• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Type Club [New Flame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
So, how's the MM hunt going to work? I've never done a community hunt like that before, so I'd like to know details :)

And when do we start?

I'll be MMing Murkrow for my team now, but I wanted to do it with a Fire-type soon ^^

you must mm a fire type pokemon sense this is the fire type club to keep on topic as well as it will start any time you guys want tbh ill just add to the front your mming :p

as for the tournament lawz will be taking care of it....

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Hi and welcome! :D As it turns out, I did claim Ninetales early on, but no one's claimed Victini! XD

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Out of curiosity, how is the Pokemon of the month going to be determined? Will it be random or choosen?

On the mm thing, does anyone know a good way to get a foreign ditto with someone good ivs? I would love to mm a rapadash.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
HTML Code:
Username: Shiny Glaceon!
Why do you love fire-types?: Because they are so awesome and mysterious
Favourite fire-type Pokemon claim: Ninetales, if it has to be a no claimed fav then victini

welcome the club but ninetales has been taken you have to choose something else ;)

OK. That helps. but could My fave fire Pokemon Chanelure Get a Button?

all buttons were made of what i ordered which i didn't order chandelure sadly but there should be at least though 11 buttons to choose from on the front.

Out of curiosity, how is the Pokemon of the month going to be determined? Will it be random or choosen?

On the mm thing, does anyone know a good way to get a foreign ditto with someone good ivs? I would love to mm a rapadash.

we will have a vote which every month on who to choose who will be our fire type month which ill list its competitive spreads as well as about the pokemon.

dragonmaster10

Dragons forever.....
Thanks for the congrats. I couldn't believe it myself! when I saw a yellow Charmander come out of the egg, I started Screaming and everyone else yelled at me to "SHUT UP!" I did.

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Sorry for the lack of posting been caught up in completing the pokedex and working on getting ready to MM a shiny. Haven't decided which fire type yet I like Rapadash but there are a few others like Arcanine that I like.

Congrats on the Shiny Charmander. Usually it takes quite a bit longer then that. Shiny charzard is really cool too.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
congrats on the shiny charmander my friend <3

@trainer maria: don't worry as long as we keep posting before a month is up we shall be fine so the thread will not close up. I have been busy lately as well as i can't access my game atm trying to prove my boyfriend i can live without my game lol as well as the forums which the fourm part i slightly failing >.> but anyway back on topic i will start mming a fire type as soon as i finish my non fire type mm hunt.

New Topic: What is your favorite set on a fire type pokémon?

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

What is your favorite set on a fire type pokémon?

Typhlosion@Choice Specs
Modest | Blaze
252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 HP
- Eruption
- Flamethrower / Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Set made for Doubles, with sun and Tailwind support. Just sit back and watch Eruption destroy everything :p

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
I really love to have an assortment of moves. For fire types I love to base their moves off of Sunny Day / Drought. Moves that are fire related like heat wave or solar beam and morning sun.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I really love to have an assortment of moves. For fire types I love to base their moves off of Sunny Day / Drought. Moves that are fire related like heat wave or solar beam and morning sun.

you may be a sight of sore eyes but if you like running drought and sunny day that is a good thing for a sun team for singles sadly though the weather got nerfed in x and y :/ sun teams can work still and function but it takes work. I have a sun fun team that revolves around mega chari y :p I never have tried doubles in ages btw so not sure if weather works in that department.

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Honestly my teams are usually semi sunny day and semi self reliant so the reduced weather affect hasn't bothered me much. I run mostly doubles because I love the ability to combine moves. I love to use my charzard y with a morning sun umbreon with rocky helmet.

Out of curiosity is the tournament singles, doubles or a bit of everything? I keep thinking it's doubles out of habit. Either way will work for me though. Currently working on a team, surprisingly enough there isn't as many single fire type pokemon as I expected.

Mega Typhlosion

I never have tried doubles in ages btw so not sure if weather works in that department.

It works a lot lot better than in singles because the battles are shorter and you can keep the weather up a lot. It's the same reason that makes Tailwind and Trick Room so popular in Doubles as well.

My Doubles team is a sun team (and it has been like this since Gen 4) and it never failed me. It worked before Drought, and it still works after the nerf. It's just a matter of adapting to the new things ;)

Last edited:

dragonmaster10

Dragons forever.....
Probably a Char X With Fire fang, Dragon pulse, fire blast, and Dragon claw
(Shiny)

Edit: I'm a "Hit 'em Fast, Hit 'em Hard!" Kind of Battle-er? Battler? Battleer?

Last edited:

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
New Topic: What is your favorite set on a fire type pokémon?

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Protect

I used this set in the VGC '14 Phillie regional that just past. This set wrecks teams while partners cover weaknesses, and kill pokemon that Chari Y cannot. Blaze makes scarf garde unable to trace a good ability like solar power, timid speed ties with jolly kang(I only came across adamant in the regional), Heat wave in the sun wrecks, Solarbeam in the sun kills T-tar/other rock/ground types and kills M-T-tar after some damage partners widdle on it, Ancient power is for other chari/talonflame, and protect for vgc is a stable.

This is my favorite spread, but haban berry arcanine can be fun when facing latios/latias in 5th gen VGC '12/'13 format. It has great bulk and support moves.

Mega Typhlosion

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Protect

I used this set in the VGC '14 Phillie regional that just past. This set wrecks teams while partners cover weaknesses, and kill pokemon that Chari Y cannot. Blaze makes scarf garde unable to trace a good ability like solar power, timid speed ties with jolly kang(I only came across adamant in the regional), Heat wave in the sun wrecks, Solarbeam in the sun kills T-tar/other rock/ground types and kills M-T-tar after some damage partners widdle on it, Ancient power is for other chari/talonflame, and protect for vgc is a stable.

This is my favorite spread, but haban berry arcanine can be fun when facing latios/latias in 5th gen VGC '12/'13 format. It has great bulk and support moves.

I'm also very fond of that set. Mine has Dragon Pulse over AncientPower because I need to get rid of some annoying Dragons more than I need rocks to hit other Megazard Y and Talonflame. Other than that, add my Typhlosion to that team and spam Heat Wave+Eruption. LET IT BURN!

Status
Not open for further replies.