version of that unit does not have, and delete them to clear space.

That is good to know. I'm going to begin self gathering as many interesting skills as I can, starting with the child characters in hoshido.

Speaking of which, got my first bond unit today! that was exciting. She doesn't seem particularly good, but I was excited even so.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I'm almost finished with Revelations Lunatic and I have to say I'm not really impressed by its difficulty so far. Even with the inflated stats of the enemy units, I haven't had any trouble just throwing my best units at it and coming out with a win as they don't have better placements or skills to make the most use of those stats, so it's just a curbstomp all the way to the end objective. Even the gimmicks haven't done much in that regard since they don't really promote strategy or rethinking unit placements, just... tedium in finishing the maps.

Maybe it gets better on the last couple maps, but so far, it's definitely one of the easiest hard modes I've done in the franchise.

I believe this is what the 6-part memories of foam dlc in Japan is about. However it's very confusing and translations seem spotty at the moment, so I am just waiting for an English release of those.

It's definitely confusing to sort out which is not helped by the unnecessary complexity the writers tried to put in, but yeah it does deal with the issue of Anankos in those routes from what I can tell. However, I will also say it seems to deal with it by using Revelations as a base, not by directly addressing what happens after those plots exclusively.

[the dawn and dusk dragon are both anankos. I can't remember if it is outright stated or just implied, but it's in revelation. who is Moro again? I don't remember seeing that name. Unless that is the rainbow sage, in which case we don't really know beyond them being dragons. The 12 dragons and forging weapons while blood bonding thing alludes to the dragons of genealogy, but there's no evidence that they are the same.]

I think it's stated as IIRC, it's said that he gave both kingdoms his blood, but it's not really delved into either way.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Well, I bought Revelation, and I knew the story would be bad, but wow. I agree with everyone the avatar tries to reason with when they say how it's stupid that they can't tell them the true enemy. The Leo part in Izumo made me cringe because it was so bad. I'm not even in it for the story anymore, just for the units and supports.