• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire & Ice! (078)

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I liked this match but I didn't like on how Misty and Brock was helping him.

7threst

I did enjoyed this episode, solely on the fact that we can see some of Ash's beginner strategies and tactics. While perhaps this episode was a little bit weaker than the previous and next episode, I can't help but to cheer for both Gary and Ash lol.

Blessed

I love this episode, I was happy that Ash won. Seeing Jessie call Ash by his actual name kinda surprised me because she's always called him "twerp"

NPT

Just a member
This episode disappointed me. Instead of focusing on Ash's full battle in the Rock Field, it's mostly foscued on Team Rocket's another stupid attempt of stealing Pikachu. I don't like it when the writers put episodes like this in the middle of a League arc.

Oh well, at least Ash's third round match in the Ice Field was shown. Kingler vs. Cloyster and Pikachu vs. Arcanine was good.....but the battles were too short, so I didn't enjoy them.

I agree that that first battle was too short. The second was better.

I got to say, it has to hurt a Cloyster a lot to have it's outer shell actually crack like that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Aside from Ash's battles, I liked seeing him and the others roam around at night looking for a Pokemon Center here. I didn't care for Team Rocket's fake Pokemon Center scheme, but the middle part of this episode served its role as a slight breather between the back-to-back League battles at the very least.

Gillachu

Banned
Why did the writers rush through Ash's rock field match...? Instead of skipping most of it, we should've seen it all instead of the TR drama.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was cool to have a break from the league battles and see Ash's group out in the town looking for a pokemon center. Pikachu vs Arcanine on the field of ice was great, especially when the ice melted. :3

JudySpell

Banned
Why did the writers rush through Ash's rock field match...? Instead of skipping most of it, we should've seen it all instead of the TR drama.

Definitely. I don't understand why Ash's 2nd match in the Indigo League was handled as an afterthought.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought that Zenigame versus Nidorino, and Satoshi's second Sekiei League match as a whole, deserved to be longer. I liked when we saw Shigeru observing it, even though he was a jerk as usual. The Rocket-dan's plot seemed like a waste of time, but at least Pikachu versus Windie was a treat.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Poor Ash, getting scammed by TR right when he needed to heal his Pokemon. I didn't like seeing two Indigo League matches here though. Each one should have had its own episode. :/

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Definitely. I don't understand why Ash's 2nd match in the Indigo League was handled as an afterthought.

I agree with that, tho I'm guessing that since the Kanto league itself was rushed, that Ash's second and third battles simply had to be shortened to make room for other subplots. ^^

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I agree with that, tho I'm guessing that since the Kanto league itself was rushed, that Ash's second and third battles simply had to be shortened to make room for other subplots. ^^

Eh, there would've been plenty of time for two whole Ash-centric League battles here if the TR thing hadn't occurred. That's what wasted the most time..

ZilverLox

Banned
KidsWB made this episode look really interesting when they showed Gary commenting on how Ash's victories are going to his head, and Team Rocket saying they finally captured Pikachu. I remember getting really excited about seeing this episode, and then when I saw Team Rocket stealing Pikachu and getting rescued in mere seconds by Onix, I thought that was such a cop-out.

_LightMeww_

Kingler vs. Cloyster was good, though not as intense as Pikachu vs. Arcanine. I liked how Pikachu made smart use of the melted ice and water to electrocute the opponent's Arcanine.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked how Pikachu made smart use of the melted ice and water to electrocute the opponent's Arcanine.

It made me cackle to see Arcanine's Fire Blast spammage backfire. His trainer had no idea how badly he messed up until Pikachu took advantage of the field.