• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire & Ice! (078)

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think Ash did quite well in this match, but a fire type on an ice field wasn't really a big surprise, because the other trainer thought they would get the advantage.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Did anyone notice Jessie actually called Ash BY HIS NAME in this episode??? I always thought they didn't have a clue what his name was and didn't care.

She did?! Dang I've been looking for examples of when someone in Team Rocket used Ash's name... though she wasn't talking to him directly so it's not quite what I'm looking for...

Eh, a decent episode I guess. Glad to see Ash won all his rounds ^^

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
this was a cool episode i really enjoyed the battle between pikachu and arcanine, they sdhould show the episodes more often on TV.

Icefiyre

Banned
Part two of the Pokemon League!
Well not really as the battle was short though. I did really find humorous of Team Rocket posing as double nurse Joy. But I didn't like the way that Team Rocket just revealed themselves whenever they kept on hearing the word "trouble".

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The first battle was very short, i think they little hurry there. the second was better.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Kinda mad that we didn't see a full battle in the Rock field. It started out in the last match-up...

Great episode, I loved that Kingler took out Cloyster with a few hits. It was really the superstar of this tournament.

As for Pikachu versus Arcanine, it was epic with Pikachu skiing past using it's speed. 10/10

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I remember this episode just because of the scene of Pika vs Arcanine. All in all this league was great because of entirety.. Don't take battles like Nidorino vs Squirtle for granted! it's part of the whole league. Parts like Ash strugling to get back at the league in time to beat richie that stuff, that made this league awesome.. Hoenn just had the fighting.. which became boring.. really.. though I'm not saying the battles were crap.

This episode also had Brock taking care of Ash in one way or another, first his balls, then his pikachu.. because if Brock didn't scream 'dive'.. Pikachu would've had a Fire Blast to it's face.. Though I find it funny that when Pikachu resurfaced.. that small Arcanine had no battling spirit left.. It looked like a puppy xD

JohnLee

Love this episode..the fight between Pikachu and Arcanine was so great...
hope to see it on tv again someday

It'd be really nice if America did something like Japan's pokemon sunday where they show an hour of old episodes. Just an hour of old pokemon episodes every sunday starting with the first season.

Kinda mad that we didn't see a full battle in the Rock field. It started out in the last match-up...

Great episode, I loved that Kingler took out Cloyster with a few hits. It was really the superstar of this tournament.

As for Pikachu versus Arcanine, it was epic with Pikachu skiing past using it's speed. 10/10

One of pikachu's best old school wins! It was pretty intimidated by arcanine at first.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Not a bad episode, it's just it would been better to see a full battle in each field (Rock and Ice). Having them wandering around looking for a pokemon center was fun though, like when Jessie and James show themselves Brock and Ash get scolded by Misty for fooling around instead of getting Pikachu back.

saar

Shiny Flygon
There were many breaks in this episode .. But I especially loved the battles. Kingler was pretty strong on its own, and his loss to Arcanine was pretty surprised due to its type advantage.
Finally Ash used a smart strategy with the Water-Electric attack. From now on he became smarter.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Found the entire ZOMG WATER USE ELECTRIC idiotic. It's on ICE. Which is very bad at leading electricity. Wouldn't have annoyed me so much if it wasn't the big reason Ash won, and it was shouted out.

Also, the earlier match(with the nidorino).

There is a big miss in it.

Both trainers are down two- but Ash's lamp shows that Ash had two mons left and one fainted- if this was the case, Nidorino should already have been out and have floored a mon. Instead Ash's second Pokémon seems to have fainted completely on it's own whim, since the opponents pokemon was already considered beaten.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Found the entire ZOMG WATER USE ELECTRIC idiotic. It's on ICE. Which is very bad at leading electricity. Wouldn't have annoyed me so much if it wasn't the big reason Ash won, and it was shouted out.

Also, the earlier match(with the nidorino).

There is a big miss in it.

Both trainers are down two- but Ash's lamp shows that Ash had two mons left and one fainted- if this was the case, Nidorino should already have been out and have floored a mon. Instead Ash's second Pokémon seems to have fainted completely on it's own whim, since the opponents pokemon was already considered beaten.

G50

No longer posting
This was a great episode. I didn't however like the fact that not all of the 2 battles was shown... I hate when they do that, battles should always be shown fully! The battle between Arcanine and Pikachu was the best battle yet!

59/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
This was an okay episode. It was a little lame how they didn't show Ash's two battles in full. With the battle against the Nidorino guy, I was confused and thought they had skipped part of the battle or something (guess I wasn't paying attention at the beginning). I wish they would have at least given the Nidorino trainer a name. :/

I did like the parts where Togepi pulled on the table cloth in that restaraunt and how they portrayed Brock falling in love with Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny in this episode. Those were quite funny. xD

Vernikova

Champion
Yeah, the battles in this episode weren't that great since they were both pretty short. The whole middle prtion of the episode felt more like a huge filler than anything else to be honest. Out of the two battles, the best was clearly the Arcanine match. I did like Jessie and James struggling to not say their motto though.

This is an awesome episode. Ash crying and saying "Ik heb geen geld!" (Dutch for "I don't have any money!") in the resteaurant was awesome, and he thought the waitress was a fan of him. Also, James dressed as a doctor was great in this episode. However, I would have liked to see more of the two league battles Ash had.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Koffing!
Team Rocket in bins, haha. I think Jessie made a very good Nurse Joy.
How would battling make the Trainer hungry anyway? It's the Pokémon that does all the work.
Anyway this episode was quite boring seeing as the two battles were so short. They mention hit points though. o: The Arcanine battle was fun, although that wasn't a Dragon Rage, it was a Twister. ¬¬

silent_control

It was a really nice episode, but I really can't understand how Pikachu managed to zap the Arcanine; he was on ice, not on water.