• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Type Club [New Flame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
You are right! I just got the Mega Stone from Maxie after going to the Battle Resort for the first time! :D

hahaha yeah and sorry for the spoiler btw didn't think about it when I said it but glad you got your stone ;) all the stones are located in the game now btw there is no exclusives anymore.

I'll join, seeing as how next to Electric, Fire is my favorite type.

Username: Polecat
Why do you love fire-types?: They're badass and burn stuff. Plus, it's my favorite type next to Electric.
Favourite fire-type Pokemon claim: Blaziken

Anyway, yeah, Mega Camerupt is really badass. I've actually been using one a lot lately, transferred up a high-leveled Camerupt I raised in Emerald and gave it the Mega Stone. With the bulk that the Mega Evolution gives it, it can finally take a hit well enough to use Eruption. I definitely see some potential for it in Double Battles. Plus, the thing's a fluffy camel with a giant volcano on it's back. What's there not to love? It really deserved the Mega anyway, having been mostly forgotten in past generations.

welcome to the club and you have to select a different cliam blaziken is token already...

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Huh, Blaziken's not on the user list. If it isn't available, then I'll take Camerupt.

hmm i thought it was on the list unless im thinking about infernape but alright ill give you blaziken sorry about that...

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
hahaha yeah and sorry for the spoiler btw didn't think about it when I said it but glad you got your stone ;) all the stones are located in the game now btw there is no exclusives anymore.

Really!? That's awesome! I chose X version so I didn't get access to Mega Houndoom. I'm getting pumped now. The Houndour line is one of my favorites! Time to raise one! :D At least once I'm done school for the semester.

Omega_Charizard

King of the flames
I've been wanting to join this, I just never got around to it.

Username: Omega_Charizard
Why do you love fire-types?: They have actually always been my favorite type. I like them because they are boss. They pretty much destroy everything in their path. I. Love. Them!
Favourite fire-type Pokemon claim: I was hoping to do Charizard, but I'll pick Combusken

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Really!? That's awesome! I chose X version so I didn't get access to Mega Houndoom. I'm getting pumped now. The Houndour line is one of my favorites! Time to raise one! :D At least once I'm done school for the semester.

yeah they made it easier now that everyone can get the mega stones even the special stones that was suppose to be for the demo only is there still as well

I've been wanting to join this, I just never got around to it.

Username: Omega_Charizard
Why do you love fire-types?: They have actually always been my favorite type. I like them because they are boss. They pretty much destroy everything in their path. I. Love. Them!
Favourite fire-type Pokemon claim: I was hoping to do Charizard, but I'll pick Combusken

welcome to the club and Ill add your claim to the list i think combusken isn't taken so it should be fine

The funny part is that I got a Shiny Camerupt from Wonder Trade before the mega was announced. :D

Can't wait to use it! :)

lol congrats on the shiny fire type mon :3 I need to mm a fire type seriously i think i may choose fletchling

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Silly question, but I'm not understanding how to MM? I don't actually hunt for shinies, but for a shiny Houndour, I'm willing to try this. Do you just need a foreign, compatible mon to breed with a female Houndour/Houndoom (or a foreign ditto; I hear that works too)?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Silly question, but I'm not understanding how to MM? I don't actually hunt for shinies, but for a shiny Houndour, I'm willing to try this. Do you just need a foreign, compatible mon to breed with a female Houndour/Houndoom (or a foreign ditto; I hear that works too)?

ou need a foriegn parent with your pokemon so for me i just use my japanese flawless ditto to get a shiny so to get your shiny houndour you need to get a foriegn parent that is opposite of your language of your game. I have a english game so for me german,french,japanese, and etc would cut down the odds.

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Hello everyone, I've been busy with a lot of things lately but I've been thinking about the club still. Finally beat my game after many distractions from within the game. I absolutely love the game though and how they did everything. I'm glad with how they introduced Mega Evolution and even more so with the fact that they didn't just through it in for the sake of it.

If it's alright to ask a question, out of curiosity, what does everyone think will be the next remake if there is one? Also what mega evolution do you think the fire starter would have if they had one at all?

