• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FireFox13/NovaStar's Fakemon and other art

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
I haven't been on this site for awhile now and I have done several works since then. Essentially I've always wanted to try and perfect the Sugimori style since I'd like a more official look to my mons. Just a personal preference I guess. Some of these will be a bit large so just follow the links to view.

New Stuff:
Fakemon:

Hadofoo: Hadouken + Kung-fu (Some might get the reference)
Fire/Fighting
kl3rP.png

This is actually not one of my fakemon, it was made by another (Hopefully one of you guys know from where but I wouldn't think so). I liked the concept and decided to make some art for it.
*[Update: Just redid the shading and added some extra details, the shiny version isn't updated yet so there's going to be a difference]

*Shiny version

Seldun
Normal/Ground
Seldun.png

(Oldish)

Unnamed
Normal/Ground
bGiGn.png

Now these has always been my pet project. Ever since 09 I've tried time and time again with many different concepts. I settled on this as a deserving evolution line for my favorite pokemon, Dunsparce. Kind went with a more sketch style here. Might try at making more official versions soon.

Old Stuff
Fakemon:
Roglide
Normal/Flying
D85KW.png

This was intended for a fan-game I had worked on but the project had been put on hold until our schedules clear up.

Bubloog
Bug/Electric
xFakemon2.png

My first ever attempt at replicating the Sugimori art style. Not my best but eh. This was also made for the same game.

I'll probably update this with more of my old stuff but I'd depend if any wants me to.

Last edited:

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Adding two more to the list. Both again are not mine but are from the same place as the first. The story behind these was for one to make a scribble and make a Pokemon out of it, making the name from a smash to the keyboard. I just provided an artist representation if you will.
frCco.png
]
Probably the best so far even though I say that quite often.

T6xUM.png

This one is rather "eh", I honestly don't like how it turned out.

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Just another Sugi-style artpiece. This time with one of the more famous fakemon out there (well to some). Not really the best of my works but still fairly decent.
uoSUy.png

EDIT: Made some changes to the mouth.
If anyone would like to give some feedback that would be great!

Last edited:

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Well I sketch out what I want first and then I go over the linework and add the color/shading in GIMP.
It takes a span of 1 to 3 hours on a piece depending how well everything goes its complexity.

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
I guess this is the beginning of what I hope to be a successful fakedex.

lZ3cB.png

Dewvren
Water/--
Tempered Pokemon
Height: 1'12'' Weight: 13.4 lbs

With the air pockets on its arms DEWVREN can stay afloat for days without needing to return to land.

Last edited:

Thermatic

GIMP Geek
These are better than quite a few others I've seen, they all look polished, I especially like the last one you posted (the water wolf) and the 1st fakemon in the op (the fighting dual type one) is pretty nice too.

Xandra would be a nice basic/baby fakemon, I'd say dual poison/dragon though, it does look very poison-ish. xD