• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Pokemon in Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a good Fire type in pokemon Emerald? I'm assembling a type team.;219;
At the time, I'm deciding between Slugma and Numel to evolve into Magcargo and Camerupt, but neither of them have very high hp, which is important to me.

Trainer of Legends

ToL - The Legend
Well, you can try catching a Vulpix, then evolving it into Ninetales. It has about 220 HP when it has a beneficial nature.

220? wow that's alot. By the way, Torkoal is pretty good, but i like evolving pokemon so i have something to look forward to.

i've decided to go with camerupt because he can be used as an anti-fire as well. With his ground moves and all. Feel free to post more replys though.

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
Yeah Id say ninetails.Campurnt is good but big4x weakness to waters bad

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
ninetales is pretty good so i would go with that

Seer

I used Camerupt on my first team through Sapphire. I loved him to pieces. He was an excellent pokemon, ground/fire is a very nice typing (in my mind). Sure he has that 4x weakness... but you can always switch ya?

crudent

Umm, let's start by saying HP isn't the most important factor of a pokemon. If you chose Torchic as your starter, then go with Blaziken. It's the best Fire-type you can get in Emerald. Or else, just go with Ninetales.

Wynaut?

I used Camerupt on my first team through Sapphire. I loved him to pieces. He was an excellent pokemon, ground/fire is a very nice typing (in my mind). Sure he has that 4x weakness... but you can always switch ya?
Haha, I did the same when I had Ruby ages ago. Camerupt was great but then I started with Torchic in Emerald...

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Camerupt is a great Pokemon if you didn't choose Trochic as a starter. I have one at Lvl 100 and love it.

Ashen

*Melody ~+~ Harmony*
Before the E4, Camerupt is a pretty good Pkmn to use, since you can use its Ground-type moves as well (though, it doesn't learn many good Fire moves on its own, save Ember). After the E4, though, since you're playing Emerald, hit the Safari Zone and get yourself a Houndour (make sure to breed it, though, so you can get all the EV benefits from leveling it from L5).

nubinator

Banned
Blaziken, Ninetales... Houndoom is preety good too.

Mew3

Kill `em!
I say Houndoom, it pwns.

Yuna

Sweet beauty
Go with Torkoal, Ninetales or Houndoom. I would say that Houndoom is very good if you use clear moveset. I would go with this:
-Crunch
-Flamethrower
-Pursuit
-Will-o-Wisp
or
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
- Crunch
- Flamethrower
Torkoal is kinda fine because Defence, but his Speed sucks and his Attacks aren`t that special too, so if you want something really strong, don`t pick Torkoal as your leader.
Ninetales is fine, here is a moveset:
- Fire Blast/Overheat - she needs something really strong
- Will-o-wisp
- Grudge
- Substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.