• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Red Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kpotts

I need help on my fire red team with move sets. I'm at cinnabar island. My team is as follows:

Tentacruel (37)
-Surf
-Bubblebeam
-Giga Drain
-Acid (Ice Beam)

Charizard (43)
-FlameThrower
-Brick Breaker
-Fly
-Wing Attack (Dragon Claw)

Snorlax (39)
-Return
-Shadow Ball
-Sleep Talk
-Rest

Jolteon (39)
-Thunderbolt
-Bite
-Quick Attack
-Double Kick

Mr. Mime (38)
-Psybeam
-Shock Wave
-Magical Leaf
-Trick

Nidoking (40)
-Rockslide
-Earthquake
-Water Pulse (Sludge Bomb)
-Double Kick (Megahorn)

arceus03

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the movesets, it seems. I would suggest leveling up more, since Blaine's strongest pogey comes at L47, but the moves seem alright to me.

Okay maybe Mr. Mime. Psychic when you get it (obviously), and you might want to consider Calm Mind / Light Screen / Reflect > Trick. I find Thunderbolt to be way superior than Shock Wave, unless you're afraid of Sand Attack Pidgeot a certain someone is going to have later in the game.

Tentacruel can have Toxic > Bubblebeam for more support.

Be mindful that Sleep Talk has a 1/3 chance to fail (if it selects Rest), so if you'd rather not take that chance, scrap it and replace with another move, and give him Chesto Berries instead (or use the PokeFlut). Rollout or Brick Break could fill the slot. Or you can cross your fingers and hope he'll get Return and/or Shadow Ball every time.

Last edited:

Kpotts

Thanks yah I plan to have Mr Mime with calm mind and psychic. I also might buy another thunderbolt TM for him too. Bubblebeam for toxic sounds great too. I'm going to take my chances with snorlax though because his defensive stats r so good. I also already beat blain pretty easily.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Yeah definitely get thunderbolt for mr mime sand attack pigeot who someone has *cough* Gary, won,t be a problem as you have jolteon as well who can outspeed and t-bolt it. You could give Snorlax brick break as that would help for lorlei in the future and his atk stat is better than his sp atk stat :)

i'd recommend dropping 'trick' on mr mime in place of calm mind, and working towards upgrading 'psybeam' with 'psychic'.
i think you went with a great set for nidoking, just a quick question though, the moves you've shown in parenthesis () <-- are those the moves you're planning to go with later? if that is the case, i think you've pretty much locked in nidoking to become an unholy terror. sludge bomb on it's own is absolutely brutal, but giving it to nidoking for STABs will make it that much better. other than that, you really just need levels in place, you definitely have pretty good coverage in your team's move pool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.