• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Pokemon? Grass Pokemon?

EmberGryphon

Meowth Fanatic <3
I only use fire-types. Well, fire-types and meowth. Ever, any game. x3

Why? I just like to burn things.

Meowth learns thunderbolt (for against water types) and blizzard (for against rock, ground, and dragon types) and gets many many stat raising items, and it actually works pretty well.

Jiggy37

Pearl Trader
Fire-types:
I don't hesitate to use Ninetales, probably because it's my favorite character design out of all the evolved Pokemon. Plus, she's reasonably fast and can help set up a whole team... Will-O-Wisp a Curse/Dragon Dance/Swords Dance/Choice Band Pokemon, or Grudge something to trash their Rock Slide, Earthquake, or Surf.
Other than that, Fire-types really aren't my favorite. I'll use Flareon on a Baton Passing team if they make stat breeding a lot easier in D/P, and Houndoom much have some potential if Pursuit becomes physical, especially to deal with a younger cousin of mine who likes using a team containing two Mewtwo.

Grass-types:
I'd use Venusaur or Sceptile, but I haven't done it just yet. Ludicolo is a favorite of mine, though, and a lot of its strength comes from the fact that Grass' usual Ice and Fire weaknesses are negated. Meganium is also a favorite due to her insane tanking abilities. I wish she got Baton Pass, though... With Ingrain tacked on to great pseudo-passing abilities, she'd be almost ideal.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Jiggy37 said:
Fire-types:
I don't hesitate to use Ninetales, probably because it's my favorite character design out of all the evolved Pokemon. Plus, she's reasonably fast and can help set up a whole team... Will-O-Wisp a Curse/Dragon Dance/Swords Dance/Choice Band Pokemon, or Grudge something to trash their Rock Slide, Earthquake, or Surf.
Other than that, Fire-types really aren't my favorite. I'll use Flareon on a Baton Passing team if they make stat breeding a lot easier in D/P, and Houndoom much have some potential if Pursuit becomes physical, especially to deal with a younger cousin of mine who likes using a team containing two Mewtwo.

Grass-types:
I'd use Venusaur or Sceptile, but I haven't done it just yet. Ludicolo is a favorite of mine, though, and a lot of its strength comes from the fact that Grass' usual Ice and Fire weaknesses are negated. Meganium is also a favorite due to her insane tanking abilities. I wish she got Baton Pass, though... With Ingrain tacked on to great pseudo-passing abilities, she'd be almost ideal.

Ah yes, I love that seed toxicing ludicolo. meganium is a good defensive grass type as well.

Theneedleman

crazyengage
Shiny_Milotic said:
I know both of these types are very far from needed in most lineups. Would anyone here ever use one? If so, which type, and which Pokemon?

Ummm not to be rude but Grass and Fire types are needed. Grass has the effect of beingg effective against Water and Ground/Rock 3 big types. Fire is used against Grass, Bug and Ice types. Theses types are not as big but are usefull in certain situations. Yes I've used both. Sceptile and Meganium are two practical Grass types. Charizard is used a lot. Entei and Moltres are also used most of the time. Houndoom is another big one. For uber teams Ho-oh is used a lot also. More people use Fire then Grass though.

Ridi

YOUR best friend
Sure, I use both Grass and Fire types. Grass is my favorite type, and while I don't like Fire as much anymore, I still cling to it for nostalgic reasons (it was my favorite type back when Pokemon first came out).

The Fire Pokemon I prefer is Blaziken, because I love its design and the fact that it's part Fighting. I sometimes use a Magcargo and Charmander as well.

As for Grass, my favorite would be Roselia, closely followed by Shiftry.

I'm not a competitive battler... obviously. :B

duelistXmist

Johto Champion
FIRE:Charizard,Typhshion,Blazien,Camrupt,Magmar,Hondoom & Nintails.
Grass:Tropius,Venasaur,Secptile,Breloom,Shiftry,Ludicolo,Sunfolra,Exegutor,Vecteribell & Paracet.

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
You kidding?

Fire is my specialty.

Just ask Blaziken, Torkoal, and Magcargo, who are all currently in my party...

Grass? Nah...

Comray001

IMMA FIRIN MEH LAZOR
Houndoom and Sceptile are my favorite Fire and Grass types

SamsGFX

<< May Is Sexci!
On my Emerald:
Fire: Blaziken
Grass: I don't have one

Leaf Green:
Fire: Flareon
Grass: Tangela [Tis quite powerful actually!!]

pikachu65

my strongest fire type pkmn is charizard even though it has low defense
my favorite grass type is meganium, it has high sp.def
he is good against kyogre even if it knows ice beam
i used to like venasour, but i stoped using it because it has more weaknesses cause its poison type too

Cain

RAWR
Well, I generally don't use many Fire Pokemon, and when I do, It's usually Arcanine or Houndoom. Grass Pokemon though, I use a lot. Jumpluff is a great annoyer, and Victreebel, Exeggutor and Breloom are great too.

Psyboy

Psychic Breeder
I don't really use fire types cause I feel like they are not needed so much but in my sapphire I used a Camerupt, sadly they stole it from me. As for Grass types I like them a lot. In my emerald I use sceptile and Jumpluff is a great pokemon too

I love grass type pokemon :) They are so nice... I'm like Erika, we love grass types, hehe.

I would use:
Tropius, Bellosom, Meganium, Venusaur and.... the last evolution of grass starter from D/P. Probably its evolution will be very good. I wish I could see it.

o i use lodes of grass ^^ not all in same team, i use, venusaur, tropius, sunflora, meganium, victreebell, cacturne, etc

i've only used one fir type ever in my team and thats blaziken

i'm more of a ghost trainer, i've trained them all except shedinja

EDIT, o i forgot ludicolo and shiftry for my grasses

Last edited:

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
There are so few good fire types. The only good ones are the starters and houndoom. But there are lots of good grass types.

Cucco-Cojiro

Female Trainer
I have two grass types on my team, Sceptile and Breloom. I also like using Charizard and Houndoom, and I hear Blaziken is good too.

Theneedleman

crazyengage
Yes I also like Jumpluff, Arcanine, and Breloom. Jumpluff is a speed demon when its abilitly is activated. Arcanine can OHKO a Swampert, and Breloom is a great Spore-Sub-Puncher pokemon.

Dark Charizard

I have always tried to have a Grass type in my team. It especially comes in handy with all these Water/Ground types they have added. Generally I use Vileplume, Tropius, or a Grass starter. I always pick Fire for my starter though, so I only use a Grass starter if I traded. I'd like to use Bellosom, since it is a pure Grass instead of Grass/Poison, but Vileplume has significantly higher Special Attack.
Fire isn't entirely needed, but it's just cool, and it comes in handy. It's been my favorite type since Red and Blue with Charmander, and I've picked it for my starter ever since.