• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Training Battle! Ash VS Paul!! (1203)

DayQuil95

Is no one gonna talk about how adorable Kingler and Corphish are when playing lmao.

Captura_de_Tela_1475.png

RafaSceptile

I just watched it with subs and Paul's "Only use Pokemon you are using in the Master's Tournament." just broke me, so now I will just keep rewatching the Battle Frontier and thinking about just where things went wrong for these dudes to never battle again lmfao.
Blame Tobias, after that battle, Ash decided to never use reserves again

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It is so weird to get a personal rank of 3 10/10 episodes within 4 episodes. Journeys is closing the series in a very high note
Bruh SAME. Like it's been a high note of 10/10, 10/10, 9/10, 10/10 episodes for me which is honestly incredible and I can't remember the last time this happened!!
And it's not like the previous episodes before this were any bad either!! After Drasnas episode I've really liked every episode so far in some way or another, with the two alola episodes, this and Serena getting 10/10 for me, The two Project Mew episodes, Greninja, Raihan, TR radio show getting 9/10
And even the yamper episode was cute af and I absolutely loved it

Honestly, ep100 really has been a turning point for JN in the sense you get the feeling the climax is about to start. (Ep100 was another 10/10 btw) And since then, it's just been incredible and I'm loving the climax so far. Obviously I have some major problems with the narrative, that is reserves not being used and the matchups in M8 + Alain and Ash-Greninja's treatment, but I'm hoping they deliver good quality episodes nonetheless like the last batch or so

Beaten by the power of love and power of plot respectively?
Power of love? What?
Ash should’ve won because he had the power of love for Serena

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Beaten by the power of love
I know Huey Lewis and the News were a good band, but I didn't think that they could overcome AG or MCX.

/In case you don't get the reference:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Honestly, now that I've seen the episode & had time to think about it, I'm glad Ash isn't using his old pokemon in the Masters Tournament for two reasons:
  1. With him only having three 3v3 matches, there was no way he was going to use all of his pokemon like he did in the Sinnoh League. Having them appear in this episode to train the main team was a great way to make sure they each had a chance to shine and played an indirect part in the Masters 8
  2. Since Ash's Journeys team didn't have as much time to flesh out their characters like previous seasons, and a lot of the training & PWC matches took place in Offscreen Land, this is a way to make sure they get much needed time in the spotlight.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Do you think we will see Paul again during Journeys? Since Oak revealed that Paul got an offer to be a Gym Leader and assuming Paul accepts the position, what if his Gym is actually Viridian and Ash goes there to challenge him.

Or maybe he becomes one of the Gym Leaders from Scarlet and Violet.

The best part of this episode for me was pacing. Many of JN's plot episodes have a kind of rushed quickness to them that I think is symptomatic of how weirdly self-contained those type of episodes are. That isn't all the case with JN's " filler " episodes, which do much better at letting everything breathe.

I still wish the battle was longer and I would have loved it if this would have ended up as a two-partner in which this episode was solely training with the Oak mons and the second episode was the battle.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Watched this episode for the second time but with subtitles,Professor Oak revealed that Paul was there since yesterday.That softens the blow as far as him feeling rushed in this episode,the way him and Electivire made their entrance is very reminiscent to their debut in early DP.

Gengar looked really hurt from Electivire's Thunder and it wasn't even intentionally trying to battle it.This leads me to believe that Electivire is without a doubt stronger than Garchomp along with Torterra.After rewatching the battle it wasn't too bad,what was weird was the clash in attacks between Gyarados and Lucario.It looked like Gyarados had a clean hit but when the smoked cleared Gyarados was the one who ended up falling.

It makes me wonder how Lucario would've done if it didn't use that inner power to escape Gyarados's clutches.The battle overall was decent though despite Paul not using much strategy here,it's either their 4th or 5th best battle.

There's a chance "You're hopeless" will turn into "You're pathetic" in the english dub,it will be nice hearing Julian voice Paul again.And since Paul was at Professor Oak's since yesterday it makes me wonder if he knows about Gary and his rivalry with Ash,it's possible Professor Oak told him about it.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
So wait Paul avoided the PWC because he considered it too flashy and tacky but arguably the events don’t start getting hyped up until the Ultra Class (where you start getting noticed and battles are broadcasted) but yet he entered multiple leagues in different regions (including the Sinnoh which was flashy and shown across the Sinnoh region) and competed?

He’s against festivals but his last appearances was…. Losing to Ash in a Festival?

And it’s possible the Sinnoh League was displayed even beyond that because Max knew who he was off the Silver Confrence. This just seemed like a convenient excuse why they didn’t include him tbh

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
So wait Paul avoided the PWC because he considered it too flashy and tacky but arguably the events don’t start getting hyped up until the Ultra Class (where you start getting noticed and battles are broadcasted) but yet he entered multiple leagues in different regions (including the Sinnoh which was flashy and shown across the Sinnoh region) and competed?

He’s against festivals but his last appearances was…. Losing to Ash in a Festival?

And it’s possible the Sinnoh League was displayed even beyond that because Max knew who he was off the Silver Confrence. This just seemed like a convenient excuse why they didn’t include him tbh
Yeah Paul is clearly an introvert but at the same time was shown competing in tournaments that were broadcasted and was in front of live audiences.Just look at the Hearthome City Tag Battle Competition and the Pokeringer Contest,the winners of those tournaments won prizes,Paul had no problem competing in those if helped in strengthening his own pokemon.