• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Theme Team

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Hello, I have used this team in a couple of matches so far on Pokemon Showdown; so far I have won 12 out of 24 matches. When I put this team together I at least thought I would win over 50 percent, I now realize I could use help to make it a lot better which is why I am here. I tried to go with a half type team with three of my pokemon benefiting from sunny day, and the other pokemon I have are to better balance out my team. I am open to any kind of suggestions that will help improve my team; I do not really like to use legendary type pokemon even if they are in OU. I will be using this team in matches such as to help my guild and properly make a statement, I will take any input and any help I am given, thank you.

Pokemon Squad

I chose Infernape to be my lead pokemon because he is a dual type fire/fighting type that’s very beneficial with his high attack stat, he has so far not let me down in a match where I needed him. I attached Life Orb to him to help increase damage; I also added the Iron Fist ability to further boost his physical attacks such as close combat and focus blast. Infernape has Earthquake and flamethrower to balance himself out; he has been knocked out a few times but still pulls through when I need him.

INFERNAPE @Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
Shiny: yes
EVs: 252 Spd/252 Atk/4 Satk
Hasty Nature
-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
- Earthquake

I selected Umbreon because he is a great supporter type pokemon to use; also he is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon. I equipped him with Leftovers to help boost recovery and keep him going, I also added Wish to help in his recovery from damage. Swagger I put to confuses the opponent’s pokemon and boost my Foul Play attack, this combo works very well and it is very effective in all of my battles. I have Heal Bell also because I want to be able to recover my pokemon if they are affected with special conditions; Umbreon provides me with a supporter type and can attack if it needs too.

UMBREON @leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP/252 Satk/252 Spd
Careful Nature
-Swagger
-Foul Play
-Wish
-Heal Bell

I picked Ninetails because in my opinion it is power with its special attack stat, I put her in my squad to relief pressure off Infernape and give me a real powerful fire type. I added the ability drought to bring sunny day into play without losing a turn, with this in play it can start boosting all of its fire attacks such as flamethrower and Fire Blast. I have further its attacks by adding the item Wise Glasses to boost accuracy, Solarbeam and Substitute are used to stall for attack and to wipe out ground/rock types.

NINETAILS @Wise Glasses
Trait: Drought
Shiny: yes
EVs: 252 Spd/ 252 Satk/ 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast
-Flamethrower
-Solarbeam
-Substitute

I have Cloyster in my squad to have that dual type water/ice on my side in battle to keep things balanced; I fitted Cloyster with the Skill Link ability to bring out the best in my Icicle Spear attack as well as Rocky Helmet to inflict damage. Toxic spikes are used to poison and give me an advantage on my opponent’s pokemon switching out; I usually make this move first to start the match. Hydro pump I use to takeout those who are weak to water type attacks, Aqua Ring is in there as well to help boost the HP recovery and keep it going.

CLOYSTER @Rocky Helmet
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk
Lax Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Icicle Spear
-Toxic Spikes
-Aqua Ring

Hydreigon is the strongest Pokemon on my team which is why I gave him Dragon Fang to boost his attacks, his levitate ability is especially beneficial to him since he is a dark type which is weak to ground types. Crunch I use for annoying Ghost and Psychic types, as in focus Blast I use on those that are weak to this move. Outrage is one powerful of a dragon type attack so it’s his main attack, Dragon Tail I use to switch pokemon to nullify there stat changes in battles.

HYDREIGON @Dragon Fang
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd/ 252 Atk/ 4 Satk
Hasty Nature
-Outrage
-Dragon Tail
-Crunch
-Focus Blast

I have Venusaur in my lineup to have that strong Grass type pokemon to use; I equipped him with Quick Claw to ensure it can go first. Chlorophyll I use while sunny day is out to heal and with sunny day available I can use Solarbeam a turn ahead, Earthquake is another move I gave it just in case I face off against a fire type or strong ice type. Sleep powder helps me stall for recovery time and when I use Leech Seed it further boosts my healing powers, this combination of moves has so far proven to be effective but can be flawed if not used first.