Although it's too early I wouldn't mind seeing a black and white remake. It had a lot of potential to show off 3D scenes, like when you walked across Sky Arrow Bridge and neared Castelia City. I have no idea what they would do with Emboar though, expect maybe make it more of a bulk type then a fighting type? That or for some reason increase it's speed stat and decrease it's bulk. Although I don't know if they ever actually decreased a stat before with a mega evolution so they would most likely just increase it's bulk. I would really love to see what they do with a Mega evolution of Delphox. Maybe the sequel or third installment will have it.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Although it's too early I wouldn't mind seeing a black and white remake. It had a lot of potential to show off 3D scenes, like when you walked across Sky Arrow Bridge and neared Castelia City. I have no idea what they would do with Emboar though, expect maybe make it more of a bulk type then a fighting type? That or for some reason increase it's speed stat and decrease it's bulk. Although I don't know if they ever actually decreased a stat before with a mega evolution so they would most likely just increase it's bulk. I would really love to see what they do with a Mega evolution of Delphox. Maybe the sequel or third installment will have it.

Emboar was a mistake in every way. Statwise, designwise, typewise... I doubt a Mega could fix all those, especially the design part.

Delphox's only mistake was having a feminine design that made a lot of people hate it. I like it though, always did, and I'd like to see a Mega Delphox, it sure has potential. Has good stats, nice moves (especially now with Dazzling Gleam) and could be quite a threat. Unfortunately most Fire-types are classified as crap because they're weak to SR, so we could get a Mega Delphox with 150 Base Stat in everything and smogon would still make it UU lol.

I think we could see the three Kalos starters Mega evolving for Z version.

About possible remakes, BW was for me the worst game in the series. BW2 was good plotwise, but most of the Pokémon designs were terrible and uncreative, the game was not challenging enough and there weren't enough new things. So that I spent 1 year without touching BW and even coming here. XY with the new breeding mechanics, the Megas and the 3D animations as well as some cool new Pokémon brough back the spark thoough ;) That said, I do not really look forward to having BW remakes. Although I admit, the ORAS remakes are the best games I've ever played. They combine everything good from XY with everything good from RSE, then they slightly changed the plot and added the Delta Episode. I'm loving these games.
DPPt will probably get remakes in the future, but it's too soon to tell. Maybe only on an 8th gen.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Emboar was a mistake in every way. Statwise, designwise, typewise... I doubt a Mega could fix all those, especially the design part.

I can agree with this, but it didn't stop me from choosing Tepig as my starter. My love for Fire starters is too strong apparently. lol I did get frustrated with my Emboar from time to time though; probably because its speed stat was so terrible. :p Also, it made me unhappy knowing it was the third Fire starter to be part-Fighting.

Delphox's only mistake was having a feminine design that made a lot of people hate it. I like it though, always did, and I'd like to see a Mega Delphox, it sure has potential. Has good stats, nice moves (especially now with Dazzling Gleam) and could be quite a threat. Unfortunately most Fire-types are classified as crap because they're weak to SR, so we could get a Mega Delphox with 150 Base Stat in everything and smogon would still make it UU lol.

TBH, I didn't mind the feminine design, though it could have been better. What I didn't let was the fur sticking out of its ears; it looked like such an eyesore. Oh, and its 3D model looked a little odd to me, but I got used to that. Delphox's design (from what little I've seen) actually fairs better in the anime than in the games. Seeing a M-Delphox though, I wouldn't mind!

About possible remakes, BW was for me the worst game in the series. BW2 was good plotwise, but most of the Pokémon designs were terrible and uncreative, the game was not challenging enough and there weren't enough new things. So that I spent 1 year without touching BW and even coming here. XY with the new breeding mechanics, the Megas and the 3D animations as well as some cool new Pokémon brough back the spark thoough ;) That said, I do not really look forward to having BW remakes. Although I admit, the ORAS remakes are the best games I've ever played. They combine everything good from XY with everything good from RSE, then they slightly changed the plot and added the Delta Episode. I'm loving these games.
DPPt will probably get remakes in the future, but it's too soon to tell. Maybe only on an 8th gen.

I don't know how on topic this is for the club, but I partially agree with you here in that Gen V wasn't my favorite per se. I still found it enjoyable, but it had to grow on me. I wouldn't mind if they get rebooted like its earlier predecessors, but I'm looking forward to Gen IV getting rebooted the most if it will. Sure Gen IV introduced the least Fire-type Pokemon as opposed to Gen V (which introduced the most), but that was a somewhat 'magic' gen for me. <3

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
Who thinks that we can get a Fire Spider next generation? I've always really wanted a fire spider as a pokemon. It could be three-stages, be Bug/Fire, and it could have its own signature move.

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
I also think that it could have the following stats:

HP:70
Attack: 90
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 90
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 120

I'd give it a Fire version of Electroweb, but instead it burns the opponent instead of lowering their speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.