• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Red PKMN Team Help!

someguy48

I need help on creating a type versatile team for fire red. Among the Pokemon listed, could someone suggest a good team and say what moves they should know?

All evolved starters from 1st 3 gens, arcanine, lapras, jynx, snorlax, slaking, jolteon, Nidoking, rhydon, tyranitar, heracross, hitmonlee, alakazam, gardevoir, Metagross, gengar, Dragonite, salamence [and almost all legendaries]

I know I listed a bunch of ubers or w/e they're called, but if possible, could I get a team excluding legendaries, and one including? Thanks!

Btw, I feel obliged to say that this is my first post/thread

-someguy48

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Welcome to Serebii Forums. As a general guide, give each Pokemon one move that matches up with their type. For example, Nidoking would enjoy Sludge Bomb and Earthquake, Heracross would be great with Megahorn and Brick Break, and Jolteon would benefit from Thunderbolt or Thunder. There are exceptions, like Tyranitar may not want Crunch since it is Special in GenIII, so you may want another Physical attack, or even something like Ice Beam for some Special coverage that Crunch can not provide. Also, Gengar would not benefit much from a Ghost and Poison STAB, since they play of his Attack which is significantly lower than its Special Attack. For your last slots, you want support moves such as Thunder-Wave, Toxic, Recover, Reflect etc. You could also opt for another attacking move to give coverage, such as Steel Wing on Dragonite to counter Ice-type. Those are some ways you can choose your attacks.

For choosing the actual Pokemon, its pretty much up to you. Generally, I like to cover a broad range of type, such as the standard Fire, Water, Gras and Electric. Some of your Pokemon listed above cover a great variety of types so if wanted to use those then you have a lot of choice.

The next step would be to post your future team as well as their movesets. Natures and EVs aren't too necessary, since you're playing in-game where the AI have no EVs and only lowe-ish IVs I believe. From doing this, you can get valuable feedback on how your team looks to other people. That's how RMT works: you post a team, either current or future, and then get constructive feedback on how it may stack up. Do that and I will rate it for you. Good luck :)