VENUSAUR @Quick Claw
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd/ 4 Atk/ 252 HP
Hasty Nature
-Sleep Powder
-Earthquake
-Solarbeam
-leech Seed

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Don't worry rairyan is here to help. and wow this team needs a lot of work i must say. from bad items to bad moves.

INFERNAPE @Expert belt
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset
~ Overheat
~ Close Combat
~ ThunderPunch
~ Hidden Power Ice / U-turn / Mach Punch

use this smogon set. overheat can do so much damage in sun even to pokemon that resist it. thunder punch can help you ko water typpes and thanks to iron fist it boost it's damage. now you have a choice between hp ice which is used to kill dragons such as dragonite or you can use u turn to work out if pokemon are choiced and work out their moves. or you can use mach punch to kill faster pokes. the evds spread attacks out to make them better. expert belt boosts attack without you taking damage from life orb so i would use that.

Replace Umbreon with rotom w

item Choice Scarf
evds 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
timid nature
volt switch
hp ice
hydropump
volt switch

this pokemon will work great for you team because it can resist water type and hit poiltoad hard. thanks to volt switch you can use it when ttar is going get switched in so you can get ninetails out to keep the sun up. hp ice deals with dragons. hydropump hit ground type pokemon which can beat ninetails and infernape. rotom is the perfect counter to lando which gives your team trouble.

or you could use a bulky rotom

item Leftovers
232hp. 56 sp atk. 220 speed
modest nature
volt switch
hydropump
will o wisp
pain split

this set will work very good because you can cripple ttar with wow so it can't do any damage. pain split can be used to re gain hp which is good when chansey is out.

Use this ninetails set

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 160 SDef / 100 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Roar/Sunny day

Ninetales is used to get the sun up and can be used to break heatrans balloon if they switch in. 248 hp evds to make it bulky. 160 sp def to make sure water moves do less then 50% in sun which is really useful. 100 speed to out speed toad and ttar. will o wisp is used to cripple ttar and other physical attacks. this move is very important because phyical pokemon are no threat when they are burnt. Fire blast is used to deal with breloom and to do a lot of damage to pokemon that don't resist it. Hidden power rock is used to hit dragon which resist fire blast. it is also used to break heatrans balloon.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def/4Atk
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

Donphan is really good in sun teams as it check ttar and can set up rocks while using rapid spin to get rid of rocks which hurt ninetails. I would use this over cloyster. eathquake can hurt ttar and any other pokes that don't resist it. while ice shard can hit fast pokes on low hp and beat dragons and lando.

latias would be so perfect for this team but due to you now wanting to use legends for whatever silly reason has now cost you a really good solid team :/ plz just use latias it would benefit you so much!!!!

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd/ 4hp
Adament Nature (+atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Superpower

Dragonite has to be one of the best dragons in ou due to multiscale. Dragonite is used as a late sweeper but can be used at the start to Dragonite is also used to stop eq from hitting Ninetails. Extreamespeed is used to hit hard and first. As I said before dragonite can be a late sweeper which finish off a lot of pokes with extremespeed. Thanks to choice band this can hit really hard. Earthquake is used as a filler move. Outrage is used to finish off slow pokes which can live extremespeed. Superpower is used to deal with Ballon heatran which will wall your team if infernape is dead.

or if you decide to use latias go with this set

latias
item Leftovers
natureTimid
evs 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset
~ Calm Mind
~ Roost
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Substitute / Hidden Power Fire / Psyshock

this poke can resist water and counter keldeo and lando which are a pain to sun teams. calm mind makes it a good sweeper thanks to it nice bulky stats. roost lets it gain hp back. dragon pluse is used to deal with non steel types. the last move you can pick between sub which stop t wave and toxic from hitting you. hp fire to deal with steel types ut since your a sun team you won't need to or psyshock which also hit's hard on chansey when calm mind is set up.

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 88 Def / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

here is my set for venusaur. in sun venusaur can sweep lots of pokes as long as heatran is dead!!!! don't forget that. when sun is up growth gives you 2x attack and sp atk which makes it deadly. giga drain gives you hp back and helps deal with water types. hp fire deals with steel types such as ferrothron which you can't hit it also kos gengar after one growth. sludge bomb deals with dragons or anything that resist giga drain . the evds stop banded scizor from beating you after you been hit. the speed evds make you faster than toad even in water. but dont fight it unless it's on 30% hp due to it's bulky and has ice beam. if toad is scarfed do not fight it in rain!

phew that took long to do. anyway this will make your team solid and you will be winning a lot more once you learn how to use the team or get used to it. as i said before don't limit yourself to not using legends. you may not like them but some give you a big advantage and make your team really solid and strong such as latias in this team. anyway i wish you the best of luck with the team if you are unsure of anything feel free to post and i will answer.

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Wow that's pretty much a reboot to my team lol, but thank you for your help I will strongly consider Latias on my team. This team does look very powerful, thank you so much for the help, oh un rotini has volt switch twice lol is there another move to put in there? I was just wondering about nine tails and infernape, what nature do I add to infernape and should I pick roar over sunny day? It's almost the same as the drought ability so roar would work better? Thanks again for the help :)

Last edited:

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Jolly/Adamant nature if you're going for a physical one. Timed for special (Infernape)
For my physical infernape I actually use the move set
- Flare Blitz
- Sword dance
- Close combat
- Stone edge/Earthquake

I don't use special one so have no idea for that one c:

I think calm nature would do for ninetales. (SpA/SpD)

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Yeah consider Rair's changes, because quite frankly, this is a rather weak team, as it is weak to many common threats in today's meta. I'm really just going to touch on sets, since I blow at Sun teams, but i know the basic to them. If you're going to use sun, there are some things that you basically have to have for it to be successful: A chlorophyll abuser (Venusaur), Stealth Rock so Dragonite has a harder time running you over, and a spinner (Donphan works there). A trapper is also nice, but its not 100% necessary. I'll start with Infernape. I'd keep the mixed set, and use a Naive nature so you have the speed you need without dropping your attack. I'd use a moveset of Overheat (Fire Blast can go here too) / Close Combat / HP Ice / U-turn. I don't have much experience with Infernape, so I guess Rair's EV spread is good. For Rotom-W, use either Trick or Thunderbolt over the second Volt Switch. On Ninetales, Hp Rock really isn't necessary with Will-o-Wisp and Roar. Just use Fire Blast / WoW / Roar / Sunny Day. And since you were asking, Sunny Day is used when Politoed, Tyranitar, or Hippowdon switch in to set up their respective weather. Use legendaries. If they're OU then they aren't overpowered or broken (Except for like Keldeo and Landorus who are being suspected as a result of this). Go with Rair's set, but if you want to make sure you have extra protection against the Tyranitar / Keldeo / Landorus core, you can use Reflect Type over Substitute. On Venusaur, I'd use Life Orb over Leftovers since you have Giga Drain for recovery. I'd also ditch HP Fire for Earthquake, so you can lure in and kill Heatran and Specially Defensive Jirachi, who keep Latias from sweeping. I'd also just go Timid max Spa/Spd so you don't get raped by Scarf Latios who completely demolishes this team even with Rair's suggestions. Your best bet for beating it is making it drop a draco then bringing in Venusaur to set up a Growth on it. This team doesn't have a realy problem with Scizor, so letting it Bullet Punch isn't much of a problem. That's about it, good luck with the team!

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Thank you all for the advice, I will be trying this team out thanks to all the advice I got I know I can finally get me some wins, once again I thank you all for your great help on making my team the best it could be so thank you once again I appreciate all the help :)