• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Firefox13's Sprite Thread (Malachite Backsprites)

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Well after taking a very long hiatus I have finally decided to get back into the spriting field. I already made a scratch and several backsprites for Pokemon Malachite. So I'd love some c&c because I want the best for the game. And before anyone asks, I have not made the front sprites, I only used them as references.

MalachiteSheet4-3.png

This particular sprite sheet includes the starters of the game and a fire mouse pokemon, I know that the fire mouse needs much much work and I'll try to clean things up.

MalachiteSheet7.png

This is the most recent backsprites I've done. This includes the evolution of the fire mouse from the last set. I think this is the best one I've done so far (other than the starters which I'm fairly proud of).

MalachiteSheet5.png

Now you can see the evolved form of the smaller grass snake Pokemon, I'm iffy on the original artists designs (most notably the phantom and the angel).

MalachiteSheet6-1.png

Again I'm a bit iffy on the designs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways this is my most recent Fakemon...
Berub
The Burrowing Pokemon
http://i29.*******.com/1538imb.jpg

So please comment and rate so I can get better.

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
TrainerSprite7005720644-iaza.gif

Well another day another sprite. This time it's a trainer, I want some criticism, tell me what I need to work on and what to change.

Update:
Even though absolutely no one seems to care I'll update anyways.
I made a new sprite (more of a remake) of one of the Pokemon Malachite Gym Leaders. Hope you enjoy.
GymLeader13669685478-iaza.gif

Last edited:

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Thanks for the comment.
Anyways, here's another trainer sprite and an edit.

IceGym-1.png

Here's an ice type trainer I made for Malachite. Hope you enjoy.

GymLeader1-1.png

Just edited the legs so they don't look so weird.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Well this is sertainly worth commenting. They look pretty good, even though I'm not really a big fan of the concepts of the pokémon you managed to make some decent backsprites.

For they firemouse i suggest you let the tail end upwards so the flame doens't look so akward.
The evolution of the firemouse looks pretty good. But the shading on the back is a little bit too exagerated. I know the fire bring alot of light, but the contrast you give it is just too much. Alse on the fire, it looks good, but totaly diffrent compared to the front sprite. Yours kind of have a 'turning' flame-look while the flames of the front sprite look like they just go upwards.
The water-ground pylaptusish thing should be turned a little bit more because now it isn't competely facing the right way
The leaf on the grass snake doesn't really block the light on your sprite.

And for the rest some general comments:
The shading doesn't look too bad, but you use too much dithering. For example with the water-starter (the pinguin) you use dithering on 2 places, but the original pokemonsprites never use dither on 2 diffrentent places when it's completely round.
They are also some little shading-faults. For example with the pure flying pokemon, you only use the lightest shade on the neck, while the head is much higher so I sertainly would have a lighter shade. I also find the same problem with the dolphin.

Hope this helped you a little bit, so you can improve them.
But still, they look very good, sertainyl the outlining.
So keep up the good work :)

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Thank you very much, I'll take all of that into account.
Anyways, I have another batch of goodies. This time being map revamps/devamp I made for a PokeCommunity community project where we have to remake cities, towns, and routes from Johto, Hoehnn, and Sinnoh in the style of Fire Red and Leaf Green. I think I did pretty well for a first attempt at map making.

FloraromaTown.png

Floraroma Town

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VerdanturfTown.png

Verdanturf Town

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OldaleRoute1031-2.png

Oldale Town & Route 103

Last edited: