• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Training Battle! Ash VS Paul!! (1203)

SevereRacccon6

Sinnoh and Kalos Enjoyer
So basically the writers didn’t give a F about Alain and decided he should be a sacrificed because Paul was too good for that
Alain might have better feats and all but Paul was hands down a much better fleshed out character who had a lot more behind him

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
So basically the writers didn’t give a F about Alain and decided he should be a sacrificed because Paul was too good for that

The writers don't ultimately make every decision involved in the series. They're just freelancers hired to scripts.

Alan would've have more of an involved storyline if the series wasn't low on time and low on ace animators to handle his battle with Dande. As it is Alan v. Dande had better animation than any of the other first round matches.

God bless the writers for not incorporating Paul in the PWC, they would have ruined him just to make Leon look epically strong.

A clever writing choice, for once.
Which is odd, considering he and Ash tied in their little battle.

But then again, we don't know if he uses any gimmick, but even Ash using one would have easily given Ash a win.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I feel like Shinji's the kind of guy to use Mega Evolution, although if he could use a Z-Move he'd definitely use one as a red herring.

I feel like Shinji's the kind of guy to use Mega Evolution, although if he could use a Z-Move he'd definitely use one as a red herring.
I can't see him doing one of the silly dances, though. That is so not him.

Pokegirl Fan~

Sailor Galaxi-witch
I don't see Paul using any gimmicks really.

Anyways wow the script writing for the dub has gotten way worse since I last watched Lol.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Paul is more than capable of going through Ash's current team with or without gimmicks,his Garchomp defeated Dragonite in a sparring match but his Electivire and Torterra are still considered Paul's 2 best pokemon so they'd have a higher power than they did in DP due to the crazy powerscaling in JN.Mega evolving his Aggron,Gyarados,Garchomp or Metagross wouldn't hurt,it'd be an annoyance on top of how smart Paul battles.

Mega Evolution (Huge power boost)
Entry Hazard
Status Moves
Type Advantage
Switching (Paul is abusing this)
Abilities
Planning (Batman-like prep time)

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I can't see him doing one of the silly dances, though. That is so not him.

Shinji would do a dance with the least movement possible. Conversely, he'd do one with a lot of movement to distract his foe and make them question that they are actually seeing HIM of all people do a dance.

That or just Mega Evolution. Gimme Shinji with a Mega Hassam!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The best dub episode in JN hands down!! I do feel Julian's voice isnt as "rough" as it used to be for Paul but it has been decades and still sounded absolutely amazing and nostalgic!!
Also, Paul literally said to Ash "If youre struggling against me you have no hopes to win this thing" clearly implying he sees himself below them at the moment.