• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags!

R_N

Does anyone know how much a Seed of Trust ups supports?

Is it just a singular extra point?

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Little sad that Roy's amiibo didn't get an update to be compatible.

It still might, they're still doing DLC so there are more updates coming, and if they do add compatibility I'd be willing to bet they'll wait until the Corrin amiibo is released and add compatibility for both at the same time.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
[It's definitely confusing to sort out which is not helped by the unnecessary complexity the writers tried to put in, but yeah it does deal with the issue of Anankos in those routes from what I can tell. However, I will also say it seems to deal with it by using Revelations as a base, not by directly addressing what happens after those plots exclusively.]
[so i actually hadnt finished it yet because i didnt realize that maps 5 and 6 were translated yet and i... uh... wow. i dont know if it is possible to make a more convoluted weirdass story. part 4 seemed to imply that anankos won in the birthright/conquest paths and this dlc was the children finishing what their parents started, but then they had to go off the deep end. so then, what IS canon now? if apparently memories of foam states that anankos kept trying and trying to find a world where he was loved and couldnt, and the only world left with a shigure is revelation's world except everyone died except him...

granted part of the confusion is probably due to less-than-perfect translations, but still]

[Well, I bought Revelation, and I knew the story would be bad, but wow. I agree with everyone the avatar tries to reason with when they say how it's stupid that they can't tell them the true enemy. The Leo part in Izumo made me cringe because it was so bad. I'm not even in it for the story anymore, just for the units and supports.]
[to be fair, the vast majority of fe games have had mediocre overarching stories with inconsistent lore. what draws people to the series writing-wise (so not including gameplay) for the most part is the characters and their interactions and personalities. the only real exception to this that i can think of (out of the ones i have played) is genealogy, which had mostly underdeveloped characters in favor of a focus on a grand plot.

now it feels like the characters are more and more stale (although fates feels better than awakening to me apart from the child characters), making people less forgiving of other aspects, and the story is even worse than it has been. fe7's plot certainly wasn't a groundbreaking masterpiece, but it made a hell of a lot more sense than this convoluted garbage.

it's a shame too, because imo fates had a lot of potential. the first sign of a problem to me was the whole hoshido sibling situation since it makes the way the game was advertised a lie. they should have either stuck with actual blood relation or billed it as a) side with the "good" country and fix nohr by force or b) stick with the troubled country and fix them from the inside out. it still wouldve kept a lot of the same basic premise without having to insert convoluted crap. and the children could have been better too but they're just a tacked-on afterthought. they don't show up AT ALL in the main story, even in places where it would have made sense, parents never mention them in support or other conversations, and you could go through the whole game without even knowing they exist. then, the dlc that was anticipated as being the future past of fates in having a good story and better developing them, turns out to be
[more convoluted crap and a variation of "it was all a dream" so none of this has any consequences in the "real world" of the game]

i just hope they realize what is frustrating people and actually use some of the tons of money they got from fates to pay for better writing...]

diakyu

YOOO THE ENDGAME TRACK IN BIRTHRIGHT IS HYPE. Honestly the game's story dropped the ball around ch 24 but I still had fun. The last map was a let down but Birthright isn't really for challenge I guess. Onto Conquest it is.

Rio!

Composer
'K so I FINALLY just went ahead and finished Conquest a bit back and Revelations tonight. I was support-grinding for a while but...I pretty much looked at the pair-up list and gave up on that file. ;_;

Overall though, that soundtrack! Tell me I'm not by myself in not minding if there was a soundtrack with the games instead of the other stuff. J/s.

I can understand a bit why Conquest is the lesser title as for as story goes. URGH. Between the 'Nohr just absolutely sucks to live in yet the Royal family seems stuck in this weird 'obey or die' loop, yet there are somehow still subjects to rule'. Don't even get me started on the 'flip water world' which I'll elaborate on later. The siblings are obviously aware of the change present with Garon, but seem to be strangely ok with that and the constant threats. I realize the point was to change Nohr from the inside but this gets ridiculous. :I The deaths didn't bother me as much as in Birthright (I mean I mean could see it coming with Takumi, and Ryoma because Bushido code) but a lot of the other stuff? Just...no. I realyy wish certain points had been elaborated on rather than getting hinted at once/glossed over.

Again with this 'curse' that prevents visitors from stating its existence; I find it annoying it was dragged through several chapters. Some of the dialogue was awkward as heck, especially pre-Valla. On the upside, I rather liked the design choice(s) for Anankos, and the others tbh.

I noticed there was more DLC concerning Revelations, so I guess I'll do that next, still staying away from other spoilers.Yeah.

Quick question: With the DLC, Hidden Truths, when is the best time to play them? I understand that it's probably best to beat all three stories beforehand, but I really want the Fell Brand you get when you beat it. So if there's a Chapter in Birthright that would be best to beat first, or just wait until I'm playing through my second time... It'd all be great to know!

And it should go without saying, but no spoilers, please. Thanks in advance!

LizardonX

Banned
You should be done with revelation before starting it if you don't want spoilers.

I love the new DLC. Been fighting for my friends a lot and loading up on aether scrolls.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Finally got the other two royal siblings. Chapter 16 is actually quite easy. All you have to do is pair Ryoma with Crimson and have him defeat Hans. Chapter 17 is a little harder. What I've seen of Chapter 18's map, I'm not looking forward to it at all.

I also killed both Charolette and Benny without recruiting them. Oh well, I was never going to use Benny's son anyway.

Rio!

Composer
Finally got the other two royal siblings. Chapter 16 is actually quite easy. All you have to do is pair Ryoma with Crimson and have him defeat Hans. Chapter 17 is a little harder. What I've seen of Chapter 18's map, I'm not looking forward to it at all.

I also killed both Charolette and Benny without recruiting them. Oh well, I was never going to use Benny's son anyway.

I did the same thing. Though at the same time I didn't realize Benny had a kid so.../cough.

LizardonX

Banned

The OCD part of me would never let that slide, so I reset when it happened.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
it really is not THAT bad, especially if you play on casual or even phoenix mode. i am certainly not the greatest at fe (still stuck on the map in thracia where you get the wyvern siblings, playing paragon mode too :( ) and i managed to beat conquest with little trouble. i do appreciate that fates has made it so almost anyone can run through the game (with dlc, lower difficulty modes, my castle abuse, etc) but you can still have a very challenging run too by limiting yourself.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
So many spoilers on Revelations, jeez. I'm still on Birthright.

I'm absolutely terrified of Conquest though. Simply mortified.

Fwiw, Normal mode isn't that bad. You may have to rely on the royal siblings, not bother with the really bad units, and try to keep a small group of units instead of spreading out your resources like EXP and weapons too thin by using too many units to have an easier time though. Using some units as Pair Up bots is also reccomended (I instant promoted Charlotte to Berserker and paired her with Xander for the stat boosts). But you can do just about whatever on NM, though reclassing to classes that don't retain weapon ranks is usually not a good idea, with exceptions applying. (Corrin into anything that doesn't use swords unpromoted is an example, Ninja is great but E Ranks and no Yato can be annoying to deal with. Paladin Jakob is also useful for making the early game easier, if you went with female Corrin.)

Another key thing is that the game puts more focus on enemies having skills, "interesting" weapons, and positioning over making a ton of enemies like BR. So paying attention to the entire battlefield is something you need to be doing as you play.

Conquest still offers a decent amount of flexibility, you can turtle/wait out maps for the most part (save for like, two or three maps on Normal, harder difficulties likely make turtling/slower play less of a good idea). If you've been playing Birthright on Hard Mode, the difficulty is a little close to that. Closer to BR HM than NM, at least. I played the game without any DLC (save for Before Awakening but all it gives are promotion items once and a Pebble always). But if you really need them, DLC, My Castle skill buying/resource farming, and Casual/Phoenix are all there.

For reference, I've only played all localized entries (save for FE10/RD), and a bit of FE6 (Ch. 14x was the furthest I got before quitting) and under half of FE4 (Ch. 4). And while I found Conquest to be more challenging than the rest, I wouldn't say it's incredibly hard. .

Last edited:

Nothingjustgo.

Fwiw, Normal mode isn't that bad. You may have to rely on the royal siblings, not bother with the really bad units, and try to keep a small group of units instead of spreading out your resources like EXP and weapons too thin by using too many units to have an easier time though. Using some units as Pair Up bots is also reccomended (I instant promoted Charlotte to Berserker and paired her with Xander for the stat boosts). But you can do just about whatever on NM, though reclassing to classes that don't retain weapon ranks is usually not a good idea, with exceptions applying. (Corrin into anything that doesn't use swords unpromoted is an example, Ninja is great but E Ranks and no Yato can be annoying to deal with. Paladin Jakob is also useful for making the early game easier, if you went with female Corrin.)

Another key thing is that the game puts more focus on enemies having skills, "interesting" weapons, and positioning over making a ton of enemies like BR. So paying attention to the entire battlefield is something you need to be doing as you play.

Conquest still offers a decent amount of flexibility, you can turtle/wait out maps for the most part (save for like, two or three maps on Normal, harder difficulties likely make turtling/slower play less of a good idea). If you've been playing Birthright on Hard Mode, the difficulty is a little close to that. Closer to BR HM than NM, at least. I played the game without any DLC (save for Before Awakening but all it gives are promotion items once and a Pebble always). But if you really need them, DLC, My Castle skill buying/resource farming, and Casual/Phoenix are all there.

For reference, I've only played all localized entries (save for FE10/RD), and a bit of FE6 (Ch. 14x was the furthest I got before quitting) and under half of FE4 (Ch. 4). And while I found Conquest to be more challenging than the rest, I wouldn't say it's incredibly hard. .

I refuse to play on filthy casual mode

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I refuse to play on filthy casual mode

Then prepare to lose some units (which is a given for any classic playthrough)

Even with casual, I still had a hard time with the final boss. Those enemies would spawn at the worst times.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I've still had some hard times on Casual Birthright. Near the endgame I lost 3 units on the first turn of a mission.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I found a copy of Radiant Dawn at the convention in town for $40. $40. I immediately bought it.

Never know when I could turn up a profit. My first RD disc works just dandy, so hey.

Also the difficulty in Fates isn't too painstaking. I'm more furious over how

there's no save point between the final two chapters on all three routes than the actual difficulty of those chapters. Ugh.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
I've still had some hard times on Casual Birthright. Near the endgame I lost 3 units on the first turn of a mission.

This though. I was expecting casual to be a yolo-stomp from start to finish (I prefer casual in case I get unlucky crit because I personally have astoundingly bad luck, I just pretend its not so that I don't have to reset a lot because random crit). But I was pleasantly surprised, tactics and placement are actually important even in birthright. Most of the time you can just smash stuff with random placement, but towards endgame especially you actually need to think about it. Its a really nice change of pace, the maps (at least in birthright) are actually good, rather than the poop that was awakening maps.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
i am certainly not the greatest at fe (still stuck on the map in thracia where you get the wyvern siblings, playing paragon mode too :( )

iirc Thracia is widely consider one of, if not THE, hardest FE, so being stuck on that is kind of not that bad really