• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Training Battle! Ash VS Paul!! (1203)

thor94

So, no reserve for the M8 tournament, what a total shame.
It is supposed 4 matches, means, 12 pokemon at worst. and going to 18 or 24 if they include full battle matches.
There was enough spot to bring ash reserve dream team (charizard, greninja return, sceptile, etc) without taking to much screen from the fan-service new team.

but no, the writers decided to go for seing the same pokemon fighting the 4 matches.

Also i told you in the last episode topic, that thks to anime rule forbidding ash to face the same pokemon in battle, it was either AshxAlain or AshxLeon, but never both. i was right, Alain will always remains the only rival in the anime franchise ash was never able to defeat.

MartínK

Lucario learned Steel Beam before.

now of course we've got to see which move gets replaced...I doubt Aura sphere's going anywhere.

I know Lucario learned Steel Beam recently, but i also know how people feel about that move...and I know that we've had pokemon swap learned attacks out before, Buizel comes to mind as it learned Water Pulse, but eventually swapped it for Ice Punch

Cause I kind of hope it keeps Reversal, but that would mean that unless steel beam is replaced, Double Team would have to go and i'm not so sure if the writers would give that up.

further proving how unimportant they are to people, despite being legendaries. It's really hard to care about them given the sheer number of them that can be found compared to most other legendaries.

I know but only Ash's Lucario has two steel moves and the only other Lucario that has a steel move it's Maylene (Metal Claw)
I think that Reversal got replace, i don't see Lucario losing Steel Beam or Double Team.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Dragonite till Iris battle :- 3 wins

Dragonite after Iris battle :- 2 losses. Vs Wallace result is unknown.

I think we all can guess what happened.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I pretty much enjoyed the episode. My main gripe is lack of Tauros (I'm sure I didn't see the herd at all, please correct me if I'm wrong).
The herd appeared. It’s just that the other ‘mons beat them and tackled Ash first. You can see the tauros gang randomly stampeding after the said scene and be like “c’mon, guys, they stole our thunder today...”

DANdotW

Previously Iota
The herd appeared. It’s just that the other ‘mons beat them and tackled Ash first. You can see the tauros gang randomly stampeding after the said scene and be like “c’mon, guys, they stole our thunder today...”
Ah, that makes me feel better. I must have looked away or not been paying attention.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
This was a fun episode! Didn't even need the subs to enjoy it although I watch those ones where theyre messed up... infernape is totally gorgeous

But the highlights for me for this episode were: infernape saving Ash from the accidental release of will o wisp, that was a cool sequence. Also the whole training montage basically where all the pokemon were training in the groups.

I also appreciated how Paul used the pokemon of the champions, but I didn't catch on until Goh said something.

Also yay toto lives!

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Good episode overall!
I enjoyed it. Is it just me or Paul's Metagross was not shown to have fainted? I don't think it was taken out. I think Paul gave Ash's strongest Pokemon a good run for their money taking into account that they had just gotten their power ridiculously boosted by Ash's reserves. Paul's still very strong and he only aims to be a gym leader which I find very fitting and great to his character.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Paul's "I am not interested/impressed in the PWT" is just the symbolic example of Journeys questionable writing. No it's not about the actual explaination that's so dumb but the lazyness when they have to write him out of the tournament and the best solution for that being this.

Other than that, episode felt like "lets squeeze in Paul before the grand final because he's popular" and while having him being Ash's training buddy is not bad, it felt so unspectacular and not worthy looking back at their rivalry.

Well Paul is there so 6/10 but personally disappointed.