• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Red Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Ok guys what do you think of my planned out FR team?

Charizard @ Charcoal

Rash nature
Attack, Sp Attack, and Speed

Fly STAB
Flamethrower STAB
Iron Tail (20 stronger than Metal Claw may lower Defense but it's not as accurate but still better imo)
Earthquake/Hyper Beam

Went with Rash nature for mixed attack and sp. attack without interfering with attack, sp. attack, or speed.
Iron Tail takes out Rock weakness and Earthquake takes out Electric weakness, and will be semi powerful with EV'd Attack.

Rhydon @ Soft Sand

Adamant nature
Attack and defense

Earthquake STAB
Rock Slide STAB
Megahorn
Double-Edge (no recoil)/Brick Break

Not much to be said here, got 2 of the best STAB moves for Rhydon and a very powerful bug type move to take out Psychic, Grass??, and Dark, and Double-Edge which will be very powerful with a maxed out attack or Brick Break for Normal types. Leaning more towards Double-Edge since he will have Rock Head.

Exeggutor @ Miracle Seed

Modest nature
Sp. Attack, HP, Def

Sleep Powder
Psychic/Dream Eater STAB
Solarbeam STAB
Sunny Day

Doesn't have a diverse move-pool to work with. Sleep Powder to put the foe to sleep and Dream Eater for a nice Psychic STAB as well as regain health while their asleep. Psychic is a potential replacement for Dream Eater but it doesn't gain health, only may reduce Sp. Def. Then I got the Sunny Day and Solarbeam combo which = grass pwnage, Exeggutor's speed also increases in the Sunlight.

Omastar@ Mystic Water

Timid Nature

Sp. Attack, Def, Speed

Ice Beam
Surf/Hydro Pump STAB
Anchientpower
Rain Dance

1 of Omastars 2 stab moves is special while the other is physical but the more important one stands out. Omastar has the swift swim ability meaning it's speed doubles while Rain Dance is in effect. Timid nature will give me a fast Omastar but it's base Sp. Attack with max EV's should hold up. Surf/Hydro Pump is his STAB water move and Rain Dance will be used on my first move to raise his speed drastically. Ancientpower may not be a strong STAB for Omastar since his Attack sucks but it may increase all my stats which is a plus. Ice Beam is to take out Grass Pokemon countering his 4x weakness.

Electabuzz @ Magnet

Mild Nature
Sp. Attack, Speed, and Attack

Thunderbolt STAB
Screech
Brick Break
Return

Thunderbolts better than Thunder imo unless you're running Rain Dance, Thunderbolt is a great STAB move for Electabuzz. Screech to lower their Defense giving Brick Break and Return a lot of power. Not really patient enough to breed for Cross Chop, tho Electabuzz would be a menace if it had it.

Dragonite@ Dragon Fang

Modest Nature
Sp. Attack, Speed

Dragon Dance
Hyper Beam
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower

Any recommendations or does everything look good?

Last edited:

arceus03

Looks pretty solid to me, though I'd consider Brick Break > Iron Tail. Slightly less base power, hits more type for SE damage.

Hyper Beam... ew. Stay away from that. If you really want a Normal move, go with Return. With Nite since he's Modest, you could go all special and scrap both DD and Hyper Beam.

You could breed Exeggutor to get Synthesis for more benefit with Sunny Day, but since you weren't breeding Electabuzz, idk if you' do so with the egg.

That's it really.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I should replace Dragon Dance and Hyper Beam with Dragonite, it's speed should be fine without it and most of good moves including his Dragon moves are special so it makes more sense. If anything I'll just run Outrage/Dragon Claw, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower giving me really good type coverage with just one Pokemon.

Synthesis for Exeggutor; replace it with Sleep Powder I'm assuming? Synthesis does give me more health in the sunlight but Sleep Powder can also become very useful, especially if I decide to run Dream Eater, it can be my way of regaining health.

I was originally going to use Vaporeon but I quickly replaced it with Omastar once I remembered it had swift swim. 120 base speed in the rain, mystic water, and Rain Dance practically makes him OP so I said why not? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.