• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Red and Leaf Green Scramble Challenge - New (read first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenixphire

The Elite Trainer take an Arbok

R_N

Update time!
-Motlres! (Jerk out of nowhere)
-Zapdos! (Expected Jerk)
-Articuno! (Currently the least jerkish)

Then I went to take on Giovanni. Not too hard, Grenouil, Drifter, and Whomp handled themselves well enough.

After getting Ice Beam from the Game Corner came the pen-ultimate Blue battle. Everything was going great until his Charizard, which annihilated my team. Time to grind!....oh boy...

Last edited:

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Current team:

Farfetch'd,
Fearow,
Arcanine
Arbok,
Nidoking.

R_N

I got through Victory Road with little trouble, and completely cleaned it out. And then the entire reason I chose Rock Head came to be: Double Edge on Whomp.
I stocked up on supplies for the E4, and then took the plunge.

Loreili wasn't too much of a problem. Dewgong & Cloyster fell easily to Rai's Thunderbolt, and while Lapras kind of tanked hits, it went down as well. At the very least, it depleted her Full Restores. Slowbro I just decided to stall with Yolk; Leech Seed+Sleep Powder+Egg Bomb. Also took the time to heal up a little. All it ever did was use Amnesia twice. Jynx was probably the hardest to take down; lack of a fire move and all. But she fell eventually to Drifter's Toxic & Surf.

Bruno! Oh Bruno, I'll never understand why you aren't the first member...I toyed with his Onix with Whomp's Bonemerang, and then Trionia sweeped with Drill Peck. Easy.

Agatha! Oh god I hate her Gengar so much. I just kept surfing with Drifter and friends to take those two out. So annoying. Arbok was taken out by Bonemerang, and Haunter was felled by Yolk.

Lance! Surprisingly not terribly hard. Rai fried his Gyarados, while Drifter took care of his Dragonairs with Ice Beam (though he did KO due to Hyperbeam, but Whomp finished that up). Dragonite wasn't too hard, a little Double Edge, a little Ice beam, no problem. Aeordactyl, on the other hand... Lets just say I used a lot of revives and stallings and leave it at that.

Blue! I was really worried with this battle due to his prior battle, but I pulled through. Rai fried his Pidgeot with little trouble (stupid Aerial ace). Trionia almost got Alakazam single handily, but it put up Reflect; Rai paralysed it and managed to stall through its Future Sights enough for Trionia's Return to take it down. Rhyhorn is Rhyhorn, it wasn't going to survive Grenouil's Surf. His Exeggutor was a pain: Drill Peck didn't do as much as I had hoped, and niehter did Ice Beam. But a Full Restore on his end and some luck on my side later, it went down. Gyarados didn't fall in one hit to Thunderbolt, but that's fine since he wasted all of his Full Restores on it.
Then came Charizard. I think I got very lucky here. Fire Blast kept missing, allowing me to Paralyze it and get up Light Screen. I think I got a Thunderbolt in there as well before Rai went down. By this point I had just Trionia & Yolk left, and they did great. The former hit hard, and Yolk managed to finish him off with two Psychics. Again, luck was on myside as it managed to survive one Fire Blast and another missed.

and thus...
HNI_0008.jpg
HNI_0009.jpg

I plan to keep this challenge going through the post-game, though probably not the E4 R2.
Rai(Raichu) M
Level 48
@Amulet Coin
Careful
-Thunderbolt
-Strength
-Light Screen
-Thunder Wave
Stats
HP: 125
Atk:110
Def:70
Sp Atk100:
Sp Def:108
Speed:121

Trionia(Dodrio) F
Level 49
@Soothe Bell
Sassy
-Drill Peck
-Return
-Fly
-Pursuit
Stats
HP:128
Atk:137
Def:83
Sp Atk:74
Sp Def:77
Speed:103

Whomp(Marowak) M
Level 47
@Thick Club
Naive
-Bonemerang
-Brick Break
-Double-Edge
-False Swipe
Stats
HP:132
Atk:95
Def:123
Sp Atk:63
Sp Def:78
Speed:73

Grenouil(Poliwrath) M
Level 47
@Leftovers
Rash
-Surf
-Body Slam
-Rain Dance
-Brick Break
Stats
HP:143
Atk:96
Def:108
Sp Atk:94
Sp Def:89
Speed:90

Yolk(Exeggutor) M
Level 48
@Leftovers
Naive
-Psychic
-Egg Bomb
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
Stats
HP:154
Atk:113
Def:93
Sp Atk:139
Sp Def:77
Seed:73

Drifter(Tentacruel) M
Level
@--
Mild
-Surf
-Toxic
-Ice Beam
-Giga Drain
Stats
HP:141
Atk:89
Def:69
Sp Atk97:
Sp Def:125
Speed:116

R_N

Well my challenge has finally come to a close.

The remainder of the islands weren't terribly hard, but it was a nice time.
4 Island was pretty easy, but considering the pokemon, of course it would be.
The last two rockets at the base were the hardest of the bunch, I'm not sure why I had so much trouble.
I also took a detour to the Trainer Tower. My team made it through, but it was a rough time for me.
But in the end, my team pulled through, and I connected to Hoenn.

My last stop of the evening was Mewtwo. My wonderful team beat down pretty much everything, culminating in the easiest Mewtwo capture I ever had. Light Screen'd up, then double-edged a few times with Whomp, followed by a few False Swipes. Caught it on the second ultra ball, no status ailments.

Over all, I really enjoyed the challenge, and the pokemon I used. It was different, it was fun, I'm madly in love with Marowak now. Thick Club is so awesome.
Buuut I probably wouldn't do it again anytime soon. I like playing things by what I like, adapting and all that.

I ended my challenge with level 50s across the board, sans Rai, Trionia & Whomp who were level 51.

Slappy_Pancake

Wartortle (Water Pulse)
Gloom
Tentacruel (A non water/poison attack)
Seel
Clefairy (Doubleslap)
-

One more, guys.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
@Slappy_Pancake

Finish with an Electabuzz, called SparkPlug. Must know Thunder as only Electric attack.

Slappy_Pancake

Wartortle (Water Pulse)
Gloom
Tentacruel (A non water/poison attack)
Seel
Clefairy (Doubleslap)
Electabuzz [SparkPlug] (Thunder, no other electric attacks)

Sounds good! I'll start on this right away.

jammy3000100

Steel Trainer
I haven't played through my leafgreen for a while so I might as well have a go at this I would like all the pokemon to be fully evolved please.

Status
Not open for further replies